Will OEL be traded this year?

yave1964

Slow news day in the NHL, while doing stuff around the house I usually turn on Hockey Central to get the latest and greatest news and rumors that will almost certainly be proven wrong by years end, this was the big one that Doug MacLean threw out today:

Oliver Ekman Larsson (OEL) will almost Image result for oel hockeycertainly be traded on or before the deadline.

His reasoning: he has one more year on his deal which makes him more attractive to teams, he is more than just a rental but not a super long term commitment. The reason that the Coyotes will trade him according to Hockey central has less to do with his eroding skill set and more to do with money. Stop me if you have heard that before from the 'Yotes.

I really thought adding Hjarmosson and Stepan and Raanta and the kids coming up was a sign that the team was going the right way but they are awful this year, a complete mess on their tenth or twentieth goalie with Scott Wedgewood somehow being the best that they have out there. Awful. As the teams best and most well known player fair or not a lot of what has went wrong falls on the shoulders of OEL and it would not be surprising if he is dealt. 

Teams mentioned as potential suitors included the  Jets, (wow would he look good on their power play!) the Islanders  (as a statement to Tavares that they were serious) and the Leafs where every rumor seems to lead to. 

Like I said, slow news day but the way the boys were talking they had me believing it is not only possible but probable by years end to see him playing elsewhere.

Archived