Game 4 Flyers at Predators 10/10/17 8:00 pm

OccamsRazor

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He needs to put his face in the camera and own that loss!

The only quotes I saw were that he thought it was "absolutely worth it" to challenge because he thought it would be overturned and that he didn't want to get into the details about why he thought the play was offsides.  Basically, he copped out.  Didn't want to talk about it, just like he doesn't want to talk about his lineup decisions.  Hakstol loves to avoid difficult, uncomfortable questions.

Again, let's hope they aren't a point short at the end of the year...

21 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I thought the MacDonald penalty was weak given the situation.  But it was a penalty.

The Weiss thing was ridiculous.   Should have either taken one of each or just the Predator there.    Either way, maybe you end up tied going into overtime if not for the simply braindead challenge.  Mindbedogglingly stupid.

both were penalties.  weise tackled a guy, even though his progress was being impeded.  macdonald got a bad deal.

both were actually having good games to that point.

We have problems with Elliot, there is no way we are going to be able to sustain with him in net all season, no fing way. Neuvy better stay healthy and not be his injury proned self because we need his ass now more than ever. Ellitot fing sucks bad man.

9 minutes ago, vis said:

... go on...

I'll be stunned.

Look, I'm enjoying their speed, and they're on the right track, but we have horrible goaltending and I don't know what the hell is wrong with the head coach.  One goalie can't stop a puck and the other one can't go for milk without pulling something, breaking something, or getting an ear infection.  

When I look at the rest of the conference, I actually delude myself into thinking we have a shot.  And I guess we actually do.  But there is a LOT to overcome and there's a handful of teams that bad things have to happen to.

In the Met, you figure Pittsburgh, Washington, and Columbus are a lock.   In the Atlantic, it's a bit dicier.  Tampa is the only lock, I guess, but probably Toronto and Ottawa.

Then, you have the Rangers that are probably mediocre, but make it.   You could also put Boston in this category.   Actually, Ottawa probably belongs more in this category   That's 8 teams.

Maybe the Flyers sneak in ahead of one of the last two.   I doubt Montreal is in the conversation--either in English or French--by the end of the year.  But the Devils look better and the 'Canes look better.   I'm not sure.   It's possible.  If it's one point, it's on Hakstol.  I just get the feeling this won't be the only point Hakstol almost single-handedly blows.  And it's certainly not the last points Elliveurth blows.

Glass half full:

We started the season with a not-easy 4 game road trip that included 3 opponent home openers, 3 games in California, and one against the defending Western Conference champions.

We come away 2-2-0 and 4 points.   You'd have told me that going in, I'm actually kind of happy considering how young this team is.

We held Los Angeles to one goal until late and almost pull off an 0-3 comeback against the defending WC champs.  Maybe 5 points of 8 if not for, well, you know.

So, yeah not bad.

19 minutes ago, Philly29 said:

We have problems with Elliot, there is no way we are going to be able to sustain with him in net all season, no fing way. Neuvy better stay healthy and not be his injury proned self because we need his ass now more than ever. Ellitot fing sucks bad man.

All i can say is get well quick Stolie...

...and it is why they signed Tokie...let him take the reins in LV and call Lyon up if need be he looked damn good in the preseason.

I'd hate for it to come to that for sure.

I know one thing is for Neuvy better start in net for the home opener versus the Caps!

21 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

When I look at the rest of the conference, I actually delude myself into thinking we have a shot. 

Don't feel bad i do too.

But they have to get good goaltending.

I'm not asking for great goaltending.

Just good goaltending.

And let's be honest. They haven't gotten it.

If they can find it they will be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

#fingerscrossed

For those who saw said offsides ...was it legit?  Was is clear that the Pred player was offsides or was it too close and therefore be inconclusive.  In other words, did Hakstol make the right call calling for a challenge?

Speaking of challenges ..... I must of missed this during the off season / preseason ...... what's with the new NHL rule that penalizes a team for an unsuccessful challenge.  Seriously???  I didn't think challenges was a big deal in the NHL.  Hell even in the NFL if a coach loses a challenge they only lose time-out. (yes granted those time-outs can be critical near the end of the game) but still.  Slapping a penalty in the NHL is ridiculous.  Could you imagine the uproar in the NFL if Goodell and the rules committee decided to access a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for an unsuccessful challenge......   I strongly disagree with this new NHL rule and not just because the Flyers got burned by it.  I think it is ridiculous.  If you want to penalize a team then do what the NFL does...make them lose a time-out.

(done ranting and getting down from my soapbox) ........

20 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

For those who saw said offsides ...was it legit?  Was is clear that the Pred player was offsides or was it too close and therefore be inconclusive.  In other words, did Hakstol make the right call calling for a challenge?

Speaking of challenges ..... I must of missed this during the off season / preseason ...... what's with the new NHL rule that penalizes a team for an unsuccessful challenge.  Seriously???  I didn't think challenges was a big deal in the NHL.  Hell even in the NFL if a coach loses a challenge they only lose time-out. (yes granted those time-outs can be critical near the end of the game) but still.  Slapping a penalty in the NHL is ridiculous.  Could you imagine the uproar in the NFL if Goodell and the rules committee decided to access a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for an unsuccessful challenge......   I strongly disagree with this new NHL rule and not just because the Flyers got burned by it.  I think it is ridiculous.  If you want to penalize a team then do what the NFL does...make them lose a time-out.

(done ranting and getting down from my soapbox) ........

I posted a video earlier in this thread of the challenge.    In that video the Predators were onside.  As for the rule change. Hextall and company surely will be putting in a complaint to the league on the rule change especially in the last 5 minutes of a game.

My beef with this game is the 2nd penalty called on MacDonald.  I can't find a good look at the whole sequence but it doesn't look like MacDonald tried to trip Sissons.

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I posted a video earlier in this thread of the challenge.    In that video the Predators were onside.  As for the rule change. Hextall and company surely will be putting in a complaint to the league on the rule change especially in the last 5 minutes of a game.

My beef with this game is the 2nd penalty called on MacDonald.  I can't find a good look at the whole sequence but it doesn't look like MacDonald tried to trip Sissons.

giphy.gif

Ah... thanks. I missed that post earlier.  Yeah the Preds are clearly onside.  Based on the short clip you have above, it looks to me that Sissons is already going down like he lost an edge.  .... just my 2 cents

Archived