You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

Right now, it's looking like Jonathan Quick
      Some real tough choices up there and I too struggled with how to 'define' best goalie. So what I decided to do was take a cross section of the various criteria and see which name keeps coming up the most when studied under those criteria.   Hmm...which guy would I trust if I needed one win THAT night?  Brayden Holtby Which guy would I like to build my team around for the next several years?  Braden Holtby   Other criteria: Which guys seems the least fazed even
      I cannot believe Ryan Miller is not only missing from the list but isn't winning in a walk. Y'all be nuts. 
      I still put Price and Holtby at the top, with any number of names filling out the top 5-10 after that. Murray has 2 Cups, but Fleury was just as much a part of the last one, plus Murray has only been a full time starter for 2 years. I tend to give the guys who have consistently been at the top for 3+ years the edge over guys with less experience.   I also don't put as much stock into wins by a goalie as much as I used to, so I think the Cups argument for a guy like Quick isn't as stron
      I actually like the question as phrased (poorly).   I think it's an interesting study of how people interpret "best" when left to their own measurement.  It is vague and somewhat subjective, which is what I think is the point.   Having said that.   I went back and ranked goalie stats from 2010-11 season to end of 2016-17.  I'm not sure I had a conscious reason for not including so far this year, but I don't feel like going back and re-doing it.   Plus, this year is such a small sample
      Because they got good goaltending last year. They had the sixth best GAA in the league last year and the third best in the west.    They finished 8 points out of the 2nd wildcard.  Goaltending wasn't the problem. They had the 25th best offense. Quick wasn't going to help that.    It's not a matter of 8th getting hot and winning. They weren't getting into the playoffs with or without Quick. 

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name