Game 3 Flyers at Ducks 10/07/17 10:00 pm

OccamsRazor

Go Flyers..........so glad Mase isn't between the pipes....

Image result for flyers vs ducks gif

Would love to see Morin in the lineup.

“I think that was the only way to get him back and get him doing what he needs to do,” Hextall said. “Scotty’s a very committed hockey player right now. When you come up as a young player, things come at you quick. Sometimes you get a little bit caught up in the hype and the lifestyle and all that and you need a lesson to grow up. I don’t think anyone around here could be more proud of Scotty.”

I thought we had some good chances,” Laughton said after a 2-0 loss to the Los Angeles Kings Thursday night. “We were good on the puck. All three zones. I turned it over there when they scored their first goal. It’s tough. When you have that many opportunities and can’t capitalize and they go down the other way and score, it’s a tough pill to swallow. You keep going, we keep skating the way we are and I think we’re gonna get a lot of chances.”

Of course the Flyers are only two games in, but so far Laughton looks like a different player.

His speed is noticeably different and he’s making plays without trying to force things too much. By his own admission, most of his first 109 NHL games before this season he spent trying to score goals and justify his standing as the 20th overall pick in 2012.

If he makes it in the NHL long term, it won’t be as a scoring center.

“He went down, understands what he is now,” Hextall said. “He’s accepted what he is. He was a star in junior like every other kid coming through. I’m proud of Scotty because he’s done a really good job. His speed, he’s making plays. He’s becoming the player we hoped he could become. We’ve got 80 games, a lot of work to do like everybody else, but he’s done a really good job.”

Man it is good to have a 4th line that can play some big minutes. All the good teams around the league have them. Long gone are the days of the 4th eating just garbage minutes.

Today you need 4 good lines. So now they can work on the other lines who have issues to resolve.

Like getting Weise off the 3rd and in the press box.

Go Flyers!!!!!!

Might be time to try Lehtera in over Weise.

Once lineups are posted i or someone else please post here. Thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect example of Flyers not getting traffic in front of net...must not let Gibson go unobstructed tonight....screen the guy!!!

Goalie is going to stop this all day if you keep the top of his crease clean....WTF is Mcdud when you need a damn screen???

Put him out there and tell him pretend it's his own net!!!!!!!

Another West Coast late one that I probably won't be able to make it all the way through, but I am hoping for more of the same exciting hockey from the Flyers and I hope they can keep the energy up through these last two legs of the road trip before coming home. I really think most fans are pretty excited at what they have seen with this team so far in the 2 games even though they did lose game two. I look for more of the same tonight with really good defensive play and solid Goalie play and I suppose it will be Elliot in there and for the offensive to capitalize on there chances. I am looking at a 3-2 win tonight.

From David Issac....

FLYERS PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards
28-Claude Giroux, 14-Sean Couturier, 93-Jake Voracek

40-Jordan Weal, 19-Nolan Patrick, 17-Wayne Simmonds

22-Dale Weise, 51-Valtteri Filppula, 11-Travis Konecny

20-Taylor Leier, 21-Scott Laughton, 12-Michael Raffl

Defensemen
9-Ivan Provorov & 47-Andrew MacDonald

5-Samuel Morin & 53-Shayne Gostisbehere

8-Robert Hagg & 3-Radko Gudas

Goalie
30-Michal Neuvirth

Myself i would dress Sanheim and put him with Ivan or put Hagg with Ivan and leave Sanheim and Radko together.

I'd also sit Weise and dress Lehtera.

Duck lineup should be able to beat them with so many out...

Forwards
7-Andrew Cogliano, 67-Rickard Rakell, 10-Corey Perry

37-Nick Ritchie, 50-Antoine Vermette, 33-Jakob Silfverberg

21-Chris Wagner, 22-Dennis Rasmussen, 48-Logan Shaw

86-Ondrej Kase, Derek Grant, 40-Jared Boll

Defensemen
4-Cam Fowler & 42-Josh Manson

23-Francois Beauchemin & 71-Brandon Montour

5-Korbinian Holzer & 2-Kevin Bieksa

Goalie
36-John Gibson

Injuries/Suspensions

C Ryan Getzlaf — day-to-day, "lower-body injury"
G Ryan Miller — day-to-day, "upper-body injury"
RW Patrick Eaves — injured reserve, "lower-body injury"
C Ryan Kesler — injured reserve, hip surgery
D Hampus Lindholm — injured reserve, torn labrum
D Sami Vatanen — injured reserve, torn labrum

Put Sanheim in where Mcdud is, and what about dressing Read "can't believe I just typed that" and put him on the 3rd line, can't be any worse than Weise could it? Or better yet just bring up Lindblom and give him a shot.

24 minutes ago, Philly29 said:

Put Sanheim in where Mcdud is, and what about dressing Read "can't believe I just typed that" and put him on the 3rd line, can't be any worse than Weise could it? Or better yet just bring up Lindblom and give him a shot.

Read in the lineup means someone would have to be waived so he can get in the lineup.

At least tonight isn't a home opener.

The game versus the Preds tuesday is another home opener. 

meltzer says no morin tonight.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-10717--ANA/45/87913

Flyers (Thursday's lines)

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
40 Jordan Weal - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 17 Wayne Simmonds
22 Dale Weise - 19 Nolan Patrick - 11 Travis Konecny
20 Taylor Leier - 21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl

9 Ivan Provorov - 47 Andrew MacDonald
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 8 Robert Hägg

37 Brian Elliott
[30 Michal Neuvirth]

Scratches: Jori Lehterä (healthy), Brandon Manning (healthy), Sam Morin (healthy), Anthony Stolarz (SOIR).

I see Patrick is downgraded to the 3rd line.

You know what’s frustrating with Hak? In three straight seasons, players have developed chemistry towards the end of the season when they finally clicked as linemates (Coots/Schenn, Coots/Schenn again, and then Coots/Weise, and Fil on the second line... was it with Simmer?) and he abandons it the next season.

Why?

1 hour ago, RJ8812 said:

I'm surprised Sanheim isn't scratched. He struggled in his first game and we all know how much Halstol like to hold the rookies responsible for their mistakes, but not MacDonald 

Right. Thing he did last game got Ghost benched last year.

Especially the double minor.

The boys came to play. It is wide open.  Without great Gibson goaltending, Flyers would be up 2 or 3 to 1.  Provorov's goal was a beauty. Vermette's was a nice tic-tack. 

The Flyers team speed is impressive.  I have the Ducks feed and they appreciate the O and B PP.  

I am sure I have probably said this 100x but I hate Jake on the point on Power Plays. 

Good first period on the road. As others have said Flyers could easily have 3 or 4 if Gibson didn't make some incredible saves. 

Keep it up boys!

I’ve never seen Patrick look better. Very impressive period in a lot of ways. 

Provorov is just such a treat to watch. 

Overall, team looks fast, and that was some fun hockey to watch. 

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

OT it is!

Seriously, that was a fun game to watch! This team will only get better. 

Agreed--what a pleasant surprise.  Jeepers...I couldn't even figure out the assists..it happened so fast.  

Archived