Game 25: Bruins at Flyers, 12/2 @ 1 PM

Howie58

Greetings Gang:

Here is the Oddshsark take:

http://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/boston-philadelphia-odds-december-2-2017-866719

It's interesting to see that 5 on 5, the teams are similar.  But look at the PK and PP--we are a lot worse than the Bruins. That may explain in part why we have lost nine in a row, and they have won five of six.

Flyers-Bruins is generally nasty hockey.   A loss today will equal our longest losing streaks in franchise history (2206 and 2008). 

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings Gang:

Here is the Oddshsark take:

http://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/boston-philadelphia-odds-december-2-2017-866719

It's interesting to see that 5 on 5, the teams are similar.  But look at the PK and PP--we are a lot worse than the Bruins. That may explain in part why we have lost nine in a row, and they have won five of six.

Flyers-Bruins is generally nasty hockey.   A loss today will equal our longest losing streaks in franchise history (2206 and 2008). 

Hey bud. Must have hit the merlot a little hard last night. Might want to fix your thread title to "Bruins at Flyers" and not Sharks!!!

Cheers!!!

:cheers:

Image result for wayne simmonds goal vs bruins gif

PROJECTED LINEUPS 

Flyers

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
40 Jordan Weal - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 11 Travis Konecny
15 Jori Lehterä - 21 Scott Laughton - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 47 Andrew MacDonald
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 8 Robert Hägg
6 Travis Sanheim - 23 Brandon Manning

30 Michal Neuvirth
[37 Brian Elliott]

Scratches: Taylor Leier (healthy), Radko Gudas (NHL suspension, game 7 of 10).

BRUINS

63 Brad Marchand - 37 Patrice Bergeron - 88 David Pastrnak
43 Danton Heinen - 42 David Backes - 20 Riley Nash
72 Frank Vatrano - 51 Ryan Spooner - 55 Noel Acciari
39 Matt Beleskey - 52 Sean Kuraly - 59 Tim Schaller

33 Zdeno Chara - 73 Charlie McAvoy
47 Torey Krug - 25 Brandon Carlo
48 Matt Grzelcyk - 86 Kevan Miller

40 Tuukka Rask 
[35 Anton Khudobin]

Scratches: Paul Postma (healthy), David Krejci (day-to-day, upper body), Jake DeBrusk (day-to-day, upper body), Adam McQuaid (IR, broken fibula), Peter Cehlarik (IR, left leg), Anders Björk (IR).

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-12217-vs-BOS/45/89317

Can we say this is a must win for the Flyers??? I have to guys need to start their win streak now!!!!!!

Poor Morin can't catch a break!!!!

Turrible to see Laughton saddled with two boat anchors on either side....yikes!!!!

The 8 million dollar 4th line.....dayum!!! That is a HEAVY line!!!

Phantoms blueline is the walking wounded down there.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey bud. Must have hit the merlot a little hard last night. Might want to fix your thread title to "Bruins at Flyers" and not Sharks!!!

Cheers!!!

:cheers:

Sorry my friend....too late and stomach virus more than Merlot...or just getting old and not even checking on self. But fixed and my apologies to you and gang!

17 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Sorry my friend....too late and stomach virus more than Merlot...or just getting old and not even checking on self. But fixed and my apologies to you and gang!

No worries. I just went through the cold thing the last two weeks. My 6 year old gave it to me and i am just getting over it.

Made some nice warm turkey soup with the leftover fried turkey.

Man it was good.

Just hoping the Flyers can find a way to pull out a win tonight before going on this road trip. This team could use a boost of confidence.

Man it is really really is hard to blame Hak for this team just being so sloppy with the puck.

I mean they just struggle with puck control.

I mean the only damn thing Hak can do is just suit up and do it for them.

I just don't know what else is the issue. Is it that they are not practicing enough....at some point this has to be on the players!

Just now, Howie58 said:

I guess the Wayne Train is not going to go down easy.  Provorov is feisty as well.  

Yes too bad Morin is dealing with injury issues his style of play could help them a lot.

He could inject some life into the club. Hope he gets healthy soon.

Wow. 

See that is my point about having an elite goalie.

Patrick makes a not so smart play there in the offensive zone turns the puck over and it goes the other way but goddamn Elliot can you make a f**king save to bail your young team out???

Hell no!

So yes the team is young but the damn vet goaltending ain't much better.

Not trying to make an excuse for Patrick he is a kid but they are just getting subpar goaltending as well.

Not a smart play by Ivan there. He must pull up on that one.

I know he wants to lay a hit out but it is just to tricky to do legally.

I have changed my mind on that.

Edit:However in his defense after looking at it again they were both going for the puck his elbow was in and it looks more like he was bracing for the hit.

However he does play for the Orange and Black so you know how that goes.

I am seeing generic sloppiness.  In 2006-07 I expected poor play from a relatively unskilled team.  This team looks tentative. They don't control the play around their goal.  The PP can't execute. 

8 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I am seeing generic sloppiness.  In 2006-07 I expected poor play from a relatively unskilled team.  This team looks tentative. They don't control the play around their goal.  The PP can't execute. 

Sloppiness? This is a Chinese fire drill.

Archived