Tom Wilson has yet another hearing...

hf101

Give him the max... the guy hasn't learned from his previous attempts to injure.

After receiving a two-game preseason suspension less than two weeks ago for a late hit on the Blues 1st round pick Robert Thomas , Wilson was ejected from Sunday’s game versus the St. Louis Blues after he was called for boarding for a hit on Sam Blais.  video here.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25083074/tom-wilson-washington-capitals-20-game-suspension-upheld

Next stop arbitration. Really hope the 20 sticks. Still upsets me that the nhlpa always comes out to defend the offender in these cases,but will be right the to decry the nhl's concussion problems. If you keep defending the low hanging fruit that can be eliminated,what do you expect.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 9:55 AM, nossagog said:

Really hope the 20 sticks.

Nope.

Capitals forward Tom Wilson’s 20-game suspension reduced to 14

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/capitals-forward-tom-wilsons-20-game-suspension-reduced-14/

This same guy was fired by MLB for over turning a Braun suspension too....hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm....

MLB fires arbitrator from Braun case

https://triblive.com/sports/1796175-85/baseball-das-arbitrator-agreement-drug-grievance-management-braun-case-mlb

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this in the chatbox, but then saw this thread....

I actually logged back onto the site just to proclaim that Tom Wilson is now officially on my Knuckledragging All Stars Team.

Talk about a cement head.....
That's a like a person, out on parole, gets into someone's car to "look around" just because the door was open....oh, but he wasn't going to steal anything he says as he was caught by the cops looking in there...….

SMDH......

Wilson makes guys like Brad Marchand look like a Ph D by comparison....

Alright, officially done for today...have a good night everyone!   :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I'm rather surprised by this.  My guess is Seney wasn't injured on the play is the difference.   It still a blindside hit to the head imo.

Why do they have to wait until this guy kills someone or maims them for life?

love when the national broadcast calls him "Tommy Wilson"—just a good Canadian boy never, meanin' no harm. hockey play. incidental contact. unavoidable collision. he has A Ring; that's barely a penalty.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Raffi Torres part deux

Sad thing is, this twit Wilson probably has more talent than Torres..... only someone never told him that and he still feels the need to showcase himself in THIS way.

Let's face it....guys like Rinaldo, Torres, Matt Cooke (though I suspect even Cooke could play better hockey than what he usually showed)….those guys made it to and through the NHL based on questionable shenanigans.

Wilson REALLY doesn't need to be doing that!
Sure, he can play hard nosed, tough, no-nonsense, with even a bit of borderline play....but this guy crosses OVER the line as if the NHL rulebook is a mere suggestion, and acts like whatever he did is in the past and no one should be judging by it moving forward....absolute lunacy.

And in the process, his considerable talents go to waste...…..

12 hours ago, hf101 said:

Yea, I was listening to Tanguay and his co-host at the time this happened, and Tanguay was REALLY trying to be sympathetic to how Tom Wilson plays (hard style), but even he simply could not find a way to justify what the Cro-Magnon did.
I think Alex Tanguay had the be-all, end all description of what happened.

His co-host was simply flabbergasted.... he was like, "Look, that's Tom Wilson...…..AGAIN! "

That said it all right there with regards to how utterly stupid this move by Wilson was.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Why do they have to wait until this guy kills someone or maims them for life?

And I realize this is Tom Flintstone Wilson we are talking about here, but if there is no hearing, it basically means "he got away with one", and he should file this one under the lucky tab and lay low....

But he won't.
He will do what his nature is for him to do.
You said it...may take some other, probably MORE dangerous incident (one which he will say is an accident of course) for the league to say, "Ok, well, you know, we can't have you doing that".

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

I'm rather surprised by this.  My guess is Seney wasn't injured on the play is the difference.   It still a blindside hit to the head imo.

The only surprise for me was that Wilson didn't slew-foot him. Golden opportunity for a slew-foot there!

In  all seriousness, I'm surprised at the general reaction. On Twitter Frank Seravali said no big deal, and Darren Dreger agreed! Boy did they get ratioed on the Twitter for that. 

I'm often the guy that says: "hockey play" when others are crying foul, but that is predatory. The fact that he made it look all "oops, didn't see you there, barely brushed you," makes it worse, not better. 

Mike Bossy and former ref' Stéphane Auger all went to the same conclusion: illegal hit, another suspension to come, and they were trying hard to remain calm.

Wilson, 5 suspensions in 120 games. FIVE ! The last one, an original 20-game suspension. What then is needed to make this POS understand ? There's no hope anymore. I hate 2010s hockey for that. 15-20 years ago, you would send him Boogaard or Domi, and there would be no more cases like that. The power of intimidation, the equilibrium of terror. And it worked !

And then, no suspension. I'm dreaming right ?

For me, It's a a suspension for the remaining of the season with no salary, if it's not a ban.

But, wait, he's also a scorer and he won the SC... It's okay, leave him for now... Maybe we should start a crowdfunding for a brain transplant to the official who decided not to put any suspension to Wilson.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Why he didn't do nothing wrong says the DOPS.

A tragic laughing stock they are.

You got that right. Makes me wonder if the NHL truly wants to eliminate these kinds of hits.

Archived