News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Sign in to follow this  
jammer2

The NHL's top 30 brother tandems

Pretty cool article brought back some memories. 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

One bone to pick, if you are going to include star and stiff brothers like Marcel and Gilbert Dionne, how do you leave off Kieth and Wayne Gretzky??  What a glaring omission IMHO. 

7 hours ago, blocker said:

Nice article.  I thought Marian was Peter and Anton's sister.

HA...not that we need any reminders of just how old we are, but check out this potential draft pick, the last name might ring a bell or two. 

Hidden Content

None other than the Grandson of Don Luce, Griffin Luce. Just going by games played and his point totals, he looks like a big 6'3 225 lb defensive defensemen. If he's anything like his Grandpa, he's got a nice mean streak. 

. Seems like just yesterday Don was sporting the wavy curls, now we are gonna see his grandson play?  LOL, what happened to those 40 years?  Interesting tidbit, I guess Griffin's Dad (the generation in-between, of course) was the Director of Player Personnel for the Panthers a few years back. Solid hockey family, did not know this. 

Edited by jammer2

21 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Pretty cool article brought back some memories. 

Hidden Content

One bone to pick, if you are going to include star and stiff brothers like Marcel and Gilbert Dionne, how do you leave off Kieth and Wayne Gretzky??  What a glaring omission IMHO. 

I *do* agree with you, and think it's a bit cheesy to have the Dionne brothers up there, but at least Gilbert played enough games to qualify as an actual NHL player. Brent Gretzky played 13 games, and the sole reason he played even that many was because Tampa was brand new in the league and could sew his last name onto the sweater.

On 11/24/2017 at 11:01 AM, JR Ewing said:

I *do* agree with you, and think it's a bit cheesy to have the Dionne brothers up there, but at least Gilbert played enough games to qualify as an actual NHL player. Brent Gretzky played 13 games, and the sole reason he played even that many was because Tampa was brand new in the league and could sew his last name onto the sweater.

I had forgotten that Kieth never got a sniff of the NHL, I figured he played at least a few games. That is where I met Wayne, in downtown Windsor when Kieth played for the Spits. Yeah, a bit of stretch including the Gretzky's....and I guess the author thought so also. 

• Like 1