Game 4 Flyers at Predators 10/10/17 8:00 pm

OccamsRazor

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

None of this can be proven just speculation at this point. It would be nice to see him play so he could work on his game.

We know what Mcdud is an accident waiting to happen...

...however the issue with Morin is he needs some time to play the right side to make him more versatile on the Flyers.

So in order to send him down to the Phantoms you would take time away from the other kids trying to develop.

They are balanced down there with having enough guys who play on the right side right now.

So who do you take time from Myers is playing the right side on the top pair which is where he should be.

Friedman is playing the right side on the 2nd pair which is where he should be.

And Willcox is playing the right side on the 3rd pair...where he should be so....why take their time away to work on their game???

If you send Morin down you are taking away from another young kid. Just not fair.

They should've planned for this last year and played Morin on the right side more...especially if they were going to hold it against him.

So what happens in the future when Myers and Friedman are ready and then they still have average guys blocking them in the NHL???

#planningforthefuture

Its best for the team to send MacDonal down now.  Period.  No brainer.  

As for Friedman and Myers... one will have to prove themselves better than Gudas and the other will have to be better than Hagg Morin Sanheim Ghost or Provo.  

It's a decent position to be in, but in two years, someone we all really like and who is really good is probably getting traded.  

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

None of this can be proven just speculation at this point. It would be nice to see him play so he could work on his game.

We know what Mcdud is an accident waiting to happen...

...however the issue with Morin is he needs some time to play the right side to make him more versatile on the Flyers.

So in order to send him down to the Phantoms you would take time away from the other kids trying to develop.

They are balanced down there with having enough guys who play on the right side right now.

So who do you take time from Myers is playing the right side on the top pair which is where he should be.

Friedman is playing the right side on the 2nd pair which is where he should be.

And Willcox is playing the right side on the 3rd pair...where he should be so....why take their time away to work on their game???

If you send Morin down you are taking away from another young kid. Just not fair.

They should've planned for this last year and played Morin on the right side more...especially if they were going to hold it against him.

So what happens in the future when Myers and Friedman are ready and then they still have average guys blocking them in the NHL???

#planningforthefuture

Also (sorry I forgot your first sentence). Yes you are right.  In face, playing Morin now might cost the team more than playing Morin.  

I eill I'll freely admit to the fact that MacDonald is playing better than I imagined.  

Two goals are directly his fault already though.  Maybe they are for Morin too... I don't know.  Maybe it's worse.  But Mac's better than I anticipated. The rest is all legit assessment though and it's why I think it's worth it to banish Mac to the AHL now. 

Let Morin have a few months and if he really really sucks, then switch them again.  

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

Mac's a flyer for two more seasons.  But can he be a phantom ASAP?   Please?  

I think that if Hagg and Sanheim have good seasons, there's a good chance he's a Phantom next season and a buyout the season after that. 

3 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I think that if Hagg and Sanheim have good seasons, there's a good chance he's a Phantom next season and a buyout the season after that. 

Oh i totally agree.  Hoping this year is one and. Ext year is two (but in name and on the official books only). Then a buyout. 

The O and B have withstood an emotional Preds squad down only one period. Now we have to see if they can get one past Rinne.  Our fourth line is good but smaller size relative to Preds has shown.  Voracek is not functioning. 

2 hours ago, King Knut said:

Its best for the team to send MacDonal down now.  Period.  No brainer.  

I agree only the guy making the call doesn't see it that way.

2 hours ago, King Knut said:

As for Friedman and Myers... one will have to prove themselves better than Gudas and the other will have to be better than Hagg Morin Sanheim Ghost or Provo

Really it's that simple?

Isn't that what Morin has done???

He has shown he was better than both Mcdud and Manning yet here we sit with a scratch for the 4th game because of the convient excuse of he doesn't play the right side....like he can't...yet why not see if he can...but whatever...

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well doesn't sound good. I'm stuck at work tonight and was looking forward to watching in the AM when i get home.

Looking like it's a delete and find something else to watch morning...

:dizzysmiley-1:

Don't bother @OccamsRazor get some sleep instead. This has one of those 5-6 to zip game smells to it. Smashville crowd jacked for their home opener.

Archived