You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

OccamsRazor

2018 NHL draft

Habs stay at 3 and draft Kotkaniemi. Wow. Thought for sure they would trade down as most have him going somewhere 8-10. Guess they didn't want to risk it.

• Like 1

Barrett Hayton to the Yotes .......

most had him around #10

WOW Hayton at five, Tkachuk at four, 

I REALLY WANTED the Wings to go defense, but Zadina is still laying there. Wow. 

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

@yave1964

Congrats Dave ..... Zadina will do well for you ....

I jumped up in the air out of my chair, stubbed my toe, cursed and whooped at the same time and scared the Hell out of my three year old grandson. Worth it.

• Haha 3

Wow ...hawks go Defense ...thought for sure they would forward.....

2 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

So yeah Ottawa uses their first pick to get Tkachuk, a name I definitely know how to pronounce.

If he is anything like his brother you guys got a grit and sandpaper guy who others hate to play against who can score.

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

If he is anything like his brother you guys got a grit and sandpaper guy who others hate to play against who can score.

Apparently he has good hands and can move the puck fast. If what you say is true he'll be an asset on the wing

Kvatsov to the Rangers. WOW Bouchard, Dobson and Walstrom have to be saying WTF is going on and the Islanders at 11-12 must be drooling right now. Not saying the kid isn't talented but there are so many reaches early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Kvatsov to the Rangers. WOW Bouchard, Dobson and Walstrom have to be saying WTF is going on and the Islanders at 11-12 must be drooling right now. Not saying the kid isn't talented but there are so many reaches early.

I just mentioned Flyers thread ..... ..Dobson is there ....go get him Hexy!

Agreed totally thought they'd go Bouchard at 9 now you have to wait for kratsov to come over but hopefully it's worth the wait. I'm from Minnesota and so we're still waiting on Kaprizov.

• Like 1

Wallstrom and Dobson back to back, great draft for the Isles, just drop the mike.

• Like 1

CBJ on the clock, if they keep the pick I see them taking Kupari or Veleno, drafting from need in the middle

Glad that Merkley went to the Sharks,  I was afraid that he was going to still be there at 30 and no desire to see him with the Wings.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

I jumped up in the air out of my chair, stubbed my toe, cursed and whooped at the same time and scared the Hell out of my three year old grandson. Worth it.

I had a similar reaction minus the toe-stub and grandson!😂

Beyond happy about the pick!

• Like 1

Sandin taken by the Leafs. Damn. I was hoping for him to fall to the Wings with the next pick, but we have 3 of the next 8 with lots of good solid defensive prospects left. Wilde, Woo, Samuelsson, McIsaac and Alexeyev, overall the draft has fallen perfect for the Wings with a lot of teams reaching on Euros a round early by most scouting takes. I would love for the boys to end up with 2 or even 3 of the above.

Veleno. Damn. Not a bad pick but who the Hell is gonna play defense?

10 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Go for Wilde tomorrow.

Or Woo. Or McIsaac. I will be content with any.

Edited by TheHockeytown
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I like Detroit taking the best available player for both of their picks.  Both Zadina and Veleno.  nice.

• Like 1

It looks like my mock selections weren't far off.

Kaut taken five slots above.

Kupari taken two slots below, and CBJ took a C anyways. It looks like Kerkelainen is averse to Finnish picks.

I am surprised Doug Wilson decided to gamble.

7 minutes ago, More Hockey Stats said:

I was stunned. 

6 minutes ago, More Hockey Stats said:

Merkley can be a game breaker someday.