4th Line

hobie

The 4th line has been traditionally an energy line comprised of marginal offensive talents who eat time while the better players rest. For some teams this is a necessary arrangement but it is wise for teams that might have the depth to have 4 dangerous lines.

I'm expecting TO's 4th line might be Martin/Moore/Sosh which could be a decent to fill a 4th line role but is it the best line TO could ice. Is it imperative that PKers should come from this line even tho these 3 players seriously have little value beyond wasting time, facing other team's 4th lines. I would think TO's better players would be superior PKers.

From what I've seen Aaltonen, Grundstrom,  Johnsson,  Kapanen and Leivo might be a more effective group of players than the 4th line TO will settle on. I get excited about the concept of watching Grundstrom/Aaltonen/Kapanen and I think this line is or will very soon become top 3 worthy.

Forget who makes what, TO should ice the best lineup possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Who knew that Brown would displace Marner? Marner hasn't been impressive this year which is disappointing, sophomore jinx maybe?

I'm happy that Marner is no longer playing with Bozak and JVR as I don't think they make an ideal line, together.

54 minutes ago, hobie said:

Who knew that Brown would displace Marner? Marner hasn't been impressive this year which is disappointing, sophomore jinx maybe?

I'm happy that Marner is no longer playing with Bozak and JVR as I don't think they make an ideal line, together.

Defenses are game planning for him now. Like almost every other player, it's up to him to step up and respond with the kind of skill he possesses.

Archived