MacDonald, Filpulla named Alternate Captains

AJgoal

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Adds more value to trade ...

Congrats  Go Mac.. A

HA HA...trade he says...it would have to be of equal value. 

So you can maybe trade him for a trashcan lid...and that may be pushing it.

You might have to sweeten the deal with a pick though...

:VeryCool:

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wonder. Is it possible there's more to him than ANY of us are seeing? What if this does increase whatever value at a trade deadline deal? 

I'm telling you, if we come away with a first round pick or top 6 winger... 

Giving McDud the "A" now allows him to screw up with "A"uthority.  :VeryCool:  Hey look, they gave PEB an "A" and then exposed him in the expansion draft, so I don’t think that an alternate captaincy is exactly a proxy for perceived quality.  Maybe by giving him the "A" it is sign that he will be gone by next year! :)

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Giving McDud the "A" now allows him to screw up with "A"uthority.  :VeryCool:  Hey look, they gave PEB an "A" and then exposed him in the expansion draft, so I don’t think that an alternate captaincy is exactly a proxy for perceived quality.  Maybe by giving him the "A" it is sign that he will be gone by next year! :)

"A" for "Adios?" "Au revoir?" "Addio?"  "Arrivederci?"

Asshat?

13 minutes ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

Couturier is our number one center and MacDonald is an assistant captain…

I thought things were supposed to be getting better for this organization?

At least in ,Coots' case it means theb1RW got a lot better.  Mac is an a and taking a foster spot that should be going to at least 3 better players.  This is the unacceptable and I hope the press crucify Hakstol.  

No no mercy in the name of being polite in the post gamand pressers.  I want every snafu Mac pulls called out and have a light shown on it.  

This is terrible becaus it means they intend for her m to stay. Like untilnhis damn contRact is up.   NO WAY.  This is almost a firing offense for both hak and hex.  There was a seronexcuse for this bs and I have defended playing Mac endlessly unt L now.  This is the moment it utterly criss a a line of insanity.  

Sorry my phone is cracked badly. 

I don't know if I have ever had so much anticipation for a season to start to only see it ruined before the puck even dropped for the first game.  I hope I am overreacting.  I can only figure there was a vote and a tie between Flip and Amac so they came up with this hair brained idea of home/away assistant captains instead of the standard dance off to determine the winner.

Honestly, I think the players thought they were on Survivor and were voting to kick somebody off the team.  :VeryCool:

5 minutes ago, King Knut said:

At least in ,Coots' case it means theb1RW got a lot better.  Mac is an a and taking a foster spot that should be going to at least 3 better players.  This is the unacceptable and I hope the press crucify Hakstol.  

No no mercy in the name of being polite in the post gamand pressers.  I want every snafu Mac pulls called out and have a light shown on it.  

This is terrible becaus it means they intend for her m to stay. Like untilnhis damn contRact is up.   NO WAY.  This is almost a firing offense for both hak and hex.  There was a seronexcuse for this bs and I have defended playing Mac endlessly unt L now.  This is the moment it utterly criss a a line of insanity.  

Sorry my phone is cracked badly. 

LOL, well that's certainly an interesting way of looking at it.

I'm not too high on the coach either. I just don't think he knows what he's doing.

1 hour ago, off_the_post said:

I don't know if I have ever had so much anticipation for a season to start to only see it ruined before the puck even dropped for the first game.  I hope I am overreacting.  I can only figure there was a vote and a tie between Flip and Amac so they came up with this hair brained idea of home/away assistant captains instead of the standard dance off to determine the winner.

Honestly, I think the players thought they were on Survivor and were voting to kick somebody off the team.  :VeryCool:

Bah, it's not a huge deal, really. They chose the vets. 

We are stuck with MacDud at least through this season. I would almost put money on him being bought out after this season, especially if our rookies can keep up their level of play.

1 hour ago, off_the_post said:

Honestly, I think the players thought they were on Survivor and were voting to kick somebody off the team. 

LOL ....The Tribe has spoken ..... now hand over your hockey stick! 

40 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

LOL ....The Tribe has spoken ..... now hand over your hockey stick! jock strap

I was going to make this edit as a joke then realized that he already handed his jock over at the blue line last game.

1 hour ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

LOL, well that's certainly an interesting way of looking at it.

I'm not too high on the coach either. I just don't think he knows what he's doing.

I gave Hakstol the benefit of the down for a long time and I'm really starting to second guess that.

I excused last year's offensive drop off as a sacrifice to keep the puck out of the net (which they were atrocious at while they were scoring).

The problem now is that his moves just look very very stupid.  Like intentionally designed to fail.  It's starting to remind of of Chip Kelly, who no one will ever convince me wasn't actually trying to destroy the Eagles from the inside.

Moving Giroux to wing makes sense (though I'd probably have moved Filppula first since he's played more wing recently in his career).  Putting Giroux with Couturier even makes a little bit of sense (though I'd probably have stuck him with Patrick to help take advantage of the kid's skills while he learns the NHL game).  But sticking the both of them with Voracek is only a path to victory if games were decided by Puck Possession numbers and not goals.  

That line will possess the puck well.  They will enter zones well.  They will pass well.  They will pass too much.  Those passes will be intercepted and sent the other way.  This line will never ever ever FRIGGIN' SHOOT THE PUCK (Simmonds, Give them Weal, Give them Lindblom).

It really just seems like there are political situations at play this camp that went well beyond how well a player performed and this has be quite concerned.  

Lindblom had a shakey first game.  He improved drastically pretty quickly from there and played pretty well... which was rewarded with less ice time and a demotion to a "scrub" line with guys that almost certainly weren't making the team.

Same but worse happened to Vecchione except he looked good in his first game.  Send back to the phantoms without so much as a second though, meanwhile Leeir and Laughton and Lehtera and Weise are given more time and minutes than was probably reasonable.

Of course the answer to the Vecchione question is that Laughton and Leier also looked good (granted they were given much much more time)... but All three of those guys should be battling  for the roster spots of Read, Weise, Lehtera and Raffl.  

The problem is that in Read's case that happened.  In Lindblom's case, someone is going to be on the third line who should have been on the 4th line or in Lehigh Valley.  

It's really poor talent management.  I just don't feel good about it and I think Hextall's reasons are not what he pretends.  I think there's political crap at play and I don't like it.  

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Bah, it's not a huge deal, really. They chose the vets. 

We are stuck with MacDud at least through this season. I would almost put money on him being bought out after this season, especially if our rookies can keep up their level of play.

You don't name a guy alternate captain that you intend to buy out.  They actually think he's good.  And this is disturbing.  

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

You don't name a guy alternate captain that you intend to buy out.  They actually think he's good.  And this is disturbing.  

The same way you don't name a captain and then trade him (Forsberg, Richards, Lindros) or let him walk (Jason Smith)?

The "A" has no direct bearing on whether or not they think MacDonald is "good."

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

We can always hope for a season-ending injury for MacDonald so we can put him LTIR and play the kids. Umberger comes off the books after this year, so maybe they'll buyout MacDonald's remaining two years or just bury him in the minors for the next two years.

Archived