Can someone help me identify the autograph on this Blackhawks jersey?

prrack

I recently came across this jersey at a yard sale and unfortunately they couldn't give me any information on the autograph or the year it was signed. I want to frame it and gift it to my son, but I need help identifying which player's autograph is on this jersey. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

f4ce9a3a_650c_4dd9_a176_74f7badee6de.jpg

be10e797_ebda_4aa5_9c55_7c50586642fa.jpg

Okay, that looks like the number 29 after the scrawl to me. I have lousy handwriting and I am pretty good at deciphering things like this but cannot swear to it.

https://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/troy-brouwer-washington-capitals-autographed-red-jersey-shooting-8-x-10-photograph.html

Brouwer wore number 29 for the Hawks and has a scrawl for a signature, I cannot swear to it being him but if I had to guess......

26 minutes ago, blocker said:

probably a dumb question, but is there a number on that jersey?

I am gonna LITERALLY laugh my ass off (I will place a bucket behind me to catch it as it falls) if he flips that sweater over and the player's name is on the back.... :bigteeth:

Seriously though, I looked at the picture and tried to approach it scientifically...

Seems there is a number "29" in the bottom right.....let's put aside the obvious "look at the back of the sweater" tactic for now...... hehe.

I looked over players who wore that number during the time the Hawks used those black third jerseys, and the only players that came up were, going backwards, Bryan Bickel, Troy Brouwer, Jason Williams, Shawn Thornton, Valeri Zelepukin, Steve Passmore, and Andre Trefilov.

But NONE of those names seem to match the chicken scratch on that jersey....although the blood stain might suggest Shawn Thornton..... :shifty:

Then, I thought, maybe that isn't a "29" but perhaps a poorly written "20" instead...

But still, none of the names that wore 20 seem to match the autograph either.

Oh well...guess we are back to looking at the other side of the sweater, eh?

Unless it's one of those sweaters with no name on the back that usually sell for less than those with a player on it.

EDIT:

lol @yave1964

You and I were on the same thought track....I was just longer winded (and slower) to the post... haha

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I am gonna LITERALLY laugh my ass off (I will place a bucket behind me to catch it as it falls) if he flips that sweater over and the player's name is on the back.... :bigteeth:

Seriously though, I looked at the picture and tried to approach it scientifically...

Seems there is a number "29" in the bottom right.....let's put aside the obvious "look at the back of the sweater" tactic for now...... hehe.

I looked over players who wore that number during the time the Hawks used those black third jerseys, and the only players that came up were, going backwards, Bryan Bickel, Troy Brouwer, Jason Williams, Shawn Thornton, Valeri Zelepukin, Steve Passmore, and Andre Trefilov.

But NONE of those names seem to match the chicken scratch on that jersey....although the blood stain might suggest Shawn Thornton..... :shifty:

Then, I thought, maybe that isn't a "29" but perhaps a poorly written "20" instead...

Unless it's one of those sweaters with no name on the back that usually sell for less than those with a player on it.

EDIT:

lol @yave1964

You and I were on the same thought track....I was just longer winded (and slower) to the post... haha

LOL I did the same exact thing and drew the same conclusions.

I'm sticking with Rachael Rey.

13 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Brouwer wore number 29 for the Hawks and has a scrawl for a signature, I cannot swear to it being him but if I had to guess......

I thought maybe, too.  But google image his autograph.  I don't think it's him.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hmmm..I dunno...I don't think she ever played for the Hawks.

Perhaps the Penguins with the other divas, but not Chicago...........  :ph34r:

Well, no.  If she played hockey you're right it would be for the Pens.  Or some other wuss team like Tampa or Minnie.   :VeryCool:

But maybe there's no reason to assume it was an actual player?  (I'm kidding about Rachael Rey, but I can't get it to match anything that makes sense)

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Well, no.  If she played hockey you're right it would be for the Pens.  Or some other wuss team like Tampa or Minnie.   :VeryCool:

But maybe there's no reason to assume it was an actual player?  (I'm kidding about Rachael Rey, but I can't get it to match anything that makes sense)

Well, in defense of the 'wusses' my teams end up with, at least TB tends to ship theirs out West somewhere, while Minny sends theirs to Buffalo.

I give them points for cutting their losses.... :)

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, in defense of the 'wusses' my teams end up with, at least TB tends to ship theirs out West somewhere, while Minny sends theirs to Buffalo.

I give them points for cutting their losses.... :)

LOL!  Good call!

15 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

EDIT:

lol @yave1964

Thank you! It looks like it's Passmore! I compared his autograph on a Google search and it's a match

And no, there's no name or number on the back :) 

2 hours ago, prrack said:

Thank you! It looks like it's Passmore! I compared his autograph on a Google search and it's a match

And no, there's no name or number on the back :) 

There we are people...Passmore it is.

Sure does look like a match when you compare the picture in the link with what is on the sweater.

You are quite welcome, @prrack

Hopefullly, you will stay on with us to discuss other areas of hockey the rest of the season.

We have a small, but fun group here who talk about any and all teams.

Any Q's, just ask.

Welcome aboard!

• 9 months later...
On 11/19/2017 at 2:15 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hmmm..I dunno...I don't think she ever played for the Hawks.

Perhaps the Penguins with the other divas, but not Chicago...........  :ph34r:

I would like Rachael to play with me!😛

On 11/20/2017 at 8:52 AM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

There we are people...Passmore it is.

Sure does look like a match when you compare the picture in the link with what is on the sweater.

You are quite welcome, @prrack

Hopefullly, you will stay on with us to discuss other areas of hockey the rest of the season.

We have a small, but fun group here who talk about any and all teams.

Any Q's, just ask.

Welcome aboard!

Whats the EP for?

Archived