Game 6: Panthers at Flyers, October 17, 2017, 7:00 PM EDT

brelic

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Gonna be hard to NOT play Neuvy next game too...

I know it's a shutout so far, but his rebound control has been utter crap. Scary bad.  With the exception of the first 5 minutes that were really sloppy, the Flyers have done a great job of keeping the Panthers off of him.  If he gets the shutout or gives up only one, I agree you have to go with him, but he hasn't outplayed anyone. 

Man, that pass from Patrick was just sick. 

He saw Roberto going down and would have likely stopped Patrick, so he drops it to Weise. Are you kidding me?? Insane. 

And Coots is looking like a Selke player. 

Oh and another thing. Each line has a spark plug that makes things happen. 

Line 1 it can be anybody, but usually G or Jake. Line 2 has Weal, line 3 has TK, and line 4 has Laughton and Raffl too sometimes. 

Thats a a great thing. It’s the fast, tenacious players that start to make things happen, and then the other linemates have the talent to sustain it. 

10 minutes ago, brelic said:

Man, that pass from Patrick was just sick. 

He saw Roberto going down and would have likely stopped Patrick, so he drops it to Weise. Are you kidding me?? Insane. 

And Coots is looking like a Selke player. 

Sick is right. Wow. Coots has actually been impressive so far. Good on him. 

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

And to think.... Patrick is only going to get better....

Again I digress... it is amazing what happens when you have some players with speed on the ice....

Absolutely on both counts. When you think about where this team is already (I think it's for real) and what's still potentially coming, it just makes you giddy. 

It's nice to have a fourth line that isn't just a bunch of plugs.

The speed that the team is playing with is refreshing. Very few dumps into the offensive zone, mostly controlled carries with speed. That puts pressure on the D to make reads faster. The defense is also really active in both zones, rotating high and low both in coverage and looking for scoring chances. I like the way the system is looking. And the changes to the power play are looking good, too.

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

And to think.... Patrick is only going to get better....

Again I digress... it is amazing what happens when you have some players with speed on the ice....

It's amazing when you ave 3 defenseman who are good in their end. Ivan on the 1st Hagg on the 2nd and Gudas on the 3rd.

Defense is key.

Archived