Streit released by Habs

yave1964

Wow that was quick.

Mark Streit was signed to Image result for mark streit canadiens replace Andrei Markov who was let go in a messy divorce. Streit has always had a history as a power play guy and puck mover has clearly lost a step in recent years but was a member of the Stanley Cup Champion Penguins last season. His experiment in his return to Montreal on a second tour of duty ended with appearing in two games, zero points and a minus 2 rating before sitting as a healthy scratch for the past two games. 

I cannot believe the chaos in Montreal, the strange decisions that went into the makeup of the team for this year are already unraveling with this one being the first one to be a dud. More to follow.

4 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Wow that was quick.

Mark Streit was signed to Image result for mark streit canadiens replace Andrei Markov who was let go in a messy divorce. Streit has always had a history as a power play guy and puck mover has clearly lost a step in recent years but was a member of the Stanley Cup Champion Penguins last season. His experiment in his return to Montreal on a second tour of duty ended with appearing in two games, zero points and a minus 2 rating before sitting as a healthy scratch for the past two games. 

I cannot believe the chaos in Montreal, the strange decisions that went into the makeup of the team for this year are already unraveling with this one being the first one to be a dud. More to follow.

Well, Streit is 39. The wall must have hit rather recently and quickly for him. Not that surprising. I could see anything happening with that team, but I'll place by bets on their coach being fired soon.

52 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Wow that was quick.

That front office is a clown show. It's actually worse than Garth Snow. 

Just now, ruxpin said:

That front office is a clown show. It's actually worse than Garth Snow. 

Snow, Benning, Bergervin, and Sakic.

4-way steel cage match for the undisputed IGMC (Inept General Manager Championship) Title.

Let's buy some tickets and enjoy some good "sports entertainment"!  :VeryCool:

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Snow, Benning, Bergervin, and Sakic.

4-way steel cage match for the undisputed IGMC (Inept General Manager Championship) Title.

Let's buy some tickets and enjoy some good "sports entertainment"!  :VeryCool:

Can you picture that? Each in a corner smashing their own face into the cage hell bent on losing without effort from anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Can you picture that? Each in a corner smashing their own face into the cage hell bent on losing without effort from anyone else. 

Yep...

With Brian Burke doing play by play and Paul Holmgren doing color commentary at the announce table.............  :rofl:

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I've got Snow in that one. Of course, after the match, he'll trade Tavares for a 3rd round pick.

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Well, Streit is 39. The wall must have hit rather recently and quickly for him. Not that surprising. I could see anything happening with that team, but I'll place by bets on their coach being fired soon.

They can't do that until another french Canadian coach becomes available.

Fire Bergevin.

Ok, Ok, guys....my fault this thread go derailed a bit with all the DWF (Dummy Wrestling Federation) references.... :InnocentSmiley:

Back to topic....

Mark Streit is 39 and while he does bring a 'veteran presence', there are lots of other guys who can do that for a team, while still retaining the on-ice reactions and ability to read plays quickly, which apparently, Streit no longer has.

I mean, not even Pittsburgh thought he was worthy enough to even be on their playoff roster.

And in looking at some of Streit's play while with Philly and after he got traded (very limited time after the trade), it is clear that he STILL knows what he is doing out there.......but just seems to lack the physical ability to get his body to do the things his mind WANTS to do as quickly as he would like.

No surprise as 39, while not being ready for the grave, can be considered 'ancient' in hockey player years....with only a scant few exceptions to that rule (Jagr and Selanne come to mind).

If Streit still has passion for the game and wants to keep going, perhaps taking a job with a team's AHL squad is the way to go. Or perhaps a stint in a Euro league.

Or maybe he can admit to himself his body can no longer keep up with his hockey instincts, and he may want to try his hand at coaching at some level and see if he can translate his hockey knowledge that way.

I would be very surprised to see Mark Streit wearing ANY NHL sweater again as a player.

Archived