The "Crow or Gripe About Your All Star Team Thread: 2017-18

hf101

Since the HF.net League is divided into 2 leagues and we can't all see what happens in each of the leagues let us post our rosters, trades, and Free Agent pick up's and more in this thread.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Well, I was hoping to avoid this, but looks like I'll be auto drafting. The good news is that it can't do worse than me. 

Sorry you have to miss the fun later tonight.  EDI-Flyer missed last night and ended up with a really good auto draft team.  Off course it did not hurt he was slated to pick 1st overall.

EDi's team ...

image.png

Not bad for not being there ..... he his a bit weak on goalie though .....

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

So what is the over under to when @J0e Th0rnton  sends out his first trade offer! :VeryCool:

I think ill stand pat for now in All stars :P

See how things shake out.

I did manage to draft 3 legit starting goalies, so I suspect ill be getting offers rather than receiving them. 33% of the categories being decided by 2-3 players per team.

Overall happy with my team. Its not a scoring threat team by any stretch of the imagination. But most of my guys are multicat valuable. Only 4 out of 12 skater categories have anything to do with points anyways(SHP doesn't count), so I went power Peripherals. 2 of the top 4 FOW men from last year and another guy in the top 20. 4 of the worst PIM offenders available, 3 of whom are Good/decent scorers at their position.

Ill confess, Borowecki sucks, but he brings such a stupid amount of hits and PIM's and blocks a good number of shots that he might as well be 3 people for hits and PIM's.

Fortunately, the other keep 5 league I joined has similar categories with BKS and Hits, FOW and , well, everything but SOG. Was almost able to use the same ranking system and adjust SOG guys up or down.

Tomorrow NAHANA is a completely different animal. but It was almost like I only needed to prep for 2 leagues instead of 3 :)

7 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I think ill stand pat for now in All stars :P

See how things shake out.

I did manage to draft 3 legit starting goalies, so I suspect ill be getting offers rather than receiving them. 33% of the categories being decided by 2-3 players per team.

Overall happy with my team. Its not a scoring threat team by any stretch of the imagination. But most of my guys are multicat valuable. Only 4 out of 12 skater categories have anything to do with points anyways(SHP doesn't count), so I went power Peripherals. 2 of the top 4 FOW men from last year and another guy in the top 20. 4 of the worst PIM offenders available, 3 of whom are Good/decent scorers at their position.

Ill confess, Borowecki sucks, but he brings such a stupid amount of hits and PIM's and blocks a good number of shots that he might as well be 3 people for hits and PIM's.

Fortunately, the other keep 5 league I joined has similar categories with BKS and Hits, FOW and , well, everything but SOG. Was almost able to use the same ranking system and adjust SOG guys up or down.

Tomorrow NAHANA is a completely different animal. but It was almost like I only needed to prep for 2 leagues instead of 3 :)

I'm not certain having 3 goalies is necessary for success this league.   Granted if one of 2 gets hurt that is huge... but being able to pad the 12 scoring categories might be more important.  

Of the 6 categories (L) and (GAA) might favor having fewer goalie starts per week especially if they are quality starts.  Shutouts are usually a hit or miss.  We also only need 3 starts to count.  

I'm fairly even across the board.  2 very legit goalies and we'll see what happens to Mason in Jet-land.  I too went heavy on peripherals and middle of the pack.  I took some risks so we will see how things shake out.

6 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I'm not certain having 3 goalies is necessary for success this league.   Granted if one of 2 gets hurt that is huge... but being able to pad the 12 scoring categories might be more important.  

Of the 6 categories (L) and (GAA) might favor having fewer goalie starts per week especially if they are quality starts.  Shutouts are usually a hit or miss.  We also only need 3 starts to count.  

3 goalies is never necessary. 2 good ones will do.

But having 3 gives me security in case of injury and a trade chip for other people's injuries(And or replacements for potential trainwrecks. Like Fleury in Vegas)

2 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

3 goalies is never necessary. 2 good ones will do.

But having 3 gives me security in case of injury and a trade chip for other people's injuries(And or replacements for potential trainwrecks. Like Fleury in Vegas)

True. I drafted Talbot and Quick.  I think having the 2 will get me 3-4 solid starts per week.

38 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Yeah, I don't see goaltending being nearly as important in this league as NAHANA, for example. Smaller percentage of stats and less teams. So not as important and not such a supply/demand issue. 

I haven't gotten a chance to see who drafted whom. But all that said, three starters at the start of the season is a decent place to be.  Two are what you run with and one becomes currency. 

8 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Sorry you have to miss the fun later tonight.  EDI-Flyer missed last night and ended up with a really good auto draft team.  Off course it did not hurt he was slated to pick 1st overall.

EDi's team ...

image.png

Not bad for not being there ..... he his a bit weak on goalie though .....

LOL  I don't think I was quite as lucky.

In what is certainly no surprise to anyone I made the first trade of the season, and this one is a doozy with pa40flyer fan:

I TRADED 

CROSBY

OEL

I RECEIVED

KUCHEROV

TROCHECK

JOSI

My logic being that Trocheck is a hidden gem, especially in this league with top ten in the league faceoffs the equal of Sid in that cat, 50 plus points, lots of shots and hits. My absolute kind of player. Kucherov will be top five or so in scoring and top five in shots, and while there is not a significant difference between OEL and Josi there is a little, Josi has slightly better peripherals and IMHO is the safer pick. OEL may have a 55 point season on lay another egg like he did last year and go minus 30 and have his only value being on the power play whereas Josi will almost certainly have 50 points give or take a few one way or the other and put up steady production.

Plus my team only had 3 RWs with Backes going out for a month or so with diverticulitis and I am hoarding my adds/drops, this balances my roster completely. Gonna miss Sid of course, who wouldn't, but I think my team overall is not only better but by a decent margin.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, hf101 said:

True. I drafted Talbot and Quick.  I think having the 2 will get me 3-4 solid starts per week.

I noticed the drafting of the two of them, nice solid pickups the only thing I don't like when I have my only two goalies in the same division is they play each other often and one gets a win and one gets a loss and with losses being a cat it can hurt. Gotta pray for overtime, lol

Crow--- 

So far, so good for the Green Star Blades. We are in a hotly contested match up against the Sharknado and holding our own, currently leading in fact, after a slow start, my guys are starting to come around and glad to see some guys I took a chance on in the draft coming through. Hope they can stay that way.

The PP could use a bit of a boost, but everything else is within acceptable levels for now, especially the real time peripherals.

Gripe---

Like I said, the PP could use some pep, as does the overall actual goal scoring category, but with any luck, certain guys will get their act together and things can be remedied.

I am just happy to be doing well right now against one of the better FHL players I know, J0eT  :eyeroll:

No idea whether this is a crow or gripe.  

The Talking Bears and Green Star Blades have agreed to a trade. 

Matthews going to the Blades for Crawford.   

I *think* I can afford the lost offense and with Fleury down and Rask sucking, I really needed a goalie. 

We shall see.  TFG knows what she's doing alot more than me, so... 

[EDIT:   Come on, @J0e Th0rnton and @yave1964.    Thought you'd beat me up on this]

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I *think* I can afford the lost offense and with Fleury down and Rask sucking, I really needed a goalie.

I don't think you had much of choice unless MAF comes back in 7 days or less.....

14 hours ago, ruxpin said:

[EDIT:   Come on, @J0e Th0rnton and @yave1964.    Thought you'd beat me up on this]

Ok ill chime in. I think it is a good trade for both parties.

Every team is going to be constructed differently in this format with so many categories.

TFG needed goal scoring particularly and had one of the most potent goaltending trio's in the league. She dealt a position of strength to address a need. Matthews also blasts SOG through the roof and adds medium faceoffs. Contributes nothing to hits or blocks or PIM's, but helps everywhere else. Most of TFG's C's are wing eligible, so she has given herself versatile choices on benching and playing. She also moved fast to snag Subban since Fleury is out with a concussion. She can play or bench him as she sees fit since she has 2 starters and should be competitive against most teams.

For Rux, you get one of the best goaltenders in the league on one of the best teams in the league and you also dealt from a strength to cover a weakness(most potent offense in the league). With 6 goalie categories making up 33.3% of the stats, having 2 starters is a must.

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Ok ill chime in. I think it is a good trade for both parties.

Every team is going to be constructed differently in this format with so many categories.

TFG needed goal scoring particularly and had one of the most potent goaltending trio's in the league. She dealt a position of strength to address a need. Matthews also blasts SOG through the roof and adds medium faceoffs. Contributes nothing to hits or blocks or PIM's, but helps everywhere else. Most of TFG's C's are wing eligible, so she has given herself versatile choices on benching and playing. She also moved fast to snag Subban since Fleury is out with a concussion. She can play or bench him as she sees fit since she has 2 starters and should be competitive against most teams.

For Rux, you get one of the best goaltenders in the league on one of the best teams in the league and you also dealt from a strength to cover a weakness(most potent offense in the league). With 6 goalie categories making up 33.3% of the stats, having 2 starters is a must.

This, pretty much covers it!

No fleecing here, @ruxpin

You and I simply swapped two premium players at their particular positions......positions where we both had a bit of an embarrassment of riches. Bottom line.

I WAS hesitant at first to break up my goalie "Cerberus" of Bish, and the two Coreys, :ahappy:

Cerberus.jpg

but then realized, one must truly give up something to GET something, and I think that's what we both did.

19 hours ago, ruxpin said:

WOW a big one!

You had the depth at forward to make a move, I am a little weary of Crawford and the Hawks but he has put up serious numbers and wins. Matthews, I hate to use the word redundant but you were loaded at forward anyway. The one thing I would say is Tony (Leafs raising the cup) is rabid for the blue and white, I don't know what he could have offered or if you shopped Matthews around or not, but either way it was IMHO a satisfying deal for both.

Archived