Game 6: Panthers at Flyers, October 17, 2017, 7:00 PM EDT

brelic

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Lol not only do the Panthers put it in their own net on the draw, it was one of the very few faceoffs they've won. 

13-3 goal differential last 2 games....i can get use to this!!!!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Mason getting lit up in Jackets game so far 4 goals allowed and sporting a 852 save percentage to boot so far...

...whole 3rd period left to play...yikes!

I almost feel bad for the guy. 

I said "almost." 

Man Tampa is looking damn good too.

The deck is stacked against the Flyers this year if they are to make a run for sure.

It is a friggin arms race for real!!!!!!

However the Rags have lost again in OT.

Ok.

I know they just won and all that sh!t but if Simmer can't go i call Read up to play RW in Simmer's spot because Lehtera is either center or LW and i would put Sanheim in and sit Manning.

Not because Manning was bad or anything but i think the 3rd pair with Gudas could use some offensive punch down there.

Any way my .02 cents!

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is when you know it's not your night....

giphy.gif

I forget which flyer commentator:  if they'd put one of those boards in front of the net, he's going home with a free car. 

Lol

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ok.

I know they just won and all that sh!t but if Simmer can't go i call Read up to play RW in Simmer's spot because Lehtera is either center or LW and i would put Sanheim in and sit Manning.

Not because Manning was bad or anything but i think the 3rd pair with Gudas could use some offensive punch down there.

Any way my .02 cents!

What a way to kill a line. But I don't have a great option. 

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

What a way to kill a line. But I don't have a great option. 

Yeah well trying to keep the other lines together and there aren't any other options unless they want to throw Chris Connor a bone is could see that.

Mcdonald is still out with an injury in the AHL to so that limits the options.

Unless they want to see what Aube-Kubel could do.

6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I know it's a shutout so far, but his rebound control has been utter crap. Scary bad.  With the exception of the first 5 minutes that were really sloppy, the Flyers have done a great job of keeping the Panthers off of him.  If he gets the shutout or gives up only one, I agree you have to go with him, but he hasn't outplayed anyone. 

There's a rule you know....:nonono:

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

There's a rule you know....:nonono:

Evil plan worked. 

I really don't like Neuvy.  He was better in the third, but his rebound control was Niemi-ish. That's not a complement. 

There will likely be ebb and flow of rookie seasons, but really, the only thing that might really hold this team back this year is their goalies.  They're both terrifying. 

Was at the game last night and the Flyers finally have what has been absent for far too long - speed.   The first line looked great aside from the early turnovers.   Weal had a couple of good chances in the 1st and you can see his speed really helps separate him from defenders.   Neuvy, I thought, played a very good game and the defense really looked good.   Provorov is simply a joy to watch.  The kid is just super cool out there and make so many little plays.   The kid is going to be special...   Hagg I thought played well too - he seems to be an economy of motion out there and just plays a very consistent game.  Ghost had a heck of a game too.   Laughton, this kid, just seems to be all over the ice and has some serious wheels.    Last, the Patrick drop pass on the DW goal was incredible.   His hockey IQ is through the roof and I expect this kid to only get better and better.

It was a fun game to attend and a great night.  Hoping Simmer's injury is nothing serious.

59 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Evil plan worked. 

I really don't like Neuvy.  He was better in the third, but his rebound control was Niemi-ish. That's not a complement. 

There will likely be ebb and flow of rookie seasons, but really, the only thing that might really hold this team back this year is their goalies.  They're both terrifying. 

What pilldoc said.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Evil plan worked. 

I have friends in Washington that always said the same thing: they hated him for his inconsistency on the caps. Now they hate playing us when he is in net... Stopped what, 40 shots? The penalty for "diving into a waste-high stick" and others there at the end did no favors.

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ok.

Any way my .02 cents!

Complete agreement.  

Bring Read back up if needed, I wouldn't rejigger any of the other lines.  They're all working well. 

Most at I would consider is putting TK with Val and Weal, but as much as I am good with Read, that would seriously damage Weise and Patrick's just burgeoning chemistry. 

Either way way I think we're going to see an absolute animal of a Read, determined to prove he belongs in th NHL (he does) and maybe fishing to prove himself worthy of trading for.  

Read, Weise, Lehtera, Manning and even Mac... these guys are NHL players.  They will contribute to any team.  I just don't think this team needs all of them. 

Mans every time I get grumpy about Mac or Weise's contract, I remind myself that St. Louis gave Lehtera a ridiculous deal that he never came close to living up to and now he's our press box main stay. 

3 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Most at I would consider is putting TK with Val and Weal, but as much as I am good with Read, that would seriously damage Weise and Patrick's just burgeoning chemistry. 

Yes TK's hustle generated this play...

giphy.gif

...i wouldn't mess with it now that it is rolling.

Nice backcheck by TK too.

giphy.gif

Now if someone can't teach Jake how to score...

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Evil plan worked. 

Even if they'd have had the cap room, committing to a better goalie just wasn't in the cards.

- Because of the Vegas draft, everyone locked up thand FA's before 7/1. 

-most of those guys got longer deals than we'd want.  Most of those deals were for longer than the goalie in question will be good for.  

-I have faith that with the right coaching and development, some combination of Hart, Sandstrom, Lyon and Stolarz will produce a great tandem and eventually a solid #1 and backup.  

-Neuwirth and Elliott will just have to be endured until one gets hurt and then we all hope Lyon is ready to steal a job-if Hakstol ever plays him. 

Elliott is terrifying.  Both are horrible with rebounds.  Shades of Cechmanek.  But at least Neuvy doesn't usually end up on his rump or back after making a routine save.  It seems to work out for Elliott most of the time (his ugly goals aren't usually rebounds) but it's rough on the defense.

I feel horrible for Stolie.  The organization didn't really treat him well IMHO, but I really thought he had the potential to be that kind of backup who steps in for an injury and just plays lights out for a fun cup run or a great stretch mid season.  Lyon might too, I'd just grown fond of Stolarz.  

Local kids always get me.  Hope he can bounce back next year. He deserves a shot at a backup job somewhere some day. 

Long story short is that if they play this well while their goalies are playing this shaky, imagine what having someone whose just solid (not even good, just solid)  could do for them!

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Coming, the calvary is.  To be a bit more patient, we just have.  Absolutely agree, terrifying, both goalies are.  Yes, hmmm.

I love the Yoda talk.  I'm hoping it's chemically induced and you're having s great ti

Archived