Game 4 Flyers at Predators 10/10/17 8:00 pm

OccamsRazor

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Samifan said:

****** hakstol! Weise and AMAC on ice in final 2 minutes and both take penalties! 6 on 3

Yeah.

But that was a crap call on Weise, though. 

I swear this game was by league directive.

1 minute ago, Samifan said:

Sucks they at least didn't get a point. No clue why Weise and AMAC were out at the same time with 2:30 left. Stupid to challenge, cost us a point.

Just more stupid decisions by our coach 

13 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

and it wasnt even close

this loss is 100% on Hakstol...it was a stupid challenge 

Very. Dumb.

Barf on the reffing though. The call on MacPinhead was some very weak sauce.

Wow where to begin with this comedy of blunders...

Terrible decision to have Weise and McDud out there at the same time I recall losing a in game OT last season  with this dynamic duo out there...

Horrible call on Weise to begin with...they could have given both players a penalty and just gone 4 on 4.  Horrible play by McDud to take a second penalty.

Then an equally horrible decision to challenge the goal at this stage with the new penalty rules in place for a lost challenge.  I mean this is a Western conference team so getting to OT was a priority.  No way you challenge there unless is is clear cut!!

I would fire the video guy after the game and put Haks on notice as this is a mental back breaker for the confidence of a young team who came back from 3 down only to blow a 2 goal lead and come away with nothing to show for it.

Absolutely sickening!!:Isaidnow:

Wow.

And i was so looking forward to watching this when i get home.

Now what is the damn point no sense watching it to only make myself mad as hell before i have to go to bed and be up by 5pm to do it all over again.

The joy of 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts!

Love that 808 save percentage Elliot you f**king d!ck bag!

2 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Looks onside

Turrible. And the team fought back so hard....without any goaltending help it looks...and walk away without a damn point.

SICK TO MY STOMACH!

Start Neuvy next game...f**k Elliot!

Just now, Poulin20 said:

If I'm Hexy I'm going on a rampage and getting in peoples faces to find out how this was botched so bad.

Which should start with the 2nd penalty given to McDonald.  Still looking for the videos of the penalty calls given to Weiss and McD

13 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Which should start with the 2nd penalty given to McDonald.  Still looking for the videos of the penalty calls given to Weiss and McD

They are here can't post them on my phone....

http://sonsofpenn.com/gif-rewind-nolan-patrick-goal-wasted-hakstol-challenge-predators/

Upon further reflection, I still think Hakstol is dumb.  Unless you are 100% sure you win that challenge, you don't challenge.  Just atrocious decision-making.  Cost his team a point.

Elliott and Giroux didn't have strong games.  MacDonald and Gudas go the ice way to frequently.  Weise and MacD were pretty decent until The Shift.  Oh, and Sean Couturier had an opportunity to clear the puck before the Forsberg goal.  I think he would have liked to have that one back.

Look back at this one when they are hunting for a PO spot at the end of the year...

This is a strange game to figure out. I can't recall two penalties in rapid succession like tonight.  Elliott was no ball of fire. He had a great breakaway stop to open the game and it went downhill from there. The positive takeaway is team speed. This unit can move.  

2 minutes ago, vis said:

Upon further reflection, I still think Hakstol is dumb.  Unless you are 100% sure you win that challenge, you don't challenge.  Just atrocious decision-making.  Cost his team a point.

Elliott and Giroux didn't have strong games.  MacDonald and Gudas go the ice way to frequently.  Weise and MacD were pretty decent until The Shift.  Oh, and Sean Couturier had an opportunity to clear the puck before the Forsberg goal.  I think he would have liked to have that one back.

Look back at this one when they are hunting for a PO spot at the end of the year...

The point along was the reason you don't do it.

As hard as they clawed and fought and he brain farted it away.

Hard to accept defeat like that.

He needs to put his face in the camera and own that loss!

53 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Looks onside

That's onside.  But I don't believe that's what they were challenging.  The Philly feed felt they were challenging Hartnell, who is on the near side.   But Hartnell wasn't even close.   They were arguing it came back out and then he went back in.  But the first guy would likely have been offside were that the case.   Either way, just an utterly ridiculous challenge.   I don't think either one were close enough you risk going down two men there.  Kill off the last of the remaining penalty and try to get into overtime.  Sometimes I really don't think Hakstol is that bright.  

49 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I thought the MacDonald penalty was weak given the situation.  But it was a penalty.

The Weiss thing was ridiculous.   Should have either taken one of each or just the Predator there.    Either way, maybe you end up tied going into overtime if not for the simply braindead challenge.  Mindbedogglingly stupid.

Archived