Niemi era Ended quickly in Pittsburgh

yave1964

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Ken Wregget is available...just sayin'.

His name actually popped into my head when I typed that. Other possibles....

Johan "Moose" Hedberg

Patrick Lalime

Frank "The Save" Pietrangelo

Brent "I Own Rick DiPietro" Johnston

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Sorry, but Ron Hextall retired years ago............ :ph34r:

He was simply doing a favor to the hockey world by attempting to rid it of Chris Chelios. :biggrin:

• hf101 changed the title to Niemi era Ended quickly in Pittsburgh

it was glorious watching the end of his career. I hated Niemi for 5 years as a Shark, wanting a new goalie immediately. He wasted the best years of our core.

How many GM's let a goalie be that mad that long? 40 playoffs games for the sharks  and he never stole a single one. Not a single shutout.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

it was glorious watching the end of his career. I hated Niemi for 5 years as a Shark, wanting a new goalie immediately. He wasted the best years of our core.

How many GM's let a goalie be that mad that long? 40 playoffs games for the sharks  and he never stole a single one. Not a single shutout.

Claimed by Florida as Bobby Lu is out, possibly longer than at first reported. Now they have a trio of bad aging goalies.

3 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Claimed by Florida as Bobby Lu is out, possibly longer than at first reported. Now they have a trio of bad aging goalies.

Cool so I can watch him get lit up even more.

This is still the visible end of his career.

11 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

@yave1964

Could Niemi be there in time to suit up vs Carey Price tonight?

This could be a game to watch for the ages

Oh crap. Almost makes me tempted to play Price on his last night as a Billyport Crip (fantasy hockey, for those without a program). 

I said "almost." 

He remains firmly planted on my bench. 

45 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Oh crap. Almost makes me tempted to play Price on his last night as a Billyport Crip (fantasy hockey, for those without a program). 

I said "almost." 

I'll giggle a lot if he gets a shutout

The tandem of Howard and halak against you tonight for akof

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I said "almost." 

Good call on making that distinction....with the way the NHL likes to just spring teams up in random cities, some newer fans MIGHT have mistaken the Crips to be a new franchise in the hockey deprived and starved Oakland market............ :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Good call on making that distinction....with the way the NHL likes to just spring teams up in random cities, some newer fans MIGHT have mistaken the Crips to be a new franchise in the hockey deprived and starved Oakland market............ :ph34r:

LMAO

Well, they wouldn't have thought that, but they might not have known what I was talking about and thought I was referencing our neighborhood gang.

What is French for "Crips?"    Maybe they could go to Quebec?

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I'll giggle a lot if he gets a shutout

The tandem of Howard and halak against you tonight for akof

Well, he's stopped 11 consecutive shots for possibly the first time this year.

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Well, he's stopped 11 consecutive shots for possibly the first time this year.

Wow the Panthers claimed this bum........wish the Flyers could of traded them Elliot....he sucks donkey balls!!!!

He would have been cheaper!

Wow, hard to believe that anyone claimed him with how horrible he played.   Yeah Yeah he played the back side of back to backs in all three losses against good teams. But at SOME point you have to make a few saves.  He never really looked comfortable in net in the two games I saw him play. 

8 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Wow, hard to believe that anyone claimed him with how horrible he played.   Yeah Yeah he played the back side of back to backs in all three losses against good teams. But at SOME point you have to make a few saves.  He never really looked comfortable in net in the two games I saw him play. 

Yeah but it's the Panthers they don't have any fans to even watch him suck in net!!!!!!

Archived