Leafs vs. Kings Oct. 23

BluPuk

I thought the boys looked real good last night. Polak adds that little touch of toughness on the back end that I just love. Matt Martin and Polak allow other players who are not normally tough, to be a little tough. Things are lookin' up! :mapleleafs:

Martin when actually on the ice makes Marner braver, maybe, when he's on the ice whoever he plays with suddenly becomes braver, maybe. How great would it be if Martin had enough talent to play with TO's precious talent so they could be braver because I don't think it'll work having Matthews or Nylander play with Martin 12 minutes a game.

Polak throws checks and when he has to, he'll apply a pretty serious bear hug to just about anybody, he's a physical player but he's not a fighter.

I thought we saw the Marner we saw last year before his injury, involved, physical, creative but these are the traits we saw last year when he played seriously protected minutes on the Bozak line. His talent facing the opposition's 4th lines should enable him to dominate so the only surprise was what took him so long.  

I really enjoyed Moore last night and if he can keep it up I won't miss Boyle.

How have you seen Josh Leivo tackle the mental challenge here where he’s always kind of on standby but never knows when he’s going to play?

Babcock: I think Leivs has been great with that. We’ve talked about it lots. We’ve had players here in the past that were disgruntled and then when they went somewhere else, they found out they weren’t NHL players. Just keep getting better every day. You’re getting paid to get better. You’re getting paid to train. When you get your chance – he’s getting a chance for sure – be ready and make sure no one can take you out. The beauty of the system is, once you get in, if you play good enough, no one takes you out.

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2017/10/25/mike-babcock-jvrs-status-josh-leivos-patience/

This would be non precious talent, wonder if Babs is referring to Corrado? There was a vocal group supporting "Free Corrado" for a large number of reasons and now that he's free he's not in the NHL, not receiving an NHL paycheque. Hope Corrado is happy but I wonder if he is?

Archived