Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Puck_Pun

Contract dispute with Turris

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

This is an interesting case. He's asking for too much demanding a 7-8 year contract (it boggles my mind that there are so many contracts of that length in the NHL) considering his age. But maybe that's a way of trying to get leverage to say he'll accept a shorter contract for more money. He's a great player and it'll be a shame to see him go if negotiations fall apart, as he is a good player (IIRC he scored 50 goals last season) but such a long contract is really out of the question. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

He didn't score anywhere close to 50, but he'd still be a bit loss. 

Yeah, not sure where I got that number from, it was 27.

222.png

4 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

Yeah, not sure where I got that number from, it was 27.

222.png

Sorry for the pithy post. Was in football stands and really hard to see my screen. 

I really like Turris. Would stink for Ottawa if he left.  I think what he's asking for is horribly unrealistic, but I think you're right that it's simply bargaining position. 

Posted (edited)

I think Turris is a good player too (I tried, unsuccessfully in the past to pry him away from Rux in fantasy hockey... ;) ), but man...he may be building up a track record that is dubious in nature.

Word was, he 'whined' his way out of Arizona after a hold out (correct me if I am wrong on that), then ends up in Ottawa, seems to fit in nicely...now, it's contract time and he just isn't a happy camper once again....and is now possibly using 'leverage' moves??  Yikes....

He would be a big loss for the Sens...but if Ottawa decides they don't want to deal with nonsense (and Turris will be a UFA after the season), would anyone really be surprised if he got traded for perhaps a mid tier player and a 3rd or 4th round pick?

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Yeah, he is getting a bad reputation for being difficult. Ottawa making such a move if he continues to try their patience isn't out of the question.

6 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

tried, unsuccessfully in the past to pry him away from Rux in fantasy hockey.

You're welcome to try again.  :)

I simply cannot stand the crybaby, he whined his way out of Arizona and has been good and sometimes very good in Ottawa but that is it. Term/money that he is requesting if reported accurately is absurd.

He and Brassard are two of my least favorite players for more or less the same reason, Brassard when he was with Columbus had a bit of a dog in him, he took shifts off and got in Hitch's doghouse and stayed there, he was a healthy scratch and instead of firing him up he sulked and pouted until finally they traded him. Same with Turris, he had a running feud with Gretzky and the fan base (all three of them) in Arizona to where they donated him for something named David Rundblad.

He is like I said a good and sometimes very good player, so is Brassard but I wouldn't want either one playing for a team that I like. Puff puff pass. 7 years at 6 million a year my butt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

I simply cannot stand the crybaby, he whined his way out of Arizona and has been good and sometimes very good in Ottawa but that is it. Term/money that he is requesting if reported accurately is absurd.

He and Brassard are two of my least favorite players for more or less the same reason, Brassard when he was with Columbus had a bit of a dog in him, he took shifts off and got in Hitch's doghouse and stayed there, he was a healthy scratch and instead of firing him up he sulked and pouted until finally they traded him. Same with Turris, he had a running feud with Gretzky and the fan base (all three of them) in Arizona to where they donated him for something named David Rundblad.

He is like I said a good and sometimes very good player, so is Brassard but I wouldn't want either one playing for a team that I like. Puff puff pass. 7 years at 6 million a year my butt.

So I shouldn't send you the Turris trade request. Got it. 

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

So I shouldn't send you the Turris trade request. Got it. 

No, don't take it that way, fantasy wise he is usable and I like him. Good fantasy player. In reality tho I think he is a tool.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

No, don't take it that way, fantasy wise he is usable and I like him. Good fantasy player. In reality tho I think he is a tool.

It is true. We draft a lot of tools in our fantasy leagues.

Those are pretty much the only times we do like certain players lol.