The "Crow or Gripe About Your All Star Team Thread: 2017-18

hf101

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Of course Fleury gets a 42 save shut out. That would have likely been the matchup.  Two fricken minutes. Seriously two minutes. Game hadn't even started yet. 

#FML

Or not. You just scored 2 PPG, which took my tie away from that category.

Its now 9-8 for me, but a good game from bishop wins it for you.

it is literally down to Bishop vs hellebuyck for the win or loss..

A good game from Bishop ties the wins and gives you sv% and probably GAA

My only scoring hope seems to be hits, or scoring 5 goals, 4 of them on the PP lol

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

Or not. You just scored 2 PPG, which took my tie away from that category.

Its now 9-8 for me, but a good game from bishop wins it for you.

it is literally down to Bishop vs hellebuyck for the win or loss..

A good game from Bishop ties the wins and gives you sv% and probably GAA

My only scoring hope seems to be hits, or scoring 5 goals, 4 of them on the PP lol

Lol here's the thing. If bishop doesn't, I still cost myself the day because I started him over the guy he'll lose to. 

Honestly, had I started Fleury, neither one would be playing at this point. 

It is Championship Week!

First of all I want to say congratulations to everyone for another great year for the HF.net All Star League FHL season.  This year I can honestly say I had more fun this year than in years past.  We had a lot of GM interaction on the forum and we had a record number of trades this year.  (My last count was either 25 or 26 trades)  Also, due to the new format we had a record number of drops/adds throughout the season.

Speaking of the new format, I hope it was considered a major success.  It has been a challenge to field a competitive team week in and week out. 

I want to personally say “Thank You” to each and every one of you for your participation this year.  For without you, this league would never succeed.  As in years past, please look for a survey that I will be sending out to everyone regarding this year’s FHL.  Please take a few minutes to fill this survey out.  It is because of your feedback, that we have one of the best FHL around.  Also we are always looking for ways to better our league.  Therefore, your thoughts, suggestions and opinions are important to us.

Finally I want to congratulate @J0e Th0rnton and @Bakanekimiwa for making it to the Championship Match! 

Listed below are the final match-ups to determine final seeding and who remains in the All Star League.  Remember, the top 6 are automatically invited for next years participation in the All Star League.

Championship Match:

FHL #1.jpg

Rest of the Matches:

FHL #2.jpg  FHL #3.jpg  FHL #4.jpg

Based on the above matches, the following teams (GM's) automatically qualified for All Star next year:

• Halifax Sharknado (Joe)
  • Baakanekimiwa's Team (Bak)
  • Hell Bears (Rux)
  • Inside Edge Hockey (Inside Edge)
  • Green Star Blades (TFG)
  • Divine Swine IcePigs (pilldoc)

First consideration for next year:

• winner of 7th place game then 8th place
    • Putting on foil (yave)
    • Leafs Raisin Cup
  • 9th place finisher
    • hf101

Again "thank you" for a great year!

Crow:

Ok, ok, so I am in the Loser's Consolation bracket, and I shouldn't really have anything to crow about.....but dammit, I was trailing Raisin The Cup ALL WEEK...but with a good Saturday and Sunday (despite ABYSMAL and barely making it goaltending), I squeak out the 10-8 win and can now play @pilldoc and his Pigs for the 5th place participation award.....AND keep myself in All Stars once again next season.

A big, big, WOW to @yave1964 's team who went from running the division all season.....to relegation.

That's just nuts!

Meanwhile, the 6th vs 8th seed play for the Championship!

If that happened in the NHL, ol Gary Bettman would have a complete cow....along with a chicken, a horse, and some pork as well....and COMPLETELY demand the NHL rulebook be changed...IMMEDIATELY! :bigteeth:

At any rate, Yave's management skills should NOT go underappreciated.... he did a masterful job in anticipating player trends, was smart about allocating player categories throughout his lineup, and made some pretty good trades all along the way to stay on top.

The hockey gods, and their cruel sense of humor though, saw fit to make sure the top half of the regular season teams got a case of the humbles...including my own.

Congrats go out to @J0e Th0rnton and @Bakanekimiwa who will be playing for the All Star Cup!

And thanks to Doc and HF for another great season with our site league.

I enjoyed the ride, if not the final results for my team, and as always, will be looking forward to next year and doing it all over again. :)

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

It is Championship Week!

First of all I want to say congratulations to everyone for another great year for the HF.net All Star League FHL season.  This year I can honestly say I had more fun this year than in years past.  We had a lot of GM interaction on the forum and we had a record number of trades this year.  (My last count was either 25 or 26 trades)  Also, due to the new format we had a record number of drops/adds throughout the season.

Speaking of the new format, I hope it was considered a major success.  It has been a challenge to field a competitive team week in and week out. 

I want to personally say “Thank You” to each and every one of you for your participation this year.  For without you, this league would never succeed.  As in years past, please look for a survey that I will be sending out to everyone regarding this year’s FHL.  Please take a few minutes to fill this survey out.  It is because of your feedback, that we have one of the best FHL around.  Also we are always looking for ways to better our league.  Therefore, your thoughts, suggestions and opinions are important to us.

Finally I want to congratulate @J0e Th0rnton and @Bakanekimiwa for making it to the Championship Match! 

Listed below are the final match-ups to determine final seeding and who remains in the All Star League.  Remember, the top 6 are automatically invited for next years participation in the All Star League.

Championship Match:

FHL #1.jpg

Rest of the Matches:

FHL #2.jpg  FHL #3.jpg  FHL #4.jpg

Based on the above matches, the following teams (GM's) automatically qualified for All Star next year:

• Halifax Sharknado (Joe)
  • Baakanekimiwa's Team (Bak)
  • Hell Bears (Rux)
  • Inside Edge Hockey (Inside Edge)
  • Green Star Blades (TFG)
  • Divine Swine IcePigs (pilldoc)

First consideration for next year:

• winner of 7th place game then 8th place
    • Putting on foil (yave)
    • Leafs Raisin Cup
  • 9th place finisher
    • hf101

Again "thank you" for a great year!

I don't know how to implement it, but I feel the president trophy winner should automatically qualify for all stars next year regardless of how luck turned in the playoffs. This just is not fair.

15 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

If that happened in the NHL, ol Gary Bettman would have a complete cow....along with a chicken, a horse, and some pork as well....and COMPLETELY demand the NHL rulebook be changed...IMMEDIATELY

Oddly, I think Sir DumbAss would be thrilled and be talking about parity and how anyone can win if you get in, so buy regular season tickets right up until the end because anything can happen and put stock in New Coke and....

The playoffs here have been nuts.  It's been fun.

17 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

The hockey gods, and their cruel sense of humor though, saw fit to make sure the top half of the regular season teams got a case of the humbles...including my own

There really is no other reasonable explanation.

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I don't know how to implement it, but I feel the president trophy winner should automatically qualify for all stars next year regardless of how luck turned in the playoffs. This just is not fair.

I agree.  I mentioned this very same thought in another post.  We can discuss over the summer how to implement this.  I know for a fact that at least 1 spot will be available as I also qualified my Conn Smythe Team.  Obviously I can't have 2 teams in All Star.  Therefore I know that at least 1 spot will be available.

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I agree.  I mentioned this very same thought in another post.  We can discuss over the summer how to implement this.  I know for a fact that at least 1 spot will be available as I also qualified my Conn Smythe Team.  Obviously I can't have 2 teams in All Star.  Therefore I know that at least 1 spot will be available.

I think the reasonable solution is that if the President's Trophy Winner stumbles out of the automatic top 6 invites, they can buy an "at-large" entrance for a mere $50,000.

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I think the reasonable solution is that if the President's Trophy Winner stumbles out of the automatic top 6 invites, they can buy an "at-large" entrance for a mere $50,000.

To be split among the top 6 ....I can agree to this!  :toast:

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

To be split among the top 6 ....I can agree to this!  :toast:

Except for the playoff winner.   The winner already has his or her reward, and $50k is more easily split among 5 anyway.   Make it so, Commish.

Just now, ruxpin said:

Except for the playoff winner.   The winner already has his or her reward, and $50k is more easily split among 5 anyway.   Make it so, Commish.

Nonsense.

The split is

#1st : $30000

#2nd $7500

#3rd $2500

#4th $2500

#5th $2500

#6th $2494

#7th-12th $ get a Participation $1

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Nonsense.

The split is

#1st : $30000

#2nd $7500

#3rd $2500

#4th $2500

#5th $2500

#6th $2494

#7th-12th $ get a Participation $1

Ha!   I think not.   Participation awards are for suburban peewee soccer leagues.

And whatever I get, it should come with the requirement that I spend it on classes on how to properly set a roster.

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

And whatever I get, it should come with the requirement that I spend it on classes on how to properly set a roster.

or how to draft as you have made that quite evident how you lack some basic drafting skills .... :VeryCool: :P

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

or how to draft as you have made that quite evident how you lack some basic drafting skills .... :VeryCool: :P

You know, yeah, seriously.   I make it a little harder for myself in NAHANA because I don't often have draft picks.    But I think I may actually have started out with a better base team in AllStars having autodrafted.   It came out weak on things like hits and blocks, but I had some workable pieces to trade with, too.   

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

You know, yeah, seriously.   I make it a little harder for myself in NAHANA because I don't often have draft picks.    But I think I may actually have started out with a better base team in AllStars having autodrafted.   It came out weak on things like hits and blocks, but I had some workable pieces to trade with, too.   

you know .. I am very interested to know the % of players that are drafted by a particular GM, who remained on the same team all year round.  Without looking, I bet you I might only have 2 or 3 or 4 players remaining whom I drafted.  After all, drafting really is a crapshoot once you get past the star players .....

@pilldoc

Congrats on whooping me this week, strong week by your entire team, I never got traction. Congrats again!

Congrats to @j0e and @bak for making it to the finals, if J0e wins after knocking both me and Rux out we wont ever hear the end of it, lol.Good luck to both!

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

you know .. I am very interested to know the % of players that are drafted by a particular GM, who remained on the same team all year round.  Without looking, I bet you I might only have 2 or 3 or 4 players remaining whom I drafted.  After all, drafting really is a crapshoot once you get past the star players .....

Of the players I drafted, I'm pretty sure Ghost remains in NAHANA.   Among keepers, I have Malkin but he went and came back.  That's it.

In AllStars, I think it's 

Schwartz, Landeskog, Oshie (not sure), Morgan Rielly, OEL, Letang, Lee, Kessel, Fleury.   I don't think I started with Hellebuyck.  I think I ripped someone off for him.

Archived