Not the start Mason wanted

Samifan

On 10/17/2017 at 9:52 PM, Samifan said:

Mase back in net tonight after sitting a couple out. Down 4-1 after the second :hyper:

Who would you go with....

....one guy is 4-0-0 928%  2.32 gaa....

...the other guy is 0-3-0 846%  5.96 gaa...

...i know who i would lean on...

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Who would you go with....

....one guy is 4-0-0 928%  2.32 gaa....

...the other guy is 0-3-0 846%  5.96 gaa...

...i know who i would lean on...

I would think it should be crystal clear to anyone that the starting job should unquestionably be Connor Hellebuyck's to lose now.

I said this during the off season......... Steve Mason is still a capable netminder, but I think he no longer is an NHL starter, but is better suited to being a backup on a defensively capable team who already have a workhorse goalie.

Of course, Steve Mason himself and the GM's employing him have to see it that way too.........otherwise, scenes like we've been witnessing with him in net will continue to repeat themselves.

5 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I would think it should be crystal clear to anyone that the starting job should unquestionably be Connor Hellebuyck's to lose now.

I said this during the off season......... Steve Mason is still a capable netminder, but I think he no longer is an NHL starter, but is better suited to being a backup on a defensively capable team who already have a workhorse goalie.

Of course, Steve Mason himself and the GM's employing him have to see it that way too.........otherwise, scenes like we've been witnessing with him in net will continue to repeat themselves.

Yes. And yes don't play him against the Devils. He is 0-10 going up against them.

Archived