Filip Zadina

ruxpin

So who here has seen him play?   Any thoughts?  

I've only watched highlights.  He's supposed to go high and since it was just American Thanksgiving and I'm a Flyers fan, it's time to start thinking about the draft, so...

Just in the highlights, I'm not sure I like his skating.  But it was just a very small sampling.

This draft is heavy in D at the top. Yes, Svechnikov and Zadina and, I guess Tkachuk, but the other 3 of the top 6 are D.

So, given the Flyers' stable of D, if D is BPA at their pick, is that the way you go or are you trading down or picking down?

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

This draft is heavy in D at the top. Yes, Svechnikov and Zadina and, I guess Tkachuk, but the other 3 of the top 6 are D.

So, given the Flyers' stable of D, if D is BPA at their pick, is that the way you go or are you trading down or picking down?

If the 3 players you mentioned are gone by the time the Flyers pic,k and the BPA is a D-man, then I say trade down for picks or maybe package a d-man and try to get a ceiling young forward from another team?  Hexy has done a great job restocking the defense.  I say you go forward.   But what do I know ........  

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2017 at 5:54 PM, pilldoc said:

If the 3 players you mentioned are gone by the time the Flyers pic,k and the BPA is a D-man, then I say trade down for picks or maybe package a d-man and try to get a ceiling young forward from another team?  Hexy has done a great job restocking the defense.  I say you go forward.   But what do I know ........  

I did not see what a few scouts were talking about with Zadina....but more than one scout has compared him to Patrick Kane. I thought he was very dynamic, but that comparison was unfair. The more I see of the WJC, the more I'm convinced this coming draft is WICKED deep. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived