Tonight's Lineup/Final Two Games

vis

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Replying to @davegisaac

Extra line is Lindblom-Lehtera-Read.

So it has to be Sam over Sanheim. Morin has looked to good all around to NOT make it. If he doesn't i would be shocked!

I’m guessing Lindblom is LV bound. 

I really feel TK is wasted on the 3rd line. At least he gets PP2 time. I kinda hope they keep Patrick on the 2nd unit where he can learn the ropes and play a primary role rather than being parked in front of the net on PP1. 

Anyway, interesting to say the least. 

Replying to @davegisaac

Extra line is Lindblom-Lehtera-Read.

So it has to be Sam over Sanheim. Morin has looked to good all around to NOT make it. If he doesn't i would be shocked!

Until the cuts come out tomorrow, we really don't know who stays or goes. As it stands, it should be Morin, Hagg and Sanheim over MacDonald and Manning. The problem is that damn MacDonald contract. If Hextall eats some salary, he gets rid of him and he frees up  a spot for one of the young guys and Manning immediately becomes the number 7 guy. I really don't understand Hextall or Hakstol's infatuation with MacDonald. I'm wondering if the corporate people at COMCAST are telling Ron that there will be no retaining salary on MacDonald and that he either plays him or moves him without retaining. That's the only thing I can think of with regards to MacDonald remaining in the lineup.

21 hours ago, brelic said:

I’m guessing Lindblom is LV bound. 

I think he is headed to LV too... This is not a bad thing for a kid that is just coming to the NA game.   He does need to work on his skating a bit and getting bogs minutes down there will benefit him.   

Morin is on this team - if not, Hextall's talk of "when they are ready" is complete BS.  The kid deserves to play in the NHL this year.   He has been outstanding in the preseason.   

6 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Morin is on this team - if not, Hextall's talk of "when they are ready" is complete BS.

I have to agree.

I think this is the last chance for Manning or Mcdud to steal the 7th spot.

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I have to agree.

I think this is the last chance for Manning or Mcdud to steal the 7th spot.

I think MacDonald will end up in the top 4, likely first pairing like last year. I know we don't like it, but it is what it is. Doesn't mean he'll stay there all year though. 

Manning will be the 7th I'm guessing. 

59 minutes ago, brelic said:

I think MacDonald will end up in the top 4, likely first pairing like last year. I know we don't like it, but it is what it is. Doesn't mean he'll stay there all year though. 

They do that and they will be just working on a good draft pick like they have since he has been here.

#justthrowingitawayoutthegate

1 hour ago, brelic said:

sadly, I fear you are correct!

Hextall said that we are going to be going with youth this season, and what does he do? Cut two rookies defenseman that looked great and have potential to be at least top-4 defenseman in favour of 2 veteran plugs that have no business in the NHL

Hextall just took a huge piss on every Flyers fan 

1 minute ago, brelic said:

Did he get hurt? I don’t remember seeing anything. 

Yes he left the bench and didn't see him come back. However i was doing stuff why the game was on so i wasn't glued to the set.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah so i guess whoever doesn't dress for the 1st game is the guy who will be sent down when the time is right.

Not necessarily. With Ghost hurt, there's a good chance that Sanheim dresses to replace that "type" of player.

Though honestly, I have no clue anymore. The roster seemed pretty foolproof at the start of TC. It really seems like they want us to hold their beer, though.

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

Not necessarily. With Ghost hurt, there's a good chance that Sanheim dresses to replace that "type" of player.

Though honestly, I have no clue anymore. The roster seemed pretty foolproof at the start of TC. It really seems like they want us to hold their beer, though.

Yeah no matter what happens i hope they do what is best for the player too not just the Flyers. I could go either way.

Part of me wants them to dress the 3 rookies and so i don't hopefully have to watch Mcdud anymore but part of me knows Sanheim could still clean up some stuff in his own end in the AHL.

Whatever happens we have zero control of. I just want them to wins some games and play for 60 minutes.

I guess I'll wait and see before I go full-bore into Hextall, but:

Why is Sam Morin even a question?  He's had a terrific camp and has earned a spot.   If he goes down, some needs to Chelios Hextall across the face.

Second,  Sanheim should stay up, injury to Ghost or not.   But I suppose we have to play McJackAss, so...Sanheim should have to be first call up.  If Ghost is injured, that call-up is now.   If not, someone put a roller skate on McJackAss's steps.

Leier?   What about this training camp made it seem like Leier is an NHLer?   I didn't see it.  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

What in the flipping hell?

3 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

that's great, unfortunately it means they'll probably be sitting in favour of Manning and MacDonald 

I guess we'll.

Depends on how bad Ghost's concussion is think.

I'm sorry but i just don't think Manning or Mcdud make the Flyers better.

So yeah if you don't want to be the best you can i guess Hak can dress one or both of those turds.

Nothing we can do but watch helplessly.

I guess we'll.

Depends on how bad Ghost's concussion is think.

I'm sorry but i just don't think Manning or Mcdud make the Flyers better.

So yeah if you don't want to be the best you can i guess Hak can dress one or both of those turds.

Nothing we can do but watch helplessly.

I'm pretty sure there's only 2 people in the World that think those 2 give the Flyers a better chance at winning than Morin and Sanheim. Unfortunately those 2 people run the Flyers 

I just don't get it. Makes zero sense. I can see Sanheim needing more time in the AHL, but not Morin. I don't understand what Hextall and Hakstol are trying to do here. Hagg and Morin both should be in the line up over those 2 plugs 

Archived