Game 8: Predators @ Rangers (10-21-17 - 12:30e/11:30c)

Honest Bender

A mid-day game is up next for the Predators who have points in five straight games after Pekka Rinne blanked the Flyers last night in Philly. As well as the Predators have started playing defensively, the offense is still a worry as they only managed one goal against the Flyers. 

Nick Bonino continues to be out, at some point he is likely to be placed on IR (dated retroactively of course). Colton Sissons is getting a look on the second line finally after his strong showing in the playoffs last season. Calle Jarnkrok was initially slotted up to replace Bonino, but he's been extremely offensively challenged this year. Sissons, between Fiala and Smith, brings good speed and more playmaking ability than Jarnkrok and his line was able to score the lone goal in last night's contest. 

Predators Projected Lines

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson

Hartnell - Jarnkrok - Salomaki

Fiala - Sissons - Smith

McLeod - Gaudreau - Watson

Josi - Ekholm

Emelin - Subban

Irwin - Weber

Rinne

Rangers Projected Lines

Unknown

Lundqvist

Will post updated rosters closer to puck drop

Wow.

With the opposite directions these teams seem to be headed, this could be another 'get killed' game for NY.

The Preds, despite being beat up IR-wise early on, are starting to get their act together and slowly get guys back.......but I don't see any immediate answers for NY other than guys on the team just need to play better. An obvious thing to say, but it is a fact.

If I were a betting woman (and I'm not cuz I don't need Guido coming to my door demanding his winnings plus interest), I'd bet the Preds run right through the Rangers in fine fashion.

That said, if NY has any pride left in them, and because Nashville has played many games on the road already, perhaps the Rangers can take advantage of a road weary team and really turn this into a physical game they can possibly win in the 3rd.

But as things stand now, Smashville looks head n shoulders above the Blueshirts.

Archived