Tom Wilson has yet another hearing...

hf101

4 hours ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/ryan-reaves-gets-match-penalty-after-hit-tom-wilson

YES SIR !

And Finally it's Ryan Reaves who decided to put his pants and go after Wilson. He got what he deserved, but not hard enough IMO. That's how you deal with that kind of POS.

Call me a cynic but I doubt this hit will make Tom Wilson change his ways. In the end I think the result of this is more proof of the notion of "players policing themselves" not making one bit of difference.

44 minutes ago, B21 said:

Call me a cynic but I doubt this hit will make Tom Wilson change his ways.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Too late to make him change but at least he got his penny back. We'll take it...

45 minutes ago, B21 said:

In the end I think the result of this is more proof of the notion of "players policing themselves" not making one bit of difference.

I don't agree on this one, however it could be partially correct nowadays. In the 80s-90s, every teams had 2 or 3 enforcers to be sure that if you have Wilson-type guy making that kind of hit, we would have had to respond to those guys, and believe me that was quite scary. And it worked. At that time, there much less of those cheap shots, blinded open-ice check in the head. It has been proven that suspensions and/or fines do not solve the problem, and the league is not really willing to change things.

As a Pittsburgh fan, do you know many concussions had Crosby? Like 8 or 9? All of those coming from checks that were really at the edge of legality. If he had some guys like Kocur or Nilan with him, I'm absolutely convinced that he would never had that amount of concussions: cause the players who smashed him would have had to confront those guys, which they didn't wanted to. The number of hits he received is insane, and he was never protected by anybody. In the Yzerman/Lemieux/Gretzky era, nobody dared to touch them, because they knew that if they were doing so, they might end in hospital...

For me, the vanishing of enforcers in today's hockey era is a terrible thing. This with the suppression of the two-line offside (ot the red line offside, I don't know the name in english)

When Gretzky was traded to LA in that blockbuster move, he had one ultimate condition that needed to be fullfit no matter what: "I am not going anywhere without Marty McSorley". Ans McSAorley was part of the deal and went in LA with Gretzky.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Crazy thing is, the Wilson goon is much more talented than the Reaves goon...

And a helluva a lot more expensive too...

...5.1 mill is a lot of cheddar for a guy who has never even score 20 goals...in fact just 43 in 6 years...5 more after this...yikes!

On 12/5/2018 at 8:35 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Crazy thing is, the Wilson goon is much more talented than the Reaves goon...

But yea....you reap what you sow....
Can't say I feel too bad for Wilson.

Maybe just a bit as a human being....but he did have this coming....

Is this too much?? Overboard??

HHW5ONNNIZANBLLC2YJUTL55CM.jpg

@hf101

@ruxpin

What say you an autographed picture of this???

Well, like I said, as a human being, I hate to see that happen to ANYONE.....but admittedly, it is hard to feel sorry for Wilson here.
It just kinda bugs me that that idiot who shouldn't be on an NHL ice sheet himself, Reaves, did it.

Would have LOVED to have seen a legit hockey player deliver a booming (but clean) hit on Wilson instead.
Much sweeter if a guy like Drew Doughty were the one delivering the kabosh.

But, it is what it is.

12 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Would have LOVED to have seen a legit hockey player deliver a booming (but clean) hit on Wilson instead.

Yeah it just causes a problem still players always seem to have to retaliate after a clean hit...i hate to see this...

..they get mad at a clean hit just as much as a dirty one it seems...the game has lost it's way...

Ugh...don't EVEN get me started on that Calgary player Limberger….

limberg.jpg.e83fabb16efe1bd6c42de0c2babdc37f.jpg

He started punching Dumba on the back of the head when he was down on the ice.

I get players not liking getting the boom lowered on them (or their teammates), even clean ones....but that one dude had no call to start rabbit punching Dumba on the ground.

JT Brown of the Wild could be seen SCREAMING at the guy, but he of course, wasn't allowed on the ice.

They say hockey players never forget.
The next Calgary - Minnesota game should be interesting.

13 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ugh...don't EVEN get me started on that Calgary player Limberger….

limberg.jpg.e83fabb16efe1bd6c42de0c2babdc37f.jpg

He started punching Dumba on the back of the head when he was down on the ice.

I get players not liking getting the boom lowered on them (or their teammates), even clean ones....but that one dude had no call to start rabbit punching Dumba on the ground.

JT Brown of the Wild could be seen SCREAMING at the guy, but he of course, wasn't allowed on the ice.

They say hockey players never forget.
The next Calgary - Minnesota game should be interesting.

Well he was suppose to have a hearing today for jumping on the ice so he should be getting suspended.

Archived