Ian Cole on trade block?

nossagog

With rumors of the Pens shopping Ian Cole, and him being a health scratch again last night against the Flyers(this is like three games straight), I wonder if the Pens have a formal offer working and are holding him out to prevent injury?

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/13004773-74/penguins-seeking-to-trade-defenseman-ian-cole

3 hours ago, nossagog said:

With rumors of the Pens shopping Ian Cole, and him being a health scratch again last night against the Flyers(this is like three games straight), I wonder if the Pens have a formal offer working and are holding him out to prevent injury?

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/13004773-74/penguins-seeking-to-trade-defenseman-ian-cole

Interesting. I get the rationale but then...what happens to the D?  Chad Ruhwedel is now in your top 6. Yikes. The depth chart cupboard is pretty bare after that, too.  Not what you want when your #1 goalie just went down. 

Almost makes another deadline deal for depth on D a foregone conclusion.

3 minutes ago, B21 said:

Interesting. I get the rationale but then...what happens to the D?  Chad Ruhwedel is now in your top 6. Yikes. The depth chart cupboard is pretty bare after that, too.  Not what you want when your #1 goalie just went down. 

I'm  thinking that's were the Pens are headed! They have to give up some things to get a descent return! Let's hope J.R. makes the correct decisions!

On 11/28/2017 at 11:40 AM, notfondajane said:

I'm  thinking that's were the Pens are headed! They have to give up some things to get a descent return! Let's hope J.R. makes the correct decisions!

Apparently they really like RooWeeDell. I do, too...as a 7th d-man.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:32 AM, B21 said:

I think the issue is that they know they can't resign him after the year. And they may feel they can get more now than at the deadline as his value is high now.   Go with the guys we have for the first season, and make a deal for the second season. 

Archived