Rumour - Trade for RNH

OccamsRazor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Jake could fetch much better than RNH.

Well get em on the phone i ain't got all my employer wants me to do something productive.

Can you believe the nerve!!!

And here i thought spreading the good joy of Eklund trade rumors today WAS!!

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

solid two way 2C, former top pick who hasn't lived up to the hype but still been pretty damn good. I gotta think his value is a top four defender.

Gudas it is then. And he is a right hand shot too.

31 minutes ago, elmatus said:

This makes sense to me. The Oil get a replacement center who probably should be a 3C anyway, and they get one of the leagues better bombers on the back end, which is probably what they want anyway. The money seems to fit as well. 

Remember it is Hextall -- we have to bring back an overpaid dead-weight vet with the deal.  Kinda like Homer's penchant for throwing in a 2nd rounder on every deal...

3 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Remember it is Hextall -- we have to bring back an overpaid dead-weight vet with the deal.  Kinda like Homer's penchant for throwing in a 2nd rounder on every deal...

Realistically, That's not fair.  By and large when Hexy has made deals, it's been to shed salary.  When he's taken Salary back, it's been in the name of trading giving up long term salary for short term to free up space sooner.

Lehtera was about the picks.  As useless as he is, the deal actually saves the Flyers a few bucks for two years and ten gets us 5 million off the cap significantly sooner.  

A typical Hexy deal in this instance would be to trade someone like Mac or Gudas for an utterly useless player who makes about the same but whose contract is up this year.   

37 minutes ago, elmatus said:

This thread is officially off the rails. Where's @OccamsRazor with a popcorn gif when you need him?

:PopcornSmiley2:

Feel better ..... ;)    There is NO way Edm moves Draisatl.  Would he look great  in O&B...absolutely, but unless the Oilers want to create mass suicide among their fan base, there is no way Draisatl will be moved.

Just now, King Knut said:

Realistically, That's not fair.  By and large when Hexy has made deals, it's been to shed salary.  When he's taken Salary back, it's been in the name of trading giving up long term salary for short term to free up space sooner.

Lehtera was about the picks.  As useless as he is, the deal actually saves the Flyers a few bucks for two years and ten gets us 5 million off the cap significantly sooner.  

A typical Hexy deal in this instance would be to trade someone like Mac or Gudas for an utterly useless player who makes about the same but whose contract is up this year.   

either way we get stuck with a player that is worse than what is on the pipeline and was most meant to be smarmy.   But, when Hextall has had a chance to sign players he has had a penchant for too much $$ and term.

3 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

either way we get stuck with a player that is worse than what is on the pipeline and was most meant to be smarmy.   But, when Hextall has had a chance to sign players he has had a penchant for too much $$ and term.

He paid too much for Couturier who is 4th in the league in goals?

He paid too much for Schenn who is tied for 6th in the league in points?

He paid too much for Jake who is also tied for 6th in the league in points and 2nd in the league in Assists?

Is 3.25 Million too much for a 2nd pairing defenseman in Gudas? 

is 4.5 Million too much for the 3rd highest scoring D man in the league?  (Ahead of Shattenkirk, Burns, Subban and Karlsson who all make much more)

What are the overpaid signings he's made that I'm not thinking of?

Elliott for the duration is a great deal.

Neuvirth is a special exception because Neuvy and his agent had hexy by the short and curlies.    In that instance, Hextall almost certainly made the deal he had to in order to spend less money over a shorter duration.  

23 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I wouldn't send him to Edmonton for RNH.   But, the kid seems to be constantly hurt all the time.

I know it seems that way... but when the sample size is about a year, I think we need to give him just a little more time.    

25 minutes ago, King Knut said:

He paid too much for Couturier who is 4th in the league in goals?

He paid too much for Schenn who is tied for 6th in the league in points?

He paid too much for Jake who is also tied for 6th in the league in points and 2nd in the league in Assists?

Is 3.25 Million too much for a 2nd pairing defenseman in Gudas? 

is 4.5 Million too much for the 3rd highest scoring D man in the league?  (Ahead of Shattenkirk, Burns, Subban and Karlsson who all make much more)

What are the overpaid signings he's made that I'm not thinking of?

Elliott for the duration is a great deal.

Neuvirth is a special exception because Neuvy and his agent had hexy by the short and curlies.    In that instance, Hextall almost certainly made the deal he had to in order to spend less money over a shorter duration.  

Slow your roll there buddy....  he has had some sheer magic but also some bad signings.  So Schenn should not have been traded?

Schenn is not going to keep up this streak and you have to look at the talent he is playing with.   Schenn would not be doing this in Philly

Jake is grossly overpaid... and there was no reason to sign him to that contract when they did.  He is not a game changer....

Nuevy doubled his salary which was a joke.

Weis is overpaid and barely a NHL regular.  Considering you just could have anyone at a cheaper price.   

Carlo Colaiacovo

Extend Schultz for 2 years

Medeved

Hired Hak (?)

He got lucky with Belle b/c of Vegas

Lubymov

Do you think Couts would have produced if not given the shot at playing 1C?   I love Couts and his contract is fine but that should be credited to Hak.

I realize the cap issues but he is not infallible.  

33 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

:PopcornSmiley2:

Feel better ..... ;)    There is NO way Edm moves Draisatl.  Would he look great  in O&B...absolutely, but unless the Oilers want to create mass suicide among their fan base, there is no way Draisatl will be moved.

Oh, come on we'll GIVE them Voracek!:thumbsu:

20 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I know it seems that way... but when the sample size is about a year, I think we need to give him just a little more time.    

He was also hurt prior to that as well....   kid has a great future.   Just hope he can stay healthy.  Like I said I am not in favor of trading him whatsoever.

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

Schenn is not going to keep up this streak and you have to look at the talent he is playing with.   Schenn would not be doing this in Philly

Jake is grossly overpaid... and there was no reason to sign him to that contract when they did.  He is not a game changer....

Nuevy doubled his salary which was a joke.

Weis is overpaid and barely a NHL regular.  Considering you just could have anyone at a cheaper price.   

Carlo Colaiacovo

Extend Schultz for 2 years

Medeved

Hired Hak (?)

Do you think Couts would have produced if not given the shot at playing 1C?   I love Couts and his contract is fine but that should be credited to Hak.

There sure are a lot of "Yeah, butt..."s to your argument.  Results matter.

-Couturier was actually paid fairly accurately for his role and the minutes per night he was getting and how he compared to other players in that position. 

-Schenn is also paid industry standard for 25-30 goal scoreres.

-For a guy who scored 10 and 14 goals the two seasons before signing with the Flyers, Weise at 2.35 is NOT overpaid.  He's underperforming.

-Jake is your best candidate for being overpaid and he is currently outscoring players who make significantly more than he does including Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Kopitar, etc.   Based on the eye test, I'd give you Voracek, but Voracek is producing... so it's really hard for me to condemn him right now.  Despite the OT stupidity.  Ghost was stupid in OT too.  

-Schultz was essentially a warm body and nearly single handedly beat the Capitals in the playoff series two years ago and has the pedigree of a fantastic career.

-Hextall paid Colaiacovo 650k.  May have been too much, sure but you can't pay a guy much less in this league and the wings and blues had both been paying him 3 times as much.  

-Regarding Neuvy, as I already stated.  Hextall was screwed there.  He had a choice:  Pay Neuvy more than he's worth or trade assets (picks or prospects) for a Expansion draft Qualifying goalie.  Yeah, he overpaid, but given the circumstances, I don't blame him.  I think it was the best he could do.  

-Regarding Hak, we're talking about overpaying, not poor coaching choices and Hak was just taking a swing.  He's a smart hockey mind (unlike Berube) he's just not a good bench coach.  Did he overpay him?  I don't know, but I highly doubt it.  either way, not relevant!

-Okay, so Medvedev.  You got me.  He took a flyer on the best defenseman in the KHL for a year and it didn't pan out.  I'll give you that one.  

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

He was also hurt prior to that as well....   kid has a great future.   Just hope he can stay healthy.  Like I said I am not in favor of trading him whatsoever.

Yeah, I feel like it was about a year ago that he took the head shot that screwed up last season for him.  Am I off on the timing?

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

There sure are a lot of "Yeah, butt..."s to your argument.  Results matter.

-Couturier was actually paid fairly accurately for his role and the minutes per night he was getting and how he compared to other players in that position. 

-Schenn is also paid industry standard for 25-30 goal scoreres.

-For a guy who scored 10 and 14 goals the two seasons before signing with the Flyers, Weise at 2.35 is NOT overpaid.  He's underperforming.

-Jake is your best candidate for being overpaid and he is currently outscoring players who make significantly more than he does including Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Kopitar, etc.   Based on the eye test, I'd give you Voracek, but Voracek is producing... so it's really hard for me to condemn him right now.  Despite the OT stupidity.  Ghost was stupid in OT too.  

-Schultz was essentially a warm body and nearly single handedly beat the Capitals in the playoff series two years ago and has the pedigree of a fantastic career.

-Hextall paid Colaiacovo 650k.  May have been too much, sure but you can't pay a guy much less in this league and the wings and blues had both been paying him 3 times as much.  

-Regarding Neuvy, as I already stated.  Hextall was screwed there.  He had a choice:  Pay Neuvy more than he's worth or trade assets (picks or prospects) for a Expansion draft Qualifying goalie.  Yeah, he overpaid, but given the circumstances, I don't blame him.  I think it was the best he could do.  

-Regarding Hak, we're talking about overpaying, not poor coaching choices and Hak was just taking a swing.  He's a smart hockey mind (unlike Berube) he's just not a good bench coach.  Did he overpay him?  I don't know, but I highly doubt it.  either way, not relevant!

-Okay, so Medvedev.  You got me.  He took a flyer on the best defenseman in the KHL for a year and it didn't pan out.  I'll give you that one.  

Belle was overpaid as well...

Just now, King Knut said:

Yeah, I feel like it was about a year ago that he took the head shot that screwed up last season for him.  Am I off on the timing?

No, i think that was about right.   Wasn't it during the USA and Canada game?   

Archived