The "Crow or Gripe About Your All Star Team Thread: 2017-18

hf101

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

NAHANA finals are two weeks.

AllStars finals are one week.

So apparenlty, not, but I was thinking maybe Allstars' playoffs were set a week early to deliberately avoid Yahoo's 2-week format on week 24 (Which is when NAHANA plays it's final 2-week "week")

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

NAHANA finals are two weeks.

AllStars finals are one week.

You are right.  I always tried to set the 2 week final with the Philly.com league  and I thought we also did it with the HF.net league too.  

14 minutes ago, hf101 said:

You are right.  I always tried to set the 2 week final with the Philly.com league  and I thought we also did it with the HF.net league too.  

I'm with you.  I prefer the 2 weeks and for the reasons you stated.   It's not that big a deal, and it won't be relevant to me because I'll be out by then. :VeryCool:

@ruxpin

@hf101

You know I thought we designed the finals to be for 2 weeks.  I'm wrong.  Rux is right.  I just double checked the settings. (see below)  I agree with @hf101, the Finals should be over 2 weeks.  We can make the change for next year.  Sorry for the confusion. :( 

Playoffs:

Week 21, 22 and 23 (8 teams) Note: Week 23 runs 7 days from Mar 19 to Mar 25

@pilldoc @hf101

I swear I wasn't trying to make a big deal about it.   Had just noticed it last week when @TropicalFruitGirl26 posted that it was the last week of the regular season (and was surprised by that since there was one more week in NAHANA) and was just replying to @J0e Th0rnton.    No big either way.   Ideally, I agree with HF about two weeks.  I think it's something Yahoo arbitrarily did with the last week because of the NHL season ending on a Saturday instead of a Sunday (I think).   Because last year, NAHANA was only one week.   Dunno.   I just wasn't aware of the difference until last week.

14 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@pilldoc @hf101

I swear I wasn't trying to make a big deal about it.   Had just noticed it last week when @TropicalFruitGirl26 posted that it was the last week of the regular season (and was surprised by that since there was one more week in NAHANA) and was just replying to @J0e Th0rnton.    No big either way.   Ideally, I agree with HF about two weeks.  I think it's something Yahoo arbitrarily did with the last week because of the NHL season ending on a Saturday instead of a Sunday (I think).   Because last year, NAHANA was only one week.   Dunno.   I just wasn't aware of the difference until last week.

Molehill2.jpg

:ph34r: :bigteeth:

@ruxpin

Oh.. I know you are not upset and nor did I take offense.  I didn't realize what Yahoo did.  I didn't pay much attention to NAHANA last year simply because I did not make the playoffs....  Like I said. No worries...I'm not upset at all. Just stuff for us to mull over for next year. :)

I think Yahoo could do a better job of clarifying the playoff setup. 

The question if you want a 2 week Finals is not directly asked and I've seen the mix up happen before.

25 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I think Yahoo could do a better job of clarifying the playoff setup. 

The question if you want a 2 week Finals is not directly asked and I've seen the mix up happen before.

Agreed!    .....  Totally agree with your thoughts.  When I set up the League it was not well defined.   The only negative I have with Yahoo with regard to Playoffs, is that with ESPN, regardless if you were in the Playoff round or not, you still had a match.  Yahoo makes it that once you are eliminated then you are done.  I wish I could change that. 

34 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Agreed!    .....  Totally agree with your thoughts.  When I set up the League it was not well defined.   The only negative I have with Yahoo with regard to Playoffs, is that with ESPN, regardless if you were in the Playoff round or not, you still had a match.  Yahoo makes it that once you are eliminated then you are done.  I wish I could change that. 

That's because ESPN believes in the loser point or the participation award!  :whistle:

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

While I'm thinking of it.    Have you locked the rosters when teams are eliminated?   I know Rad does in Nahana to prevent eliminated teams from dropping higher end players to make them available to playoff teams.

54 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

While I'm thinking of it.    Have you locked the rosters when teams are eliminated?   I know Rad does in Nahana to prevent eliminated teams from dropping higher end players to make them available to playoff teams.

That is a great idea I never thought of.  I'm looking at my League Manager interface and unfortunately it looks like I can't change that setting.  I'm assuming it has to happen at the beginning of the year when I set of the league.  So sadly, no as of now , the eliminated teams are not locked.

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Well let's make this interesting then! Dropping Arvidsson, Tavares, Holtby, and Jones in 3....2....1....

Made you look.

There has been no collusion between my campaign and @AJgoal

My fingers being crossed is strictly a coincidence.

Gripe:

Retained Robin Lehner to be my 3rd goalie for the playoffs...............but he ISN'T getting starts!

Has he really fallen THAT low that he has been supplanted by Chad Freakin Johnson!!??

As I type this, the Flames are handling Johnson and the Sabres 2-0 midway through the 1st.

Maybe if ol Chad gets peppered some more, Housely will throw Lehner back in there....

12 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Gripe:

Retained Robin Lehner to be my 3rd goalie for the playoffs...............but he ISN'T getting starts!

Has he really fallen THAT low that he has been supplanted by Chad Freakin Johnson!!??

As I type this, the Flames are handling Johnson and the Sabres 2-0 midway through the 1st.

Maybe if ol Chad gets peppered some more, Housely will throw Lehner back in there....

MILLER! MILLER! MILLER! :sabres_color::hockey-goal-scoring-smiley-emoticon:

Gripe:

My team BETTER have a good Saturday.....because I am in danger of being a first round exit in these playoffs.

Cory Schneider seriously underperforming and my offense not quite doing what it had been most of the season!

I still have a few CATS I can flip and eek out a win....but only if my team kills it, and @Bakanekimiwa 's team has a bit of letdown today.

I had to make a tough choice with goalies today.

Do I put Lehner against the Knights?

The struggling Schneider against the Preds?

Or will Dubnyk play back to back and play against the Oilers after winning against Vancouver last night?

Taking my chances with Schneider and that Duby will be given the 2nd game of the back to back (Boudreau hinted at that).

But my offense NEEDS to show up today..... I don't have many man games at all (and NO goalies) for Sunday.... so I attempt to make my stand today!

Archived