bye, bye Habs....

BluPuk

We beat them in every category last night. On their own rink. Shut them out 6 - 0

After all the years of snooty Habs fans it looks good on 'em. :VeryCool:

So what do they do? They break out the trusty old photo of a skeleton in a Leafs sweater "waiting for a cup". And a picture of one baby punching another with hockey sweaters photoshopped in. 

Man, they must be hurtin' and it looks good on 'em. !!!! Let's see if they are real hockey fans or not.

There I said it. Rant over (for now).

2 hours ago, BluPuk said:

We beat them in every category last night. On their own rink. Shut them out 6 - 0

After all the years of snooty Habs fans it looks good on 'em. :VeryCool:

So what do they do? They break out the trusty old photo of a skeleton in a Leafs sweater "waiting for a cup". And a picture of one baby punching another with hockey sweaters photoshopped in. 

Man, they must be hurtin' and it looks good on 'em. !!!! Let's see if they are real hockey fans or not.

There I said it. Rant over (for now).

The irony is, the game is 3-0 at the start of the third period and I'm thinking "I wish the Leafs could make it 6-0 and pummel these guys for all the years where they pummeled us". Sure enough, the Leafs kicked it into overdrive and ran the score up nicely instead of sitting on a 3-0 lead and running out the clock for 20 minutes (which usually ends badly).  :)

1 hour ago, blocker said:

When Marc Bergeron came to Montreal, I thought it a good move by Canadiens.  Man, was I wrong.

Your French is a bit off...it's Bergevin, not Bergeron, but you are on point....that GM has not done particularly well there and in fact, seems to have moved the franchise BACKWARDS.

His main notable accomplishment now is getting Jonathan Drouin to Montreal....although, ironically, the guy he gave up for Drouin, Mikhail Sergachev, is having a fantastic rookie season for the Lightning.

As for the Habs' struggles, I think many of us could have seen this coming...although to be fair, seeing Carey Price sporting the numbers he has to this point and the Habs being THIS bad, I think, surprises a few people.

Toronto is obviously noted for their offense, not so much their defense and goaltending, and yes, they tend to 'score away' their deficiencies at this point.

Had Montreal been a solid defensive team with Price being how Price normally is, then the Leafs likely would still have problems with them.

But as is now, Montreal is a complete mess and Toronto, even though they still have lots of work to do with their blue line, is head n shoulders above them now.

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Your French is a bit off...it's Bergevin, not Bergeron, but you are on point....that GM has not done particularly well there and in fact, seems to have moved the franchise BACKWARDS.

His main notable accomplishment now is getting Jonathan Drouin to Montreal....although, ironically, the guy he gave up for Drouin, Mikhail Sergachev, is having a fantastic rookie season for the Lightning.

Jonathan Drouin is probably wondering how he can get the hell out of there!!! :haha2:

1 minute ago, Leach27 said:

Jonathan Drouin is probably wondering how he can get the hell out of there!!! :haha2:

Well, I will forego the 'whine his way out of town' remarks or 'refuse to report to the minor league Montreal club' schtick... :ph34r:

But hey....he always wanted to play for the Canadiens, they were his team growing up, etc, etc...all that stuff?

Well, now he's got it.

And if the team sucks, then it will be part of his job to help them UNsuck.

There will be no more crying in hockey for him.

I honestly became a bit more of a Drouin fan when he swallowed his pride and did what the Lightning wanted him to do in the minors then work his way back to the team, so I bear no ill will towards him in Montreal.

But, buddy boy (talking about Drouin), the Habs are your team now, you ain't getting out, you best help fix them, Mr. 1st line Centerman. :biggrin:

I think all that "they were his team growing up, etc" is all PR stuff. He played well for tampa, why don't you like him. If they are out of the playoff picture, he could be moved at the deadline. Would be better suited in orange and blk! 

1 minute ago, Leach27 said:

I think all that "they were his team growing up, etc" is all PR stuff. He played well for tampa, why don't you like him. If they are out of the playoff picture, he could be moved at the deadline. Would be better suited in orange and blk! 

I said I DO like him....not so much when he took his ball and went home (when he refused to report to AHL Syracuse and decided to stay home)....but eventually, he saw the best way to prove that he belonged in the NHL was to go to the minors and work his way back.

Because he IS a good player, he didn't spend too much time with Syracuse.

And he earned my respect for just doing what needed to be done.

And I honestly wouldn't have minded keeping him with the Bolts.

I knew NOTHING of Sergachev till he got to the Lightning, and I thought Drouin would help the Habs now, and it would be a while before Sergachev could possibly help the Lightning.

Glad I was wrong on Sergachev's part, meanwhile, if the Habs have a bright spot on the forward lines, it is Drouin.

I may not care for the Habs, but I don't dislike Drouin.

And if the Habs were to move Drouin at the deadline, then that is a definite sign they aren't ready to win anytime soon....and probably won't for a long time.

I would imagine though, that if the Habs are gonna move players, they would start with guys much older first.

Drouin is actually young enough that he may be able to survive a rebuild there (if the Habs take that route)...however, if they are going to properly rebuild, flippin Marc Bergevin HAS to go....I wouldn't trust that man with a rebuild anymore than I would trust Paul Holmgren or Jim Benning to make a good hockey trade and/or free agent signing!! :lipsaresealed:

Archived