Morin and Sanheim BOTH scratched tonight?

vis

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIRE.HAKSTOL.TODAY.

Seriously, first, they should be playing by right.   Both are better than either MacDud or Manning.  Second, why keep them up only to scratch them?  What good does that do anyone?  I guess bring them in case Ghost can't go, but...back to my first point.

The situation with the defensemen, keeping Leier, giving MacDumbass a letter other than F or U...this guy is an idiot.

And seriously, our offense pretty much blew in preseason.  And there's really little excuse for it.  He's in way over his head.  You're going to can him eventually, so why not just do it now?

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Also, for discussion purposes:    I like Hagg, but was he actually better than either Morin or Sanheim?

I don't know about better, but he is (seen as) safer. And Hakstol loves safe (see Vandevelde, Chris)

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

I don't know about better, but he is (seen as) safer. And Hakstol loves safe (see Vandevelde, Chris)

Yeah.

I get that argument a bit for Sanheim. I think he could probably use some more time to improve defensively, although he got better as preseason went on.

But did you see anything really that made Morin not safe?   I'm sure he had a gaff here or there, but I thought he was really pretty sound and provided a smart physical presence back there.  More than MickeyDipshit or Manning, anyway.  Manning is game with the fighting thing, but I don't think he instills fear in anyone other than his own goalie.

I don't get this.  At all.   

37 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Are you actually surprised?

Yes, that Manning is dressing ahead of Morin.  Not as surprised about Sanheim.  Between Sanheim and Morin, I expected Morin to get the nod.  I did not expect Manning to play ahead of both of them.

1 minute ago, Philly29 said:

Might sound stupid but could their a trade be involved depending on how good a player night do?

I don't really hold out any hope for that, but possibly.   I would suspect for Manning more than MacDotard.    But what would they "prove" tonight that they haven't through preseason and last year?  Unless Hextall was simply waiting to see if Ghost is okay.  Dunno, i just think the better explanation is that our coach is a moron.

8 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

FIRE.HAKSTOL.TODAY.

Not happening.  Not even after this season, regardless of the record.

Seriously, first, they should be playing by right.   Both are better than either MacDud or Manning.  Second, why keep them up only to scratch them?  What good does that do anyone?  I guess bring them in case Ghost can't go, but...back to my first point.

Like you, I get why the kept Sanheim up and why he might get scratched since Ghost is healthy.  But Morin?  Makes absolutely no sense to keep him up and then scratch him - unless he is nursing an injury.

And seriously, our offense pretty much blew in preseason.

Yep.  Also, the G/C/V line combined for one 5v5 goal in the preseason by my count.  I know it's pre-season and all, but really?

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah.

I get that argument a bit for Sanheim. I think he could probably use some more time to improve defensively, although he got better as preseason went on.

But did you see anything really that made Morin not safe?   I'm sure he had a gaff here or there, but I thought he was really pretty sound and provided a smart physical presence back there.  More than MickeyDipshit or Manning, anyway.  Manning is game with the fighting thing, but I don't think he instills fear in anyone other than his own goalie.

I don't get this.  At all.   

I only saw a bit of pre-season, but what I saw I would have given Morin the nod. But I don't dislike Manning as much as others do. Or rather, I like him more than others. He's tough, but mobile. He gets very little credit for doing a decent job back there much of the time

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

But I don't dislike Manning as much as others do. Or rather, I like him more than others. He's tough, but mobile. He gets very little credit for doing a decent job back there much of the time

I'm not down on Manning.  I used to be, honestly, but I warmed up to him over time.  It's just that now there are much better options.  Including Morin.

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Y'all probably can't tell, but I'm actually pretty aggravated by this!

Really? I couldn't tell!

PS - I called your number for advertising space, but all I got was a lot of heavy breathing. Was that you??? ;)

Morin AND Sanheim scratched tonight???

image.png

Seriously I really do not get Hakstol???  Ok play McDud because the "A" you can make a case for...but c'mon ..Manning over them.  Something does not make sense.    This is the year to be moving forward with the young kids...not take 2 steps back.  There better be a damn good explanation for this.....

null

Just now, ruxpin said:

I'm not down on Manning.  I used to be, honestly, but I warmed up to him over time.  It's just that now there are much better options.  Including Morin.

Yeah, fair enuff. I don't get any of this either. 

Just now, brelic said:

Really? I couldn't tell!

PS - I called your number for advertising space, but all I got was a lot of heavy breathing. Was that you??? ;)

Yes, sorry.  I thought you were Sarah Huckabee Sanders again.   She really gets me going.  She's hot, in a transvestite kind of way.

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

There better be a damn good explanation for this.....

I don't think you'll ever even see/hear an explanation much less a good one.

"He's going with his gut."    -- because his head is shoved so far up his ### that that's where his brain currently is.

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I only saw a bit of pre-season, but what I saw I would have given Morin the nod. But I don't dislike Manning as much as others do. Or rather, I like him more than others. He's tough, but mobile. He gets very little credit for doing a decent job back there much of the time

Not down on Manning either, but I think Morin deserves a spot in the top 6 ahead of Manning.  Manning is a perfect #7.  Makes no sense to keep Morin up, but scratch him in favor of Manning.

Just now, ruxpin said:

I don't think you'll ever even see/hear an explanation much less a good one.

"He's going with his gut."    -- because his head is shoved so far up his ### that that's where his brain currently is.

I know...just wishful thinking .....

Yes, @vis, that's my thinking too. I figured one of them would be scratched - after all, one of them was going to be sent back, probably Sanheim, and made the trip as insurance. 

But I don't understand scratching both. SO, if Read is still here and Sanheim in LV, does Morin get scratched tonight? That is directly against what Hextall said just yesterday - "we're not keeping young guys up here to play 7-8 minutes a night."

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

That is directly against what Hextall said just yesterday - "we're not keeping young guys up here to play 7-8 minutes a night."

Exactly.  So maybe they are showing Manning?   Or MacDildo?  

I don't understand moving Manning.   He really is a good #7 to have.  And if you move Manning, that makes someone like Sanheim come up to be the #7, which makes no sense for his development.

But if you move MacDung, then you play both Morin & Sanheim and Manning is your 7th.

I think MacDooDoo would look terrific next to Vlasic, don't you?

Archived