Not the start Mason wanted

Samifan

4 minutes ago, Puck It Up said:

They did pull him after the 5th goal was let in.

Not watching the game so I don't know if Mason was to blame for all 5 goals but a 75% save percentage is impressive even for Mason. 

3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Not watching the game so I don't know if Mason was to blame for all 5 goals but a 75% save percentage is impressive even for Mason. 

I'm not watching it either. My husband has the Penguins/Blues game on as we are waiting for the Flyers game later. I am just doing some cleaning up before the Flyers game. I just saw they said Helly was in there.

I watched it all. Defensive lapse city, special teams garbage. Typical Paul Maurice.

Should be first coach fired.

I watch a lot of Jet games and this is the story of any goalie who plays for them. They can't be confident of the 5 guys on the ice at all so they get worse and worse 

5 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I watched it all. Defensive lapse city, special teams garbage. Typical Paul Maurice.

I watch a lot of Jet games and this is the story of any goalie who plays for them. They can't be confident of the 5 guys on the ice at all so they get worse and worse 

I have always heard that the Jets have all the talent but lack a ton of discipline.

1 hour ago, Leach27 said:

what was wrong with Pavelec?

Nothing ... he is now in Rangertown.

Besides he only played a handful of games with the Jets last year.

After playing 5 seasons In the NHL, Pavelec was placed on waivers by the Winnipeg Jets on 10 October 2016, and was sent down to the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League. The Jets recalled Pavelec on 17 January 2017,[2] and he played his first game of the 2016–17 season on 18 January 2017.[3]

On July 1, 2017, having left the Thrashers/Jets as a free agent after 10 professional seasons with the franchise, Pavelec signed a one-year, $1.3 million contract with the New York Rangers.[4]

2016–17 Manitoba Moose AHL 18 8 7 2 1059 49 0 2.78 .917
2016–17 Winnipeg Jets NHL 8 4 4 0 442 26 0 3.55 .888

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

My poor fantasy team!  Now I was not expecting Mason to be the second coming of Roy but C'mon...I was not expecting him to get shelled like that.  He now may become a candidate of PTSD!  He better have his shrink on speed dial. :)

(NOTE: By no means am I taking a shot at those individuals who suffer from above said condition.  I acknowledge this is a serious condition that those folks suffer....it is strictly a joke aimed at Mason.  Please I am not trying to offend anyone.  Thank You.)

31 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

My poor fantasy team!  Now I was not expecting Mason to be the second coming of Roy but C'mon...I was not expecting him to get shelled like that.  He now may become a candidate of PTSD!  He better have his shrink on speed dial. :)

(NOTE: By no means am I taking a shot at those individuals who suffer from above said condition.  I acknowledge this is a serious condition that those folks suffer....it is strictly a joke aimed at Mason.  Please I am not trying to offend anyone.  Thank You.)

He was in fetal position by the time they pulled him

Not that I hold high hopes for Mason playing for The 'Peg, but honestly, the players in front of him really didn't help him at all.

Mason must have felt like he had 5 Dale Weises, MacDonalds or Mannings in front of him all night.....with a touch of Hal Gill too (yea, yea, I know, report me!) :ph34r:

57 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Not that I hold high hopes for Mason playing for The 'Peg, but honestly, the players in front of him really didn't help him at all.

Neither did I but I also didn't expect a complete unmitigated disaster either.  Does Winnipeg actually know the definition or concept of defense?

Just now, pilldoc said:

Neither did I but I also didn't expect a complete unmitigated disaster either.  Does Winnipeg actually know the definition or concept of defense?

You know, in past seasons, I would have said "yes, they do"...with the main problem being Ondrej Pavalec in goal.

And their size and speed would lead you to believe that they can spend more time at the opposing end, and thus making the goalie's life easier.

But starting a bit last year and certainly this first game, they looked like the old Atlanta Freakin Thrashers defensively!

Maybe this will get better, but the Central division certainly is not the place you want to be defensively incompetent (just ask the Avs).

Also, Steve Mason isn't the rock solid mental goalie that is needed to carry a team.

I certainly think Mase is talented, but he soooo relies on the team in front of him to help boost his confidence, otherwise, things get in his head that shouldn't.

And after that game 1, the Jets certainly haven't propped up their goalie.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You know, in past seasons, I would have said "yes, they do"...with the main problem being Ondrej Pavalec in goal.

And their size and speed would lead you to believe that they can spend more time at the opposing end, and thus making the goalie's life easier.

But starting a bit last year and certainly this first game, they looked like the old Atlanta Freakin Thrashers defensively!

Maybe this will get better, but the Central division certainly is not the place you want to be defensively incompetent (just ask the Avs).

Also, Steve Mason isn't the rock solid mental goalie that is needed to carry a team.

I certainly think Mase is talented, but he soooo relies on the team in front of him to help boost his confidence, otherwise, things get in his head that shouldn't.

And after that game 1, the Jets certainly haven't propped up their goalie.

I would agree to a point .....at times Pavelec just was not a good goalie, however, I watched those fateful minutes when it 1-0 then 2-0 then 3-0 in a course of 3-4 minutes.  I tell you ....the Jets looked completed shellshocked and out of position defensively to a point they totally just caved for the rest of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Samifan said:

Mase back in net tonight after sitting a couple out. Down 4-1 after the second :hyper:

Well he did stop 30 of 35 shots.

Pay no mind to the 5 that got behind him.

And a 872% to go with it.

He would have played better had he not been platooned when in Philly.

:BrownBag:

Archived