You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

WingNut722

Third Place??

Third place in the Atlantic Division Standings?  How did that happen?

I didn't watch any of the last three games (Too busy watching football and drinking single malt with my dad).  I do know that all of these games ended in losses (overtime or otherwise), and then I see we're in third place?  

This looks pretty good so far, a quarter of the way though the season.  Dad went home and I'm all out of single malt so I'm looking forward to watching both Kings and Habs.  The Wings are  going to be hungry for a decisive win.  They have what it takes to get 4 points this week.

• Like 1

Like I have said, this is by far the leagues worst division, Tampa and Toronto and then a bunch of flawed teams. Ottawa has depth problems and a small budget, Florida is hopelessly lost with an aging goalie and less depth than Ottawa even. Monreal is the most poorly built team in the league. Buffalo is missing something, they should be good but are not. Boston is slipping badly, vets too old to contribute nightly and kids too green to play key roles. 

So why not Detroit?

I am not saying we are going to hang with the big boys but SOMEONE out of the bottom six has to make the playoffs, it might as well be us. Here is one to keep you awake at night tho, if the Wings do slide into the three slot, do you know who we would play? Almost certainly it would be Babock and the Leafs.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2017 at 2:50 PM, yave1964 said:

Like I have said, this is by far the leagues worst division, Tampa and Toronto and then a bunch of flawed teams. Ottawa has depth problems and a small budget, Florida is hopelessly lost with an aging goalie and less depth than Ottawa even. Monreal is the most poorly built team in the league. Buffalo is missing something, they should be good but are not. Boston is slipping badly, vets too old to contribute nightly and kids too green to play key roles. 

So why not Detroit?

I am not saying we are going to hang with the big boys but SOMEONE out of the bottom six has to make the playoffs, it might as well be us. Here is one to keep you awake at night tho, if the Wings do slide into the three slot, do you know who we would play? Almost certainly it would be Babock and the Leafs.

Could it be the start of another 25 year playoff run? 

24 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Could it be the start of another 25 year playoff run? 

No, GOD no, looking at it with the red wing tinted glasses off this is a flawed organization with a lot that has to be fixed before any type of relevancy can occur. 

A few things about the division....I agree with most of the stuff said, except I do think Boston has more in the tank than they have shown. Boston is a one-line team, just like the Flyers...yet have not had Bergeron, Marchand and Pasternak on the ice at the same time this year, and Rask usually goes on a hot streak...see the 8 shutouts last season despite stinking it up for the last half of the season. On the whole, after Tampa Bay, every team has holes...even the high scoring Leafs struggle on defense and in the transition game....so it is really wide open, a team just finding itself like the Wings can sneak in there and be solid and steal a playoff spot, Howard being a big part of that.