Halifax Sharknado 7

Divine Swine 5

Green Star Blades 4

Hooligans 3

Inside Edge Hockey 2

Bakanekimiwa's Team 2

Slick Sticks 1

Leafs Raisn' Cup 2018 1

I made 10 trades in Allstars?   Really?   Wow, I don't know my own strength.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Hell Bears / Putting on Foil 3

Putting on the Foil / Green Star Blades 3

Hell Bears / Halifax Sharknado 2

Hell Bears / Hooligans 2

Hell Bears / PA40FlyerFan's Team 2

Just a matter of what order you put it in since Foil/Blades are also 3, but not shocking it was Yave and me.  That I'm in 4 of the top five was a bit of a revelation (again, a little bit of sorting, but still)

24 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Agree with @TropicalFruitGirl26 , it has been a hell of season.  Kudos to @yave1964 for being well ahead of the pack this year.  He is definitely the team to beat.  It is going to be a dog fight for the rest of us as we all have very strong teams and very little points separate us.

all.jpg

I know I could look, but how many go on to the championship bracket of the playoffs?  6 or 8?

8.  I just looked.   That explains your breaking out the top 9.

25 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Heh...no worries... I sorta expected some last minute offers to come in today anyways.

Might as well been Yave and you, right?  :bigteeth:

LOL yep. 

And no worries here. Was just kind of a positional thing.  Didn't really do due diligence on some of the cats, either. Was just kind of "This name and that name seem... Eh, close enough, SEND."   lol

I'm really irritating myself.   It has to be operator error, but I keep setting my rosters in All-Stars and keep turning around and realizing the lineup ISN'T set.  So, like tonight I have someone completely unnecessarily sitting on my bench with points.   

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong since I have no issues in the other league and it's the same fricken platform, but it's constant in this league.

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'm really irritating myself.   It has to be operator error, but I keep setting my rosters in All-Stars and keep turning around and realizing the lineup ISN'T set.  So, like tonight I have someone completely unnecessarily sitting on my bench with points.   

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong since I have no issues in the other league and it's the same fricken platform, but it's constant in this league.

Not sure if this helps you or not, but this is my routine:

---Check my lineup every morning for at least the day's games plus the next two. If pressed for time, at the very least,  complete due diligence on THAT day's line, knowing I will have to check the next two later.

--If I made player adds/drops or even made a trade offer that was accepted/rejected, go BACK and repeat step 1.

--Same if I moved any players to or from IR.

It can be tedious, but that happened to me a couple times earlier in the year and it was frustrating, so I got into this process where I check and double check players and lineups, so I don't end up with benched players that shouldn't be.

Seems Yahoo jumbles your lineups (seemingly RANDOM sometimes) if you do any kind of updating to your team in any way.

Hell, I even do a quick check if I update something stupid like my trade block.

Check, check, check constantly. Do NOT trust in Rad's Yahoo Code Monkeys. :lol:

I do this for both All Stars and NAHANA and I have not had an issue since I started doing this.

Do three days at a time, only the one day if I am short on time, normally three day increments, do a checklist on my lineups, if all looks good, I move on, do a last minute check, if I can, right before the first game of the day, just to make sure no gremlins got in there and changed anything.

32 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I do this for both All Stars and NAHANA and I have not had an issue since I started doing this

I do all that and know about Yahoo screwing up the lineups if you do any kind of add/drop or trade or whatever (ask me know how I know about the effect trades have on it!).

think (but am unsure) what is happening is I've set my NAHANA roster for the week and leave the app thinking I've done both (I largely do this on my phone because the time i have to play with it is while driving to work) when I've only done NAHANA.   What's weird is it doesn't seem to happen in the opposite direction and I don't think I always do NAHANA first.

Oddly, it's NAHANA where I do a lot more of the moves that would screw up my lineup, which in a seemingly backwards way also may be why I'm less likely to mess it up.

I think your thing about a set routine is probably the best solution.  Now if I could only have the discipline...

@TropicalFruitGirl26

I only just now realized that Fleury is ALSO sitting on my bench.   This is not the kind of unforced errors I need to be doing right now with only a meh team!    And playing YOU no less!

I kind of hope he gets blown up in the third period (as I write this, he's pitching a shutout with 4 minutes left in the 2nd)

23 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

A bit bizarre. I did not realize the All stars playoffs started a week before NAHANA playoffs.

Yeah, they're done before NAHANA, too. I think two weeks before. I'm not sure I understand why. 

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

2 less teams?

Shorter schedule?

What it looks like anyways.

That's what it looks like, but there's teams we didn't play twice, so one more regular season week wouldn't have imbalanced anything.  It's no big -- at all --  just found it odd.

25 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, they're done before NAHANA, too. I think two weeks before. I'm not sure I understand why. 

I did not realize that until  just this morning.  However, the last week (Championship Week) is over 2 weeks.  We can adjust for next year if needed.

14 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I did not realize that until  just this morning.  However, the last week (Championship Week) is over 2 weeks.  We can adjust for next year if needed.

It's no problem at all, just a difference I realized only last week.  I figured it was an attempt to keep the finals to one week.

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Good luck this week, Doc! 

Good Luck to you Rux! Should be a great match-up.  We have very evenly matched teams and we are almost dead even on man-games. (61-60).

I believe the 2 weeks Final is by design, and I know I'm not in favor of changing it to one week. NHL stars are often rested the final week of the season causing an unusual week for starting the best players for fantasy scoring. The two week final makes for a challenging match with adding and dropping players too. I wish NAHANA playoffs were set the same way. 

2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I believe the 2 weeks Final is by design, and I know I'm not in favor of changing it to one week. NHL stars are often rested the final week of the season causing an unusual week for starting the best players for fantasy scoring. The two week final makes for a challenging match with adding and dropping players too. I wish NAHANA playoffs were set the same way. 

NAHANA finals are two weeks.

AllStars finals are one week.

Archived