The "Crow or Gripe About Your All Star Team Thread: 2017-18

hf101

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

WOW a big one!

You had the depth at forward to make a move, I am a little weary of Crawford and the Hawks but he has put up serious numbers and wins. Matthews, I hate to use the word redundant but you were loaded at forward anyway. The one thing I would say is Tony (Leafs raising the cup) is rabid for the blue and white, I don't know what he could have offered or if you shopped Matthews around or not, but either way it was IMHO a satisfying deal for both.

Funny you mention Tony.   I went straight for him because I was actually initially shopping JVR or Marleau.   My aim wasn't initially quite as high as Crawford.    But I had zero interest in his goalies, so it wasn't a great trade match.   I know beggars can't be choosers and one of his goalies would have bought me time until MAF was ready, but I didn't want to give up that kind of player for a stop gap.

Plus, after the NAHANA draft, I couldn't possibly trade anything of value for Varlamov (doesn't matter that he's doing well so far). 

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The one very likely to finish last... LOL...aka PA40Flyersfan's Team.

Rux was bemused by your team name, he explained it to me as a Buckeye I am not up on the tax forms from Pennsylvania  :)

Okay, as much for my own edification as for anyone else.

Traded from Talking Bears To For 
Matthews Green Star Blades (TFG) Crawford

Saad

Kane

Weal

PA40FlyersFan (FD19372)

Crosby

Landeskog

Oshie

JVR

Rask

Halifax Sharknado

Palat

Allen

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Saad

Kane

Weal

PA40FlyersFan (FD19372)

Crosby

Landeskog

Oshie

JVR

Rask

Halifax Sharknado

Palat

Allen

heh...Rux, you remind me of an NBA GM.....it's the only league, besides our own FHL leagues, where ENTIRE rosters change uniforms and the team that finishes the season never, ever, resembles the one that started it! :rolleyes:

That all said, looks like you traded away some big fish, but got just as much back.....not bad for a guy "who doesn't know what he is doing", eh? ;)

51 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Saad

Kane

Weal

PA40FlyersFan (FD19372)

Crosby

Landeskog

Oshie

JVR

Rask

Halifax Sharknado

Palat

Allen

Hey, we don't stitch the names on the back of the jerseys. We throw some scotch tape on the back and use a colored marker to write in the names on it. :VeryCool:

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Did I dream it or did Rux just trade for Allen????? I believe that is a sign of the Apocalypse, lol.

Seriously, I know why you're saying that.   I really haven't changed my opinion on him but really wanted to get away from Rask.

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Seriously, I know why you're saying that.   I really haven't changed my opinion on him but really wanted to get away from Rask.

I think you have been scaring all of us off for years so that you can sneak in and pick him up on the cheap and watch him with the Vezina this year lol :VeryCool:

12 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I think you have been scaring all of us off for years so that you can sneak in and pick him up on the cheap and watch him with the Vezina this year lol :VeryCool:

LMAO

I think Allen has been scaring most of us off himself.  

Crow:

I am liking the way my Green Star Blades look with offense and peripherals.......but a bit of a dilemma:

Do I start young Subban against the struggling Sabres?

Or the more established #1 Cory Schneider against the red hot Lightning?

Ben Bishop is my third goalie, and I definitely want him in against the Coyotes.

My opponent is Leafs Raisn and he has a pretty good offensive squad himself.

Gotta decide in less than half an hour....

11 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Crow:

I am liking the way my Green Star Blades look with offense and peripherals.......but a bit of a dilemma:

Do I start young Subban against the struggling Sabres?

Or the more established #1 Cory Schneider against the red hot Lightning?

Ben Bishop is my third goalie, and I definitely want him in against the Coyotes.

My opponent is Leafs Raisn and he has a pretty good offensive squad himself.

Gotta decide in less than half an hour....

Bishop is a given how the Yotes have been playing. With like a 4th string backup in net tonight too.

With that in mind. 2 of the Vegas 4 wins were against Arizona. They had a 2-1 win over a Dallas team trying to get used to Hitchcock's system and playing more defensively, and a 3-1 win against a Bruins squad missing their Selke every year top Center Bergeron.

I am not ready to jump on the Vegas bandwagon yet. But Buffalo IS on a losing streak. Its bound to snap sometime. is tonight the night? Subban we have only seen a glimpse of so far.

I go with Schneider because when he is on, he can keep them in the game even when they are playing bad. And they are playing good.

13 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Trade between doc and I. 

Pavelski + panik 

For 

O'Reilly + Jvr 

I have tons of FOW from koivu, Backlund, zibanejad and to a lesser degree Kadri and Lindholm.

Wanted pavs for well rounded stats and Sog 

Agree .... hated to give up Panik (he is playing top line minutes) but as the old saying goes...you have to give to get.  Face it....I was very weak in FOW.  O'Reilly gets me those FOW.  We went around and around.  Had to wait until the other trade for JVR was processed.  Really wanted Simmonds but I understand your reluctance to give him up.  Though I hated to give Pavelski, for whatever reason he is just not getting the FO like he did in the past.  The only other drawback that I wrestled with is that both players I gave up had dual eligibility and the players I am taking back are single position players only.  It is what it is.

Overall I think we each fulfilled a need.

All Star Gripe -----  Steve Mason is pure unadulterated pile of crap.  :rage: Willing to trade his sorry rear for a bag of hockey pucks.  Thought a change of scenery would be beneficial for him.  If I'm the Jets GM I would be demanding my $4.1 million back from Mason. 

Steve Mason, who for a handful of years was near the top of the league in even-strength save percentage,

arrives in Winnipeg with the hope of taking over the starting job immediately. He is capable of posting

solid numbers and should see about 55 starts. After last year's struggles in Philadelphia, we are all hoping

that Mason is ranked low by the major fantasy hockey websites. He could be a draft day steal leading this

Winnipeg team to the playoffs.

Well this certainly backfired in my face.  His 5.98 GAA for the season is just comical at this point.  (He has now given up 5,6,5 goals in his 3 starts).   If I'm the Jets Hellabuyck is your starter.  Which means you are now paying your back-up goalie $4.1 million a year.  Buyers remorse?

On the bright side ..... at least he is no longer with the Flyers! :)

All star Gripe. Rask's teammate ran him over in practice and he had to be helped off the ice. Before he even plays a game for Sharknado.

Thank god I drafted 3 goalies.

RUX, trading goalies with you is cursed!

@ruxpin

Annoying me further, Simmonds and Borowecki both injured. Those two represent 260+ PIM's and 500+ hits a year.

Thankfully Boro decided to fight Lucic in the game last night so he got me 5 PIm's in his potential 1 game this week

2 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

All star Gripe. Rask's teammate ran him over in practice and he had to be helped off the ice. Before he even plays a game for Sharknado.

Annoying me further, Simmonds and Borowecki both injured. Those two represent 260+ PIM's and 500+ hits a year.

Thankfully Boro decided to fight Lucic in the game last night so he got me 5 PIm's in his potential 1 game this week

So what you are saying is I might have a chance against you this week? ;)

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

RUX, trading goalies with you is cursed!

@ruxpin

Best laid plans of sharks n men, Joe......best laid plans....... ;)

Archived