You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

TropicalFruitGirl26

2017-18 NJ Devils Season

Devils are going for it this year. Have already given up their 3rd and now their 2nd round picks.

Looks like a decent rental pickup another scorer for the Devs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to re-sign Grabner this summer. I don't think Shero likes giving up picks/prospects for pure rentals at this stage. Although even if it's just a rental, it's still worth it. The team is ahead of schedule, but deserves some help to get back into the playoffs. It would be an absolute shame to not make it given the season Hall is having (at least a point in the last 21 games he's played in) and what they've gotten out of their rookies (Nico's all around game at his age is just as impressive as most of the guys who will get Calder consideration IMO).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

I'm honestly just blown away by Jesper Bratt. 19 year old 6th round picks just do not normally look that mature. The kid has been fantastic on the PK through the preseason, and all he does is score a couple points in his first NHL game.   All three rookies (Hischier, Bratt, Butcher) had strong games today. The more I watch Nico the more I can see he models his game after Pavel Datsyuk. He's got that same kind of smoothness to his game, and is really damn good defensively for an 18 year
      Only two games (and we are talking the Avalanche and Sabres here), but these young new Devils look pretty darned good out there.   Fast, with a nose for the net, even decent defensively, allowing Cory Schneider to give the top of his head some rest by not having to stand on it for 60 minutes straight!   But even when the defense breaks down, Mr. Schneider is there to make the stops he needs to. He looks quite refreshed from what he looked like last year.   For fanta
      Can somebody check Bratt's birth certificate to make sure he's not actually 25 instead of 19? It's incredible how good this kid looks. How many teams trust a 19 year old 6th round pick to not just kill penalties, but create offensive chances while doing so?   It's just so refreshing to see speed and creativity, compared to the usual Devils dump-and-chase slogfest of the last several years. I don't know how long the fun will last (they haven't exactly played powerhouse teams), but I'm g
      The 2011-12 team that went to the Cup Final played a more attacking style than most Devils teams, but that was the last team I would say was "exciting" since the team that went to back-to-back Finals (when the boring, trapping Devils finished in the top 2 in goals for both seasons).
      Debs, along with Colorado, have to be the big early surprises. Both teams are playing some really good team hockey. 
      The rookies have just been ridiculous for them this year. Butcher, Hischier (good God does he remind me of Datsyuk), and Bratt. The last time the Devils had this many rookies contributing this much was probably 1999-00, when they had Gomez, Madden, and Rafalski (who I don't think was technically a rookie because he was 26).

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name