New Little Caesars Arena

hf101

Wow. This place looks spectacular on TV,  I can only imagine how great it is if I were there in person.  Which makes me wonder why the place is so empty on its opener even though it isn't the official season yet.  That jumbotron is freaking awesome.

• hf101 changed the title to New Little Caesars Arena
35 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Nice arena....but Little Caesar's Arena?????

Ok, that's it.....corporate sponsorship has finally killed proud arena names........ :dizzysmiley-1:

I just hope Trojan or Summer's Eve don't get involved in building NHL arenas...... just sayin..

To be fair, Little Caesars is owned by the Illich family, who also own the Red Wings. 

Just now, AJgoal said:

To be fair, Little Caesars is owned by the Illich family, who also own the Red Wings. 

I know, I know...and in this day and age, its all about corporate sponsorship.

Still doesn't sadden me any less for some of the unfortunate names arenas have nowadays.

Long gone are the days of The Aud, The Igloo, The Ice Palace, The Joe, The Garden or Gardens, The Pond, The Spectrum....you get the idea.

Now its just all one big 'commercial' after another.

21 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I know, I know...and in this day and age, its all about corporate sponsorship.

Still doesn't sadden me any less for some of the unfortunate names arenas have nowadays.

Long gone are the days of The Aud, The Igloo, The Ice Palace, The Joe, The Garden or Gardens, The Pond, The Spectrum....you get the idea.

Now its just all one big 'commercial' after another.

Psh! And I’ll just bet you’ll object to the future Trojan Extra-Ribbed Palace too! ;-D

12 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

Psh! And I’ll just bet you’ll object to the future Trojan Extra-Ribbed Palace too! ;-D

Not necessarily.

I mean, if it was the name of a grown up theme park where the hubby and I can have a getaway weekend with the kids over at grandma and grandpa's, sure, no problem.....

But as a hockey arena, yea, that would be a bit stiff to take............ 

Hmmm....this post digresses....severely......  moving on now.... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Far too many empty seats in Detroit for the home opener.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I wonder what the ticket prices are for those seats close to the ice that a lot of the seats seem to be empty.

Archived