Game 2: Flyers at Kings, October 5, 2017, 10 pm (NBCSN, CSN)

AJgoal

No morning skate, so there is no indication of what the actual lineups are going to be yet.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=87859

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Subject to change, will be updated)

Flyers (Wednesday's lines)

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
40 Jordan Weal - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
22 Dale Weise - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 11 Travis Konecny
20 Taylor Leier - 21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl

9 Ivan Provorov - 47 Andrew MacDonald
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 8 Robert Hägg

30 Michal Neuvirth
[37 Brian Elliott]

Scratches: Jori Lehterä (healthy), Travis Sanheim (healthy), Sam Morin (healthy), Anthony Stolarz (SOIR).

Kings (from Dailyfaceoff.com)

70 Tanner Pearson - 77 Jeff Carter - 73 Tyler Toffoli
19 Alex Iafallo - 11 Anze Kopitar - 23 Dustin Brown
17 Jonny Brodzinski - 9 Adrian Kempe - 14 Mikel Cammalleri
13 Kyle Clifford - 21 Nick Shore - 22 Trevor Lewis

24 Derek Forbort - 8 Drew Doughty
6 Jake Muzzin - 38 Paul LaDue
7 Oscar Fantenberg - 5 Christian Folin

32 Jonathan Quick
[35 Darcy Kuemper]

Scratches: Alec Martinez (IR, lower body), Marian Gaborik (IR), Andy Andreoff (healthy), Nic Dowd (healthy), Kevin Gravel (healthy)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Travis Sanheim (healthy), Sam Morin (healthy),

I hate Hakstol....   and Hexy needs to step up and explain this as well.   This goes against everything he spouts about rookies.   Morin deserves to be in the lineup.

One thing I hate more than a road game that is a home opener for the opponent like last night is a back to back road home opener for the opponent who did not play the night before. It would seem all the cards are stacked against the Flyers, but from what I saw from these guys last night they certainly are go getters and are definitely fun to watch. I am really liking the young guys and the Defense. I am going out on a limb because O really do hate back to backs on the road when the other team is just waiting, but I am going to say Neuvy and the Defense puts up a great game and the Flyers pull out a 3-2 win tonight. 

Greetings:

Unlike the Sharks, we have a very good track record against LA:

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/opponent.cgi?Los_Angeles_Kings

I am not sure if this reflects the more recent history.  This is another great test against a goalie (I suppose Quick) who does wheelies and handstands to keep us out of the goal.

How well will the gang hold up in the 3rd period...we have to see.  My hope is the fourth line keeps up the pressure per last night and gets one or two goals to throw the Kings off balance.  It was great to see a 4th line in action that could actually pose a scoring threat.  I expect G and the gang to score.  We haven't had much from our third and fourth lines in years.

We are missing something here as far as Morin and Sanheim sitting goes. Hextall has a plan, method to his madness.

The healthy scratches of both rookies will not last long.

Hextall has something planned whether it be a trade or something. Their is no logical reason behind the scratch of Morin and Sanheim so I am trusting he has something planned.

McDonald was on the ice for at least on goal against, it deflected off his skate into the net, please sit his ass, I don't care that he has the A.

I was to tired and drunk I couldn't stay awake for the game which started late. I know it is on the west coast but for us on the east coast, a game starting past 10:30 at night is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Philly29 said:

The healthy scratches of both rookies will not last long.

Should be over tonight especially with the way Manning played. And as always good ol Mcturd deflects a goal into his own net.

If only he was worth a damn at doing the screening and deflecting into the other net....

...as i said they don't want to play the rookies for fear of them making mistakes...Hak only allows the vets to make mistakes...the kids must be perfect in order to play....that is such skewed way of thinking.

Anyways

GO FLYERS!!!!

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Should be over tonight especially with the way Manning played. And as always good ol Mcturd deflects a goal into his own net.

If only he was worth a damn at doing the screening and deflecting into the other net....

...as i said they don't want to play the rookies for fear of them making mistakes...Hak only allows the vets to make mistakes...the kids must be perfect in order to play....that is such skewed way of thinking.

Anyways

GO FLYERS!!!!

I wonder if the long west coast trip has anything to do with them being scratched, I don't know....

2 minutes ago, Philly29 said:

I wonder if the long west coast trip has anything to do with them being scratched, I don't know....

It shouldn't hell they should be well rested.

I hope Hak isn't waiting for the home opener on the 14th so he can dictate the line matchups.

If Mcdud and Manning were playing solid lights out mistake free hockey then i could understand not sitting them.

But that isn't the case.

The better lineup is with Sanheim and Morin in it.

Hextall said they would play if they earned it and he just hasn't stood by what he said.

I don't know if it's 100% that Morin and Sanheim will be scratched tonight as well.  There was no morning skate, so you cannot tell from that.  Also, Hakstol said yesterday that he's not going to discuss who is in (or out) of the lineup on a daily basis.  Jerkoff.

“I’m not gonna talk about our lineup,” Hakstol said when asked. “The eight guys that are eligible back there, six guys are gonna play. I’m not gonna talk about the six that are in or the two that are out. If those guys are out, as we go through here if we have eight defensemen we’ll always have two pretty good players out of the lineup.”

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2017/10/04/flyers-stay-quiet-nhls-new-non-information-age/733627001/

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not directed just at you, OR, but these comments just kill me.  The guy was in position on the PK...not out of position.  He didn't shoot the puck into his own net.  Give the guy a little credit for being in position.  He doesn't deserve criticism for this play.  Deflections happen and are part of the game.  

4 hours ago, Puck It Up said:

One thing I hate more than a road game that is a home opener for the opponent like last night is a back to back road home opener for the opponent who did not play the night before. It would seem all the cards are stacked against the Flyers, but from what I saw from these guys last night they certainly are go getters and are definitely fun to watch. I am really liking the young guys and the Defense. I am going out on a limb because O really do hate back to backs on the road when the other team is just waiting, but I am going to say Neuvy and the Defense puts up a great game and the Flyers pull out a 3-2 win tonight. 

Don't they play in like four consecutive home openers? 

Also, appears to be officially official:

Speculation is that Morin is going back to LV when the trip ends.

2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Not directed just at you, OR, but these comments just kill me.  The guy was in position on the PK...not out of position.  He didn't shoot the puck into his own net.  Give the guy a little credit for being in position.  He doesn't deserve criticism for this play.  Deflections happen and are part of the game.  

Sure i guess.

But it always seems to be him.

There is nowhere i know that tracks this stat but i swear since he has been in Philly i guarantee he leads the whole team in that catergory from my recollection. 

There are 3 things on this team noone can do better than him.

* Concede the blueline

* Screen his own goalie

* Defelect a puck in his own net.

Tops in the NHL i bet.

:Isaidnow:

24 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I think you are correct.

24 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I think it's just 3 Sharks, Kings and Ducks.

Either way tough stretch.

Nice to see Travis get the nod.

The reason he hets the nod over Morin is because he can play both side right or left.

Morin mostly just plays left side.

And Travis brings more offense puck support.

Not to take a shot at Sam.

But this has to play a part and maybe they won't to get a look at Travis before they have to send someone back for the Phantoms game on saturday.

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure i guess.

But it always seems to be him.

There is nowhere i know that tracks this stat but i swear since he has been in Philly i guarantee he leads the whole team in that catergory from my recollection. 

There are 3 things on this team noone can do better than him.

* Concede the blueline

* Screen his own goalie

* Defelect a puck in his own net.

Tops in the NHL i bet.

:Isaidnow:

He was second on the team last year in blocked shots.  That tells me he is doing what he is supposed to do.  Every now and then one is going to deflect off of him and go in.  Bitch about him when he isn't covering his check or making a bone head play, not when he's doing what he is supposed to.

1 minute ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

He was second on the team last year in blocked shots.  That tells me he is doing what he is supposed to do.  Every now and then one is going to deflect off of him and go in.  Bitch about him when he isn't covering his check or making a bone head play, not when he's doing what he is supposed to.

Yeah i know i shouldn't talk bad about the Flyers #2 shutdown defenseman won't happen again carry on.

3 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I was just going to post something similar.  Two nights in a row.  Ugh

I really hate this. It looks like it is going to be another no 3rd period or a partial 3rd period for me.

Archived