Who's coaching the PP this season?

Samifan

If anything, I would think Knoblauch has done a decent job, because the PP2 is the 'new' unit that probably got more direction from him. They've looked like the more dangerous and organized powerplay, imo.

PP1 is set in its ways, and maybe Knoblauch is evaluating it before making any real changes?

I guess we'll see how it works in the regular season, but I'm not enamored of the makeup of PP1. Filpulla isn't a shooter, but they're basically just plugging him into Schenn's spot and looking for results. That doesn't seem like a fit to me. I think @brelic may be right and they're evaluating PP1, but right now it looks like they need to make some serious changes to that unit, either through personnel or strategy.

4 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I guess we'll see how it works in the regular season, but I'm not enamored of the makeup of PP1. Filpulla isn't a shooter, but they're basically just plugging him into Schenn's spot and looking for results. That doesn't seem like a fit to me. I think @brelic may be right and they're evaluating PP1, but right now it looks like they need to make some serious changes to that unit, either through personnel or strategy.

I agree. Filppula seems like a mismatch there. We'll see what adjustments they make in the first week of the season.

Archived