Morin and Sanheim BOTH scratched tonight?

vis

@AlaskaFlyerFan

wait,

so you're saying the season isn't lost ?

in all seriousness though, I think Morin and Sanheim give the team a better chance to play the Hakstol "pressure the puck everywhere" style he used  @ North Dakota. So it is puzzling to see slower less aggressive guys in the line up.

you have to admit that was some mid-January level bitching though.  Nice to know I still have the heater when I need it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hf101 said:

I think it makes perfect sense.   Neither Sanheim or Morin has "made" the team.  

You're arguably right about Sanheim.  But I really do disagree about Morin.  He had a hell of a camp and did everything asked and did it well.   It is what it is, but I think he brings so much more than Manning, in particular.  

I target Manning only because I really don't see them sitting MacDonald.  I like Manning better than MacDonald, actually.

But if the idea is to keep Morin up and he and Manning share time or something, I guess that's not a disaster.  

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

You're arguably right about Sanheim.  But I really do disagree about Morin.  He had a hell of a camp and did everything asked and did it well.   It is what it is, but I think he brings so much more than Manning, in particular.  

I target Manning only because I really don't see them sitting MacDonald.  I like Manning better than MacDonald, actually.

But if the idea is to keep Morin up and he and Manning share time or something, I guess that's not a disaster.  

There really is no point in him having to share time.

I'm like you i would prefer Mcdud but he obviously has some blackmail photos of Ron and Dave in the showers or something.

So it's Manning who will needs to sit in place of Morin.

Morin can do everything Manning does except better and what he do yet he meeds to play to work on.

So play him and work him in. Ivan as good as he has turned out to be had his ups and downs too.

I think the light come on for him more after the game versus the Wings in which he finished -4 in and even fell down handling the puck which lead to a goal against after that he took off and has never looked back.

Not saying Morin will do the same but you have to put him in live fire and see how it goes. Let him learn.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

There really is no point in him having to share time.

I'm like you i would prefer Mcdud but he obviously has some blackmail photos of Ron and Dave in the showers or something.

So it's Manning who will needs to sit in place of Morin.

Morin can do everything Manning does except better and what he do yet he meeds to play to work on.

So play him and work him in. Ivan as good as he has turned out to be had his ups and downs too.

I think the light come on for him more after the game versus the Wings in which he finished -4 in and even fell down handling the puck which lead to a goal against after that he took off and has never looked back.

Not saying Morin will do the same but you have to put him in live fire and see how it goes. Let him learn.

Agree with all of that. 

I'm trying to guess what they're actually doing, though. Because if they really have Manning ahead of both kids at #6, who is their #7? Given all that you said, it makes zero sense that it's one of the kids m

15 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I have no problem with keeping Leier, but seriously, this clown has got to go and I think it's time that Ron starts feeling some heat for continually protecting veterans that simply can't do the job. What makes it even worse is that there isn't even a single beat writer that will call Hextall and Hakstol out for this. Honestly, them not dressing Morin and Sanheim just shows how much of chickens they are to make the leap and commitment to youth in the lineup. They CLEARLY outplayed MacDonald and Manning, yet Hextall looks like a liar for his "if the kids are ready, they'll play" mantra. Lying sack of ****.

Bingo!!

5 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

So do Morin and Samheim get shelved until MacDonald's contract expires? 

God I hope not.... as mentioned above .. what the hell is the fascination Hexy and Hak have of MacDildo (TM compliments of @ruxpin)

5 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

So do Morin and Samheim get shelved until MacDonald's contract expires? 

God I hope not.... as mentioned above .. what the hell is the fascination Hexy and Hak have of MacDildo (TM compliments of @ruxpin)

19 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I like that name, it is suiting to the guy. 

I just hate that everyone and their mother knows that this is a bubble team. If they over achieve great, but if they flop, we (as the fans) kind of expected it. So since their are no lofty expectations, why not let them start? See what they got?

And if Patrick was picked say 25th overall, do you think he'd even be in the lineup right now?

Hextall is full of **** and as boring as CSPAN doing a toast documentary. 

14 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

I like that name, it is suiting to the guy. 

I just hate that everyone and their mother knows that this is a bubble team. If they over achieve great, but if they flop, we (as the fans) kind of expected it. So since their are no lofty expectations, why not let them start? See what they got?

And if Patrick was picked say 25th overall, do you think he'd even be in the lineup right now?

Hextall is full of **** and as boring as CSPAN doing a toast documentary. 

I a so over hearing Hextall talk about how "if the rookies beat out someone" they will play.   It makes not f'ing sense to sit Morin and Sanheim over Manning - and I actually like Manning more than most.   Now that McDildo has the "A" he is going to be untouchable.   Hextall again trying to tell the fans that he and Homer were right with McDildo.  Lindblom, while I think needs work, cant be as bad as good ol' Dale W.   TK is wasting away playing with the overpaid stiff.

Not sure what the fascination is with playing ****** veterans over talented kids.   I hope Hextall addresses these lineup decisions b/c everything he talks about appears to be utter BS.

bad day at work so I needed to rant!

And yes... you bring up a GREAT point about Patrick!

Archived