Game 25: Bruins at Flyers, 12/2 @ 1 PM

Howie58

It's hard for me to see if this is lack of talent, discipline, game plan, or interest?  But after hearing that we will have played 21 of 29 against the West, I am thinking we are planning to move conferences to accumulate draft picks and find a new role as designated doormat. Mr. Snider...can't contemplate his reaction to this. I am having a tough time paying attention.

It's hard for me to see if this is lack of talent, discipline, game plan, or interest?  But after hearing that we will have played 21 of 29 against the West, I am thinking we are planning to move conferences to accumulate draft picks and find a new role as designated doormat. Mr. Snider...can't contemplate his reaction to this. I am having a tough time paying attention.

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

Didn't watch the game from the beginning, but seemed to me like it was a bit of all those things you mentioned.

Particularly in the closing, when Philly pulled the goalie on a PP to give themselves a 6-4 skater advantage....they just looked VERY disinterested.

Mistakes aside--going zero for six on the PP is nuts.  Per my lead-in, this team's 5 on 5 isn't awful.  But agreed with Tropical FruitGirl...when you can't even score with goalie pulled, it raises a lot of questions.  Candidly, I can't see breaking up the top line makes any difference.  That said, I agree with Keith Jones-it's easy to defend this team.  Now even the top line is quiet. 

Outside of team-wide inability to generate anything if your beard is not ginger, I’m starting to feel like it was a mistake to keep Patrick. I didn’t expect him to set the league on fire, not even play at the level Hischier is. 

But i did expect more than he’s showing. He’s been very underwhelming and doesn’t have a hunger in his game. He’s definitely shown flashes of brilliance, but overall, i think he would have benefitted from a full, healthy season in junior. He barely played last year. 

Other than that, I saw a team that makes a lot of mistakes and perimeter play. That’s what it comes down to. 

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

This team looks tentative.

I bet so it seems like every mistake they make end up in the net. 0 for 6 on the PP to boot....so they changed the coach last year (canned Mullen) and still no results....so maybe it's time to just put it on the goddamn players.

55 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

6 shutouts (so far because i'm sure they aren't done shiiting the bed) to me is the more alarming stat.

Flyers need a bye week.

:whiteflag:

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Candidly, I can't see breaking up the top line makes any difference.

At this point it's the only thing they haven't tried. Put Konecny between Giroux and Coots.

Drop Jake down to the 2nd.....or just spin the bottle for who goes where.

I know one thing i would put the 4th line of Leier-Laughton- Raffl back together. Get the pylons off the ice.

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
40 Jordan Weal - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
70 Danick Martel - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 93 Jake Voracek
20 Taylor Leier - 21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl

Scratch Lehtera and Weise they just don't fit right now while they are struggling.

Slap him on the 1st they need a guy who wants to shot!!!!!!

SMFH!!!

This team didn't lose this game because of goaltending certainly.....but it was still subpar by league standards....889% save percentage it's like Mason never left!!!!

Just go 5 hole on this ass clown i could score on this guy...

giphy.gif

Damn he sucks!

I'm not even mad anymore. The fact that management doesn't believe that anything is wrong speaks in volumes. Nothing is going to change so it makes no sense to be angry. If the management of the team doesn't care, then I won't. I'll only start caring again when the team starts caring again.

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm not even mad anymore. The fact that management doesn't believe that anything is wrong speaks in volumes. Nothing is going to change so it makes no sense to be angry. If the management of the team doesn't care, then I won't. I'll only start caring again when the team starts caring again.

GO EAGLES!!!!!

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is the main issue with Hak he punishes his rookies and kids but not the vets. He is trying to ruin Konecny it seems.

Insane!!!

:rage:

And this is the main reason why I want Hakstol gone. Period. 

Missed the game because of my sons High School Hockey tourney (looks like I didn’t miss much). So the Flyers big response after their close door meeting the other night was to go out and get shutout at home? 

**Note to the team-no more angry closed door meetings, apparently being angry doesn’t work. Instead take a team bonding trip to a strip club, get shitfaced and don’t give a single ****. Maybe that will work or at least you will be consistent in not caring on and off ice ice.**

Archived