Year of the Hat Trick

ezlot76

Hat Trick.jpg

so theres been 4 hat tricks already I believe. I cant say i ever remember this many so soon. well they wanted more goals, they getting them at least for now. I know things usually taper off farther into season, but we starting at one heck of a pace

Nice start for offense, I will agree, but methinks the first two weeks or so of NHL action always has some craziness (or are just erratic, as a friend put it), and defenses and teams in general will settle in and blow outs, hat tricks and high scoring affairs will be seen less.

No doubt the hatties already accounted for are awesome, but I see no reason to think they signal any more offense in the league than has been recently.

Of course, there IS a first time for everything!

Imagine if all the league's top stars stayed completely healthy and with expansion, it means goalies and defenses are spread even thinner across the NHL.....that COULD be a recipe for higher scoring and even more hatties.

But we will see.

If I've learned anything as an NHL fan, one of them is definitely not to judge players or teams by the way the first couple weeks go.

But man, some real attention grabbers have been played so far, eh? ;)

There are some guys that will get there Hat Tricks throughout the season like the McDavid's, Malkin's, Crosby's, and such, but in the beginning of the season like Tropical Fruit Girl stated the defenses are settling in and will soon buckle down and the Hat Tricks will slow downs as the year moves on.

I actually enjoy seeing Hat Tricks because I think it is a hard thing to accomplish so like when Wayne Simmonds did it the other night I was really pleased.

Ovechkin can make history tonight as he can become the first player in NHL history to record a hat trick in three consecutive games. Currently, his seven goals in his team’s first two games of the campaign (3-0—3 at OTT on Oct. 5 and 4-0—4 vs. MTL on Oct. 7) are just two shy of the record for most goals by an NHL player through his team’s first three games to start a season.

4 hours ago, hf101 said:

Ovechkin can make history tonight as he can become the first player in NHL history to record a hat trick in three consecutive games. Currently, his seven goals in his team’s first two games of the campaign (3-0—3 at OTT on Oct. 5 and 4-0—4 vs. MTL on Oct. 7) are just two shy of the record for most goals by an NHL player through his team’s first three games to start a season.

#regularseasonwarrior

9 hours ago, hf101 said:

On pace for 287!

:hocky:

21 minutes ago, radoran said:

On pace for 287!

:hocky:

Ovie: "Alas! All my Hart and Rocket Richard trophies, and my Art Ross....my teams' division titles too! All these I would give to thee.....for my name on the Stanley Cup"

...........he weeps quietly in the night..... :VeryCool:

I thought I'd try to keep up with all the hattricks this season post up videos of each one.

McDavid's three goals were all the Oilers needed to escape with a 3-0 win over the Calgary Flames on opening night.

Overall scoring seems to be up and I think it has something to do with the preseason slashing penalties being called.

This is what hockey should be like, guys being able to use their skill with little hindrance from being slashed. If you can't catch up and play the body you're screwed.

Hopefully this continues well into the future.

With all the scoring going on in Tampa Bay, I wonder how long before a guy like Stamkos or Kucherov show up on this list?

Then again, as a fan, I'd rather have the Lightning continue to get scoring from all over as they have been rather than just from one or two guys...... but man, both those players (Kucherov especially) seem primed to cause fans to lose a few lids....more than once this season :)

4 hours ago, hf101 said:

Add another Hattrick by Tavares this season this time vs Nashville.  9th of his career.

He 's auditioning for other teams....Snow will get fleeced in the trade a given......

:VeryCool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived