Matt Read waived

sekkes85

4 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

Aaaaand Read is sent to the Phantoms 

:IDunnoSmiley:

I just showed you they didn't have to assign him. Didn't say they wouldn't they still have the option....like it not.

:haha:

I wish Read all the best really. He was a good soldier for the team over the past years. Sure, he didn't end on the highest note, but he was still a solid player in many ways. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him picked up honestly. I expect he might have been if we were in the mid-season or later. The contract is a deterrent of course, so it makes sense.

Anyway, for this year he provides a bit of insurance. Whatever happens, I'll remember him as a decent to good player who served the team well in his time.

:cheers:

18 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I wouldn't have been surprised to see him picked up honestly.

What is even sadder looking at the practice lineup and seeing Mcdud still paired with Ivan...what an injustice for the kid tohave to skate with a boat anchor like that as a partner....truly sad.

12 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Well, he's too old for an Amber Alert and too young for a Silver Alert.  How would you know if he didn't make it there?

Would the Phantoms put out a Purple Alert?

14 hours ago, ruxpin said:

He's pretty slow.   Are you sure he got there yet?

You guys are horrible!..... and damn funny too! :eyeroll:

27 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Phantoms put up 7 and I was expecting Read to have a multi-point night. He had nothing to show for it...

LOL @ Multi-point night.    I really don't expect his numbers to be any different in the AHL from those in the NHL.   I think he'll be very good defensively there and be a veteran influence and decent guy influence.   But he has zero offense in him.  It's not just speed.  It's quickness.  He has neither.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

LOL @ Multi-point night.    I really don't expect his numbers to be any different in the AHL from those in the NHL.   I think he'll be very good defensively there and be a veteran influence and decent guy influence.   But he has zero offense in him.  It's not just speed.  It's quickness.  He has neither.

There is a reason he wasn't even claimed by Vegas...his paycheck isn't that horrible....but for the skills he provides...it is.

I would waive Wiese to join him down there if i had my way...

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

There is a reason he wasn't even claimed by Vegas...his paycheck isn't that horrible....but for the skills he provides...it is.

I would waive Wiese to join him down there if i had my way...

Weise is doing nothing for me. I'd try Lehtera there. 

And that's not an endorsement of Lehtera. 

Archived