The "Crow or Gripe About Your All Star Team Thread: 2017-18

hf101

58 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Bleh. FIghting for a playoff spot and I set my lineup's last night. Somehow Zibanejad and Grabner still benched today....WTF

Left a goal, 6 SOG, 9 FOW, 1 hit and 1 block on the bench today :(

Ouch....  I've struggled recently in All Star. Need to have a good week here.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heads up everyone....

Winter storm in the NE has claimed an NHL game... Florida at Boston is postponed.

So if you benched any players in favor of Panthers and Bruins players, go have a reset of your lineup.

NYI at Phi

TB at Mon

SJ at Tor

Car at Pitts

All those games COULD be affected, but as of now, are still on.

Might wanna pay attention and see what happens with those....I know I will.

9 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

You had a pretty good week in both leagues. 

It's been a decent week for both teams.  Winning a week against @yave1964 doesn't come too often.  My teams are inconsistent just trying to hang in there to make the playoffs.

6 hours ago, hf101 said:

It's been a decent week for both teams.  Winning a week against @yave1964 doesn't come too often.  My teams are inconsistent just trying to hang in there to make the playoffs.

Congrats on the win, solid performance from your boys all week. At one point Saturday evening I was down 16-1 so I am thrilled only getting beat instead of my butt kicked lol. Hoping not to draw your team in the playoffs, your strengths are mine as well and your team is a matchup nightmare for me especially on the weeks that my goaltending forgets to show up.

5 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Congrats on the win, solid performance from your boys all week. At one point Saturday evening I was down 16-1 so I am thrilled only getting beat instead of my butt kicked lol. Hoping not to draw your team in the playoffs, your strengths are mine as well and your team is a matchup nightmare for me especially on the weeks that my goaltending forgets to show up.

I saw that I was ahead 16-1 for a very brief time, I knew that would never hold up.  Go figure I beat the best team and I drop to 9th place.  

:dizzysmiley-1:

43 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I saw that I was ahead 16-1 for a very brief time, I knew that would never hold up.  Go figure I beat the best team and I drop to 9th place.  

:dizzysmiley-1:

Yikes .... I finally leveled off after dropping in the standings.  Hard to believe a few weeks ago I was 2nd.  I tell you what ...except for Yave who is way out in front....it is a tough race..... especially slots 6th through 10th.

fhl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Sorry about that, grandkids are babysitting me today and wearing this old man out, lol.

Hah!

You sound like my husband's parents whenever I leave my two heathens with them for a few hours.

They will certainly do that!

We left both our boys for a couple weekends in the past (early Fri through Sun afternoon), and I SWEAR his parents looked like they were gonna pass out by the time we came back to pick them up :ahappy:

It's all good, my friend.

Just be glad you CAN return them :lol:

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You sound like my husband's parents whenever I leave my two heathens with them for a few hours.

They will certainly do that!

what no more dental experiments .... LOL

23 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

What can I say....my boys are well rounded destroyers... :bigteeth:

LOL ....

My wife just sent this tidbit to me ....

My Wife: C ... can you please go get the  mail?

My Son (C): ........ (no answer)

My Wife: You can wear your Imperial Deathtrooper Mask...

My Son: .. Can I take a Nerf Gun too!

My Wife:  Sure!

LOL :lol:  What my wife will agree to so she doesn't have to go out in the cold ... LOL

I guess my son is expecting an attack while retrieving the "top secret mail!"  LOL

Still shopping for the elusive third premier goalie with the understanding that they come with a premier price as well, dangling Erik Karlsson, Kuznetsov, Backstrom or even Wayne Simmonds in the right deal. I have sent a lot of offers out and have been politely declined, instead of doing that this time I am just gonna toss it out there, I need a goalie to pair with the King and Talbot. Anyone interested shoot me an offer.

Thanks,

dave

Trade between myself and @J0e Th0rnton

His Halifax club gets

Karlsson and Backes

My foil club picks up

Pavelski and Phaneuf

Phaneuf and Backes are similar players stat wise although playing different positions, Karlsson has came alive in spurts and then had horrid runs, Pavelski has struggled most of the year but has started to show a pulse especially with Thornton out. If you had mentioned this deal at the beginning of the year it would have been considered a blockbuster, now it is nothing more than a mid level upgrade at key positions for both of us with the hope that the key players finally play up to expectations.

15 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

If you had mentioned this deal at the beginning of the year it would have been considered a blockbuster, now it is nothing more than a mid level upgrade at key positions

Yeah, a trade involving Pavelski and Karlsson, and the world yawns.   Who'da thunk it?

Fair trade depending upon whose newly-acquired actually ends up reverting to their normal selves.

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, a trade involving Pavelski and Karlsson, and the world yawns.   Who'da thunk it?

Fair trade depending upon whose newly-acquired actually ends up reverting to their normal selves.

Pavelski has the added benefit of now being on both of my teams lol which I have an unhealthy obsession with doing. Literally 8 of the 16 players on my Nahana team are also on my all star team roster. No idea why I like doing that but I do.....

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Pavelski has the added benefit of now being on both of my teams lol which I have an unhealthy obsession with doing. Literally 8 of the 16 players on my Nahana team are also on my all star team roster. No idea why I like doing that but I do.....

Well, considering you are leading BOTH leagues, and we are all copycats to success, I would say don't worry bout WHY....just be glad it is working.... while the rest of us try to come up with our own version of disgustingly popular chicken mcnuggets..... :eyeroll:

10 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Same with me as Karlsson is on my other keep 5 team.. I had Pavelski early in the year on my keep 5 lol.

I need to do something as I am in 10th in ALL stars. unless I win it all this year, I am finally being bumped to the juniors.

So hopefully, Crawford comes back and I get some scoring and sneak into 8th and from there we shall see!

Trade long time in the works between myself and Bakanekimawa and myself:

HE RECEIVES

Talbot

Simmonds

Geuntzel

Stepan

MY TEAM RECEIVES

Carey Price

Foligno

Couture

Geuntzel and Stepan were going to be cut this week as Aho and Weber are coming off IR after the break so it is really Talbot for Price and then Simmonds for Foligno and Couture. Both my new forwards qualify at multiple positions which is my thing, I love the flexibility a lot. Talbot and Price have been borderline terrible, I think Price will be better of the two down the stretch because he plays in the games worst division and Weber is due back on the back end. 

Just rolling the dice.......

Another day another trade:

Inside edge acquires:

Backstrom

Khubodin

Foil acquire

Draisatl

For the edge Backstrom replaces most of the offense lost by Draisatl and his nicked up goaltending adds possibly the games best backup goalie in Khubodin who is 10-2 with amazing numbers all around.

For my Foil the addition of Draisatl is something I have been working on for some time, he gives me nine forwards who qualify at multiple positions and breaks up the Backstrom/Kuznetsov quandary, I hate having two players who play the same position who are on the same team.

Archived