Game 5 Caps at Flyers 10/14/17 7:00 pm

OccamsRazor

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is for anyone who watched the game.

How was Elliot?

Bored. 

He was alright. Backstrom's shot on the odd man / break away would beat most goalies. I  didn't see the first one, but for the most part he was drinking water and yelling " good job boys" 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Bored. 

He was alright. Backstrom's shot on the odd man / break away would beat most goalies. I  didn't see the first one, but for the most part he was drinking water and yelling " good job boys" 

Thanks for the report.

Only reason i'm asking i thought it was strange Neuvy didn't start considering how bad he was.

I know nothing new but questions still in goal for the Flyers...

...shocker right?

SIX! Count em, six even strength goals! Wasn't that our accumulated total for last season?

Laughton is looking like the guy we drafted. As is Couturier. Gotta like running it up on the king of running it up teams.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is for anyone who watched the game.

How was Elliot?

Thankfully, a non-factor! 

Can't really fault him on either goal. Caps didn't have many grade A chances if any at all. His rebound control was much better than it was in the Preds game. 

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nolan gets the rookie treatment...

giphy.gif

...all by himself...

giphy.gif

this is hilarious and, I think, why people who have played with this group of Flyers like playing with this group of Flyers. There is an element of fun to this group.  I have really enjoyed watching them this year. 

Just now, mojo1917 said:

this is hilarious and, I think, why people who have played with this group of Flyers like playing with this group of Flyers. There is an element of fun to this group.  I have really enjoyed watching them this year. 

Yes i know many forget sometimes even the players but it's important to have fun...especially doing what you love to do....

25 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Now if only someone could explain to me how the Devils are good...

we always have a time with them. 

They are playing sound team hockey.

Getting good goaltending.

However they are beatable.

Maybe the Flyers will have better luck now that Mason and his 0-10 record versus them has left town.

We'll see soon enough.

Right now is only about beating the Panthers next.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes i know many forget sometimes even the players but it's important to have fun...especially doing what you love to do....

but remember, NHL players arent allowed to have lives/fun outside of hockey 

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Mcdud getting the boos at the 12:35 mark.....

#luvit

I'm not McDud fan by any stretch, but that's just classless imo. Blame him for poor play, blame Hex for keeping him around, but don't boo the guy for going out and doing his job.

13 hours ago, elmatus said:

I'm not McDud fan by any stretch, but that's just classless imo. Blame him for poor play, blame Hex for keeping him around, but don't boo the guy for going out and doing his job.

I agree 100%.  He's not a booable player.  He's ok for the 6th or 7th defenseman and he's not a guy who dogs it out there.  Just because he's not very good doesn't make him booable.

Also, you see his teammates wacking his shin pads and saying something.  I'm sure he's a good teammate, so when your favorite players hear the fans boo MacDonald, I'm sure they think the fans are classless also.  

Archived