Why it's time for Lou (Lamoriello) to go...

WordsOfWisdom

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad thing....  but I think the Leafs would be wise to allow Lou's contract to run out.... so he can retire.  He's 75!

The Leafs have some hungry and capable assistant GMs ready to take his place (Dubas or Hunter). 

Thoughts?  

On 11/19/2017 at 4:22 PM, BluPuk said:

At this point I have absolutely no issues with LL. The idea of changing any of our management makes me cringe - look what happened to - what's their name now - oh oui, les habs......  :haha:

I'm just saying the guy has had a career in the NHL and it's time for someone else to get their turn. The Leafs have assistant GMs that he has mentored who can now take his place. :)

I haven't liked Lou's FA signings the last 2 years, Marleau and Martin were way overpaid, 9 mil. tied up in those 2 players for the next 2 years is nonsense. Those signings will probably cost us JVR, Bozak and/or Leo.

I do believe that TO's management is a 3 headed monster and decisions don't rest on Lou, alone. Passing the torch won't make for much difference ultimately.

I'm still expecting that Hunter is a superior talent evaluator and anointing him GM will remove him from scouting where he's probably most valuable. GMs spend most of their time watching the team, traveling with the team basically being with the team leaving them little time for scouting.

Don't know much about Dubas so it's hard to say if his input would provide any significant changes but I think that since other teams have expressed interest in him and he hasn't jumped at the chance(s), I wonder about his leadership capabilities. 

On 11/23/2017 at 12:29 PM, hobie said:

Don't know much about Dubas so it's hard to say if his input would provide any significant changes but I think that since other teams have expressed interest in him and he hasn't jumped at the chance(s), I wonder about his leadership capabilities.

My guess is that he knows that he's going to be the next GM of the Leafs... the center of the proverbial hockey universe with a star studded young team on the rise. Every GM would want that job. 

We're all waiting for the retirement announcement from Lou.  :)

Archived