Random assessments and we will need another scorer

RonJeremy

On 10/12/2017 at 11:36 AM, sekkes85 said:

Are we seriously complaining about the offense?  4 games in, 2-2 record on a VERY tough road trip to start the season and have 13 goals.  There are a lot of new pieces on this team and the fact we came out of that road trip 2-2 (a very close 3-1), I am ecstatic. 

In regards to Martel and his 4 goals in 2gp.  That doesn't mean he is ready for the NHL, it is such a small sample size it really does not mean squat to me at this point.  I am not familiar with his game but is he defensively responsible enough to play in the NHL?  Fast enough? Strong enough?  Scoring 4 goals in 2 games at the AHL is a nice way for him to start the year but I highly doubt that type of success translates to the NHL.  The roster we have now is fine for this year, despite maybe the goaltending as usual, but we already have a lot of youth infused into this lineup.  You  need to have a mix of veterans in there to keep everyone's heads on right and steer the kids in the right direction both on and off the ice and I doubt Martel gets us 2 goals in LA or prevents a breakdown in Nashville.   

The knock on Martel is his size.  He's smaller than Weal.  He skates like a waterbug  and a has terrific nose for scoring and a lot of skill.  I don't know if his pluses make up for his lack of size in the NHL though. 

Looks like even strength scoring is still on the up tick. 

The caps game game was incredibly clean penalty wise and there were very few special teams opportunities as a result.  

I think this team team will continue to improve and thrive in games like this. 

Archived