The "Crow or Gripe About Your All Star Team Thread: 2017-18

hf101

Strange night for my netminders, Halak and the King started the night as observers, both came in relief for their teams and got wins. I try but just cannot get this goaltending thing figured out.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Strange night for my netminders, Halak and the King started the night as observers, both came in relief for their teams and got wins. I try but just cannot get this goaltending thing figured out.

Well, FWIW, neither can the Canadiens or Blues.... :ph34r:

Okay latest trade took several weeks back and forth but it is done.

PA40flyersfan receives

Lundqvist

Josi

Aho

The foil receives

Bobrovsky

Duncan Keith

Panarin

The Jackets are in a tailspin and Bob has been playing poorly losing 7 of his past 8 so he oughta fit in nicely with my arson squad in net, I am hoping that he and Carey Price get it together before the playoffs. I hated losing Josi and Aho but you gotta give something up to get something.

Interesting deal.

If Price and Bob play like they are capable, the Foil definitely have goaltending locked down.

Thing is, if Bob can stay healthy, even if his team is losing, he can STILL put up great personal numbers.

Lundqvist? Honestly don't know what to make of him. He can be a world beater or a struggling aging goalie.....which one PA40 ended up with, not sure...

Josi > Keith at this stage, PA40 does well there.

Panarin and Aho are a wash, IMO.

Both are capable of extremely hot streaky runs.....but both can just as easily 'disappear' for stretches at a time.

Aho so far has been a 2nd half producer.

The goalie thing is interesting. bob + Price + Raanta or Halak

I am desperately trying to sneak into that last playoff spot and Crawford is traveling with the team again, so soon I shall have Crawford + Rask + Elliott and maybe I can play Yave 1st round!

Trade on the All Stars front between the two top point getting teams:

Green Star Blades get:

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Puttin on the Foil get:

Brayden Point

I would have been fine keeping Point for LOTS of reasons, but my Star Blades are currently loaded with plenty of productive Lightning players so I could afford to trade one off...especially for a quality player like Kuznetsov.

Looking forward to his PP production in particular.

The Foil get a bit of roster flexibility as Point is a twin position player and Yave gets in a bit on TB scoring, which I have enjoyed most of the season to this stage.

Brayden does a bit of everything for TB while often sharing line time with Nikita Kucherov and Tyler Johnson depending on the Bolts' needs at the time.

Simple swap of high level players that create better flexibility for each of the receiving teams.

3 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Quite the battle, barely squeaked past you at the end. Good match.

Yea, most weeks, I think my offensive production would have been enough....just not on that particular one against you.

But it was something to watch all week....could have gone either way...and hey, my goaltending even held up despite Lehner... haha.

After some tense negotiations The Ice Pigs would like to announce the following trade with Hooligans ....

To Hooligans:  Pacrioretty / Konecny / Kinkaid

To the Ice Pigs: Monahan / Wheeler / Bernier

Sets me up for the final weeks.........

Absolutely brutal trade, one sided as any in memory. Not certain what the logic is from Hooligans perspective, Wheeler ALONE is within a point or two of the two slugs that he received in the deal, so Monahan is essentially free. Bernier in a time share with Colorado is an upgrade in net over Kincaid who will be hitting the pines again shortly when Schneider returns. Totally indefensible, Hooligans literally gets killed in every single category in this deal. Changes the balance of the league doesn't feel right. Sorry, just how I feel. I can think of no way to possibly defend this trade and put a spin on it that doesn't sound like it is a tank job by a team helping another out. If you can, please feel free to illuminate me. I wont cast a vote against it but it certainly looks like what it is.

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Absolutely brutal trade, one sided as any in memory. Not certain what the logic is from Hooligans perspective, Wheeler ALONE is within a point or two of the two slugs that he received in the deal, so Monahan is essentially free. Bernier in a time share with Colorado is an upgrade in net over Kincaid who will be hitting the pines again shortly when Schneider returns. Totally indefensible, Hooligans literally gets killed in every single category in this deal. Changes the balance of the league doesn't feel right. Sorry, just how I feel. I can think of no way to possibly defend this trade and put a spin on it that doesn't sound like it is a tank job by a team helping another out. If you can, please feel free to illuminate me. I wont cast a vote against it but it certainly looks like what it is.

Its a win for Doc, but I do not think it is trade rape category.

Schneider has not even resumed skating yet and is still on IR and could be out for weeks, so by default, Kincaid is a #1 goalie. Bernier is out with a concussion

Konecny has been on fire lately with 7 goals and 5 assists and +9 in his last 12 games, 34 shots and 27 hits in 12 games. Sure his season numbers do not look pretty like many rookies who take awhile to get it, but that triple position eligibility and recent point surge elevates his value. He has actually outscored Monahan and Wheeler in that timeframe. Looking further, in his past 22 games,  he has 21 points.

If someone wants to send my a triple eligibility PPG in the last 22 games player, send me an offer.

46 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Its a win for Doc, but I do not think it is trade rape category.

For whatever it's worth, I think this trade is the exact example they use on urban dictionary dot com under "trade rape." 

But I'm willing to believe hooligan used the insane logic about Konecny and uses Neat logic to evaluate players rather than anything else. 

@pilldoc, no accusations from me.  Maybe just a medium-sized case of jealousy.

If fantasy hockey were a motor vehicle, hooligans should be on assigned risk car insurance. :VeryCool:

Doc is as honest as the day is long, for a short time we were in an awful SIM league together with a bunch of the sleaziest owners I have ever seen. Tanking, cheap side deals, we along with HF all left for that reason. I absolutely believe in Doc's integrity, another owner and myself even discussed this deal last night and had a difficult time justifying the frustration because on the short list of owners with integrity, Doc is right there at the top. Always above board. This deal is frustrating because it changes the balance of power in what clearly looks like a tank move by the other owner.

@J0e Th0rnton That is all well and good that Konecny has had a good month plus, but his stat line during that time is essentially what Wheeler and Monahan do EVERY month. I like Konecny, but on the best day of his life he is not Wheeler or Monahan and everyone knows it, I imagine Konecny does as well, lol. To say that one of the players has had a typical Wheeler month that Wheeler always has is not really a good reason for this deal. Maybe if we were in a keeper league with pciks going the other way, but Wheeler way over Konecny, Monahan miles and miles ahead of Pacioretty and Bernier over Kincaid. No way to sell it any other way. Would you take Konecny for Wheeler? Or any of the three for any of the other three?

Hooligans hasn't set his lineup for long stretches at a time this year, he has had more top end forwards than any team in the league and that includes everyone. If he had simply set his lineup with maybe a transaction or two a week with guys like Ovie, Wheeler, Monahan, Benn, Marchand and more he would be in the thick of things. Instead he put in minimal effort and his team is out of it and now he gave two elite forwards away. I have sent a half a dozen offers to him this year, some good, some bad, all sit ofr a week or so until I usually give up and take it down. 

So just frustrated. 

I just want to make sure I'm clear because I'm scared I wasn't. I didn't mean to imply or suggest anything negative about Doc's character or integrity.  The very last thing I would do is question either.  He's as good a guy as it gets. 

He just stole some really good players. And I wish I had done it! 

@yave1964

@ruxpin

@J0e Th0rnton

Hey guys..sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  First of all I am sorry for the angst this trade seems to have caused.  I mean that very sincerely.  FWIW and for the record I approached the other GM in regard to obtaining either Benn or Monahan.  He always seemed to ignore me at work.  He said, and I am paraphrasing here, that he realized his team was toast and to send him an offer.  He also gave me a bunch of BS excuses to why he was not very active in the league.  So I sent him an offer.  That night he reject the offer and blasted me for the offer.  For the number of players involved I tried to be fair and yet not hurt my team terribly either.  He went on a tirade on he was just not going to let other GM's poach his team.  That was the night he traded Benn.  I honestly thought I did not have a chance to secure a trade with him.

Fast forward to last night.  During the day I decided to give it one more go around. I send him a modest offer of only Wheeler and Bernier for Pax / Konecny / and  Kinkaid  for starters.  I also told him I was willing to throw in another player if he wanted.  I really was trying to keep it fair.   Well later last evening he rejected that offer and offered what you see is the present deal.  He added Monahan on his own.  Again, how could I say no.  For the record, it was hard for me to part with Konecny.  Granted not on the same level as Wheeler, however he has been on fire and is a 3 position player. 

Thank you for the kind words.  I truly appreciate the friendships I have here and would never to anything to jeopardize that.  Anyway, I thought you guys deserved an explanation. 

Just an FYI the trade deadline for All Star is the 22nd in two days. My defense is a bit nicked up with Erik Johnson going down and Shea Weber looking like he may just shut it down so anyone interested in a scoring forward for a blocks/hits d-man take a look and shoot me an offer.

Wow, just realized this now, not that it should be a surprise to anyone because, oh, I dunno, he ONLY has been leading the pack all friggin year long.... but congrats go out to @yave1964 as he has officially clinched a playoff berth.

2nd place MAYBE has a shot to catch him for 1st overall, but I doubt it.

I sit 3rd, and I don't believe I will catch him for 1st, so Mr. Detroit Blue Jacket should go in as All Star League's top seed....and whomever just barely gets in, well, there is your match up.

I know Yave cares little for President's Cups and more for actually winning the All Star Cup, but heavy will be his head as he wears the FHL regular season crown....and a bulls eye on his back to match!  :lol:

Again, congrats, Yave.....everyone will have their hockey sticks pointed at you in the playoffs now.

@yave1964

First off, you are quite welcome.

You have done a first class job of managing your team and don't think for a moment I haven't been quite the student and learning from how you manage and conduct your FHL business.  I am a better FHL GM from that alone!

Second, sorry, had to shoot down your offer, sent a note with it, but in a nutshell, I have been done dealing in All Stars for a bit now.

Just player adds/drops from here on out.

Thirdly, with any luck, maybe I see YOU in the Finals.

Would be extra sweet for me to be able to reach the Finals and beat the guy who has run this division all season.

I gotta clinch first, yea, I know...and I got some opponents to get by, but if I could write a "happyily ever after" story for my team this season, it would be to reach the Finals and beat the best!

BTW fellow All Stars GMs....

@ruxpin , @pilldoc , @Bakanekimiwa , @J0e Th0rnton , @hf101 , @AJgoal , @FD19372

Just a friendly reminder that today is the All Stars trading deadline, so you if you still have an itchy trade finger (settle down, Rux, let me finish...), today is the day to get it all out of your system!  :)

Sooooo ... I love to play with numbers and spreadsheets.

I must congratulate everyone.  There was a whopping 28 trades this year in the All Star League.  Compared to very few last year, I am safe to assume everyone has loved the major changes we implemented.  Without further ado.... here are the trades: (this does not include any trades that still may occur today)

Trade #
Team #1
Team #2
1 PA40FlyerFan's Team Putting on the Foil
2 Green Star Blades Hell Bears
3 PA40FlyerFan's Team Hell Bears
4 Hell Bears Halifax Sharknado
5 Divine Swine Halifax Sharknado
6 Green Star Blades Putting on the Foil
7 PA40FlyerFan's Team Hell Bears
8 Inside Edge Hockey Putting on the Foil
9 Divine Swine Putting on the Foil
10 Divine Swine PA40FlyerFan's Team
11 PA40FlyerFan's Team Halifax Sharknado
12 Slick Sticks Halifax Sharknado
13 Bakanekimiwa's Team PA40FlyerFan's Team
14 Hell Bears Hooligans
15 Hell Bears Halifax Sharknado
16 Green Star Blades Putting on the Foil
17 Hell Bears Putting on the Foil
18 Divine Swine Halifax Sharknado
19 Hell Bears Putting on the Foil
20 PA40FlyerFan's Team Leafs Raisn' Cup 2018
21 Halifax Sharknado Putting on the Foil
22 Bakanekimiwa's Team Putting on the Foil
23 Inside Edge Hockey Putting on the Foil
24 PA40FlyerFan's Team Putting on the Foil
25 Green Star Blades Putting on the Foil
26 Hell Bears Putting on the Foil
27 Hell Bears Hooligans
28 Divine Swine Hooligans

Here is the breakdown on who made the most trades ....

Team # of Trades
Putting on the Foil 13
Hell Bears 10
PA40FlyerFan's Team 8
Halifax Sharknado 7
Divine Swine 5
Green Star Blades 4
Hooligans 3
Inside Edge Hockey 2
Bakanekimiwa's Team 2
Slick Sticks 1
Leafs Raisn' Cup 2018 1

Last, but not least...the most popular trade combinations ......

Trade Combo # traded with
Hell Bears / Putting on Foil 3
Putting on the Foil / Green Star Blades 3
Hell Bears / Halifax Sharknado 2
Hell Bears / Hooligans 2
Hell Bears / PA40FlyerFan's Team 2
Putting on the Foil / Inside Edge Hockey 2
Putting on the Foil / PA40FlyersFan's Team 2
Halifax Sharknado / Divine Swine 2
Hell Bears / Green Star Blades 1
Putting on the Foil / Divine Swine 1
Putting on the Foil / Halifax Sharknado 1
Putting on the Foil / Bakanekimiwa's Team 1
Halifax Sharknado / Slick Sticks 1
Halifax Sharknado / PA40FlyerFan's Team 1
Divine Swine / PA40FlyerFan's Team 1
Divine Swine / Hooligans 1
PA40FlyerFan's Team / Leafs Raisn' Cup 2018 1
PA40FlyerFan's Team / Bakanekimiwa's Team 1

Enjoy! :)

Agree with @TropicalFruitGirl26 , it has been a hell of season.  Kudos to @yave1964 for being well ahead of the pack this year.  He is definitely the team to beat.  It is going to be a dog fight for the rest of us as we all have very strong teams and very little points separate us.

all.jpg

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Second, sorry, had to shoot down your offer, sent a note with it, but in a nutshell, I have been done dealing in All Stars for a bit now.

Whoops, sorry.  Sent before reading this.  I'll leave it up, but understand.

Archived