2018 NHL draft

OccamsRazor

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

@yave1964

Congrats Dave ..... Zadina will do well for you ....

I jumped up in the air out of my chair, stubbed my toe, cursed and whooped at the same time and scared the Hell out of my three year old grandson. Worth it.

2 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

So yeah Ottawa uses their first pick to get Tkachuk, a name I definitely know how to pronounce.

If he is anything like his brother you guys got a grit and sandpaper guy who others hate to play against who can score.

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

If he is anything like his brother you guys got a grit and sandpaper guy who others hate to play against who can score.

Apparently he has good hands and can move the puck fast. If what you say is true he'll be an asset on the wing

Kvatsov to the Rangers. WOW Bouchard, Dobson and Walstrom have to be saying WTF is going on and the Islanders at 11-12 must be drooling right now. Not saying the kid isn't talented but there are so many reaches early.

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Kvatsov to the Rangers. WOW Bouchard, Dobson and Walstrom have to be saying WTF is going on and the Islanders at 11-12 must be drooling right now. Not saying the kid isn't talented but there are so many reaches early.

I just mentioned Flyers thread ..... ..Dobson is there ....go get him Hexy!

Agreed totally thought they'd go Bouchard at 9 now you have to wait for kratsov to come over but hopefully it's worth the wait. I'm from Minnesota and so we're still waiting on Kaprizov.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

I jumped up in the air out of my chair, stubbed my toe, cursed and whooped at the same time and scared the Hell out of my three year old grandson. Worth it.

I had a similar reaction minus the toe-stub and grandson!😂

Beyond happy about the pick!

Sandin taken by the Leafs. Damn. I was hoping for him to fall to the Wings with the next pick, but we have 3 of the next 8 with lots of good solid defensive prospects left. Wilde, Woo, Samuelsson, McIsaac and Alexeyev, overall the draft has fallen perfect for the Wings with a lot of teams reaching on Euros a round early by most scouting takes. I would love for the boys to end up with 2 or even 3 of the above.

14 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Veleno. Damn. Not a bad pick but who the Hell is gonna play defense?

I like Detroit taking the best available player for both of their picks.  Both Zadina and Veleno.  nice.

7 minutes ago, More Hockey Stats said:

I am surprised Doug Wilson decided to gamble.

I was stunned. 

Archived