The "Crow or Gripe About Your All Star Team Thread: 2017-18

hf101

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

REVENGE!!!!!!!!!

Good game j0e. Wow your boys took it to me. Good luck going forward.

My goaltending was destroyed this week, Bob got sick and missed two starts, the Wings inexplicably started Coreau twice and Howard once and Raanta missed the entire week. Then I made the bad decision to pick up Lindgren who got shelled over Korpisalo (I my defense Korpi had been rocked his last three starts) only to see Korpisalo with 2 nice wins.

In the end it wouldn't have mattered, your team came out firing and you deserve serious props. Good luck the rest of the way.

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Good game j0e. Wow your boys took it to me. Good luck going forward.

My goaltending was destroyed this week, Bob got sick and missed two starts, the Wings inexplicably started Coreau twice and Howard once and Raanta missed the entire week. Then I made the bad decision to pick up Lindgren who got shelled over Korpisalo (I my defense Korpi had been rocked his last three starts) only to see Korpisalo with 2 nice wins.

In the end it wouldn't have mattered, your team came out firing and you deserve serious props. Good luck the rest of the way.

Good match bud.

This marks the first time in History I have beaten you in an all stars playoffs(And first time I was underdog I think). After the beating you gave me the week before the playoffs, I was hoping the law of averages would come into play lol.

Good luck next round everyone!

And goalie play continues to kill me! :rage:  First I try to be smart and pick up/start Darling vs the sinking Rangers..especially against a rookie goalie. But NO ......  Darling has to give up 6 goals and the Rangers win 6-3.   Then we get to Anaheim....calling Mr. Gibson, calling Mr Mr. Gibson.  Will the real Mr. Gibson show up.  I try to be smart and pick up Miller and he loses 2-1 to the Stars and Gibson in his last 2 starts has gotten the loss while giving up 8 goals.

All I can do is scream!  I have a huge whole I now have to climb out of vs. @yave1964 ... gonna be a long week.

51 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

And goalie play continues to kill me! :rage:  First I try to be smart and pick up/start Darling vs the sinking Rangers..especially against a rookie goalie. But NO ......  Darling has to give up 6 goals and the Rangers win 6-3.   Then we get to Anaheim....calling Mr. Gibson, calling Mr Mr. Gibson.  Will the real Mr. Gibson show up.  I try to be smart and pick up Miller and he loses 2-1 to the Stars and Gibson in his last 2 starts has gotten the loss while giving up 8 goals.

All I can do is scream!  I have a huge whole I now have to climb out of vs. @yave1964 ... gonna be a long week.

See, things like this are why people like you and me could NEVER invest in pay leagues...... we'd probably start to actually HATE hockey!  :ermm:

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

See, things like this are why people like you and me could NEVER invest in pay leagues...... we'd probably start to actually HATE hockey!  :ermm:

You know... sometimes I overthink this too much. It just gets me in trouble......

I'd lose too much $$$ in a pay league!:lol:

Is it to much to ask for at least one of my goalies not to be lit up like a Christmas tree!!

What the hell ... now Vasi (Conn Smythe League) gives up 7 goals!

Seriously can I not catch a break!!!

41 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

OMG !!!! That is too funny!!!!  LOL!!

He can add another victim... Dubs (Conn Smythe)  just got lit like a Roman candle by the Avs.  I seriously can't make this crap up ...LOL

Awesome picture Rux!! LOL

33 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Is it too much to ask that at least one of my goalies show up???? :rage:

Seriously every single goalie of mine in both leagues has yet to win..... :rage:

You say these things as if you're surprised. 

This confuses me. 

6 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

And the Pilldoc curse of goalies continues...F. Andersen leaves game with upper body injury and will not return....

I seriously cannot make this up...LOL.....:rage:

If that's true, you may have singlehandedly ended HF's season in NAHANA. 

Well, going crazy with add drops now to try to bridge the gap on some of these categories. It might derp me for next round, but if I do not make it to next round, it does not matter.

No matter what I need some solid goalie performances. Surprisingly behind on Hits and Blocks, a category section I usually dominate.

Behind by 4 goals, 7 Assists, a staggering +20 for Rux vs my +1, 4 PIM's, 1 PPG, 1 PPA, tied in GWG and only 12 SOG behind, 14 hits and 5 blocks.

I have a large mangame advantage so i should be able to swing some of these categories my way. None of them are out of reach except +/- ! but adding a few Ogie Ogelthorpe style hit machines should help me with PIM's and hits at least.

I am in a dog fight with @yave1964.  Somehow, I have a slight advantage.  We both have the exact same man-games remaining.  I went nuts on my drops and adds at the beginning of the week.  This will come down to Sunday.

FHL.jpg

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I have a large mangame advantage so i should be able to swing some of these categories my way. None of them are out of reach except +/- ! but adding a few Ogie Ogelthorpe style hit machines should help me with PIM's and hits at least.

Yeah, this is far from over.  Even the +/- because I can go down while you go up (the Flyers/Jackets Story!).   

I've worked hard on the hits/blocks (largely because of learning from you and @yave1964) but my team is playing over their head there and I'm not sure yours is performing as usual there.   Everything else is close and can be overcome.   I wouldn't be shocked, even on Friday, if the final score was completely flipped, it's that close.

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, this is far from over.  Even the +/- because I can go down while you go up (the Flyers/Jackets Story!).   

I've worked hard on the hits/blocks (largely because of learning from you and @yave1964) but my team is playing over their head there and I'm not sure yours is performing as usual there.   Everything else is close and can be overcome.   I wouldn't be shocked, even on Friday, if the final score was completely flipped, it's that close.

This is actually hilarious.

I picked up Pateryn for PIM's and hits and possibly some blocks. He immediately fights Borowecki who I also have. +10 PIM's

Tom Wilson on your team also got in a fight, so you got 5 and I only lead by 1 now, but still lol.

33 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I picked up Pateryn for PIM's and hits and possibly some blocks. He immediately fights Borowecki who I also have. +10 PIM's

LOL  I saw that.  I actually did laugh at it.  Well done,

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

LOL  I saw that.  I actually did laugh at it.  Well done,

Hurrah! My other Pickup Nick Ritchie also got 5 for fighting.

unfortunately, Halak **** the bed again and that could be the ****** ballgame :(

On 3/12/2018 at 4:04 AM, yave1964 said:

I'm a little late to catching up on this fantasy chat, as I'm still smoldering from the burn of not making the playoffs.     :crazysmile:

It's interesting how both leagues dropped the top teams last week.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

All tied up, but a tie and you take it. I need to snatch and maintain some categories tonight!

What a coinflip. Tough match Rux as always :)

I wasn't blowing smoke. I had mangames early and you had them late. I didn't think I built up enough of a lead.  I don't feel good in either league. 

So, we'll see how it plays out, but an unforced error at really the wrong time may end up costing me the season. 

So, I didn't realize until 4:02 (2 minutes too late to fix it!) what an add/drop yesterday did to my goalies today.  It put Fleury on the bench and Bishop and Hellboy in, who play each other. 

That would have guaranteed a win, which would have helped, but it also made a loss likely, which is deadly. 

So, I picked up Montoya at the last second.  I'm playing Bishop over Hellboy since I also have Benn in this league and Radulov in NAHANA, but otherwise would do it the reverse.  The thing is that I'm sure I reset yesterday, but apparently not. 

This will likely cost me especially since Fleury is pitching a shut out with a ton of saves. 

Archived